Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

6 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

no, dcuo doesnt work that way, they only do it in heroic raids

and thats exactly why i dont raid in most mmos. and given how much fun time the average gamer has at their disposal,

i am pretty sure, that they dont want to waste it in this way either

BTW, i am not very interested in the turtle. if i could get it without hassle , fine.

if not, then its just a little lesser fine. but it is common knowledge, that if you put something desirable on the box, then the average buyer will expect to find that item IN THE BOX.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 1:27 PM, Grishnaakh.2143 said:

No I haven't tried them, I have watched Mukluk's video on them, and they don't look appealing to me.

I've done the strike mission needed for the turtle achieve, with pugs, that have all tanked. I can't do it alone, and often I can't find help that can do it. A guild memeber offered to help me when I get back. I hope I can complete it then. I also wish they would stop blocking achieves, that seem to be advertised as achieves for everyone, behind group content.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, battledrone.8315 said:

and thats exactly why i dont raid in most mmos. and given how much fun time the average gamer has at their disposal,

BTW, i am not very interested in the turtle. if i could get it without hassle , fine.

if not, then its just a little lesser fine. but it is common knowledge, that if you put something desirable on the box, then the average buyer will expect to find that item IN THE BOX.

Well the item is in the box along with all the other items said to be in the box. 

You just need to open the box and unwrap the item to get it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, fourhim.3584 said:

Just to offer some support to the OP - you are not alone.  I am a casual gaming parent myself, and neither myself nor my son would have bought the expansion had we known the Turtle was locked behind a nigh impossible luck-fest meta and a Strike Mission.  They told us it would be like getting the Roller Beetle - they lied.  You don't need to explain why you don't like what you don't like.  I was encouraged by my guildies to try Dungeons with them, when I watched videos as you did and decided I would not enjoy it.  I did two dungeons with them and still hate them.  I tried about 5 fractals with them and hated every single one, despite them patiently walking me through it on Discord.  Some people (maybe even most GW2 players) just don't want to play harder content after an already hard day at work, school, or raising kids.  Sure wish ANET would realize this.

Yes This, a million times This ! Thank you !

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Well the item is in the box along with all the other items said to be in the box. 

You just need to open the box and unwrap the item to get it.

yea, because unwrapping a box is the same, as a 2 hr meta with high chance of failure.

never mind the fact, that they actually said, that it would be in line with the other mounts

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

yea, because unwrapping a box is the same, as a 2 hr meta with high chance of failure.

never mind the fact, that they actually said, that it would be in line with the other mounts

They said it would be faster to get than the skyscale and inline with the roller beetle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

They said it would be faster to get than the skyscale and inline with the roller beetle.

yep. dont know about skyscale, but im pretty sure, that there were no metas attached to the beetle.

PS skyscale is the one with time gating too right? saying . that something is faster than that, doesnt really say much

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

yep. dont know about skyscale, but im pretty sure, that there were no metas attached to the beetle.

There were some but not as big as this one. The way I see it at least is that it sits somewhere in the middle.

Edit: Turtle has no time gating which is a nice change. But Skyscales length was not limited to time gating.  

At least you only need to do it once. Though I think if the total time duration for the event was reduced (pre events etc) I think far less people would be annoyed with it amongst those who are.

Edited by Serephen.3420
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

There were some but not as big as this one. The way I see it at least is that it sits somewhere in the middle.

some people have spent over 80 hrs on this with no luck.

they could prolly have had more fun at work , and they would at least have had something to show for their effort

and they still try to sell this as a casual game

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Edit: Turtle has no time gating which is a nice change. But Skyscales length was not limited to time gating.  

At least you only need to do it once. Though I think if the total time duration for the event was reduced (pre events etc) I think far less people would be annoyed with it amongst those who are.

if i really want to do hardcore content, metas are the last place i would go. i can raid, but i want something

useful for my work. not a ton of trash loot, that i have to open/DE/whatever

13 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

some people have spent over 80 hrs on this with no luck.

they could prolly have had more fun at work , and they would at least have had something to show for their effort

and they still try to sell this as a casual game

I mean thats on them, it always takes time to balance out new content. If some1 is hitting their head against the wall since day one, even tho it has been well known fact that meta is getting balanced later. 

And guess what? Later today meta is not even required for turtle anymore.

Just now, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

I mean thats on them, it always takes time to balance out new content. If some1 is hitting their head against the wall since day one, even tho it has been well known fact that meta is getting balanced later. 

And guess what? Later today meta is not even required for turtle anymore.

yep, its a well known fact, that the most hyped up fans dont log in at once , and no life the expansion.

who could had seen this coming? certainly not the guys, who have been on the job for a decade.

it is also not the most avid fans, who actually take their vacation now, so they can get that new expansion feel,

while its hot and new.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

yep, its a well known fact, that the most hyped up fans dont log in at once , and no life the expansion.

who could had seen this coming? certainly not the guys, who have been on the job for a decade.

it is also not the most avid fans, who actually take their vacation now, so they can get that new expansion feel,

while its hot and new.

I mean... There is a lot more content in expansion than turtle. 

But anyways ill go back to enjoy my turtle now and leave you rant here, Even tho with the time you used to rant you could be done with your turtle collection already 😅

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

I mean... There is a lot more content in expansion than turtle. 

But anyways ill go back to enjoy my turtle now and leave you rant here, Even tho with the time you used to rant you could be done with your turtle collection already 😅

much better players than me have wasted their time on this meta, so that would be no

turtle looks cool, and if i could get it in a casual way, then i would

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

If you are not interested in the turtle, if you do not care about the item... Why complain about it? We are not here to convince you to play if you do not want to. Solutions were given to you - either do it once or suck it up and stop complaining.

Just fyi - in ff every player is forced into group content, and it is not raiding. It is mandatory to finish the story. Anet actually is trying to get people into different types of content, which is a good thing. In other games it is standard to lock mounts behind group content.

No offense, but you are throwing a tantrum and rejecting any solution and advice given to you. If you made a post asking to simply get carried, you would have had your turtle there and then.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, nenchii.5170 said:

If you are not interested in the turtle, if you do not care about the item... Why complain about it? We are not here to convince you to play if you do not want to. Solutions were given to you - either do it once or suck it up and stop complaining.

Just fyi - in ff every player is forced into group content, and it is not raiding. It is mandatory to finish the story. Anet actually is trying to get people into different types of content, which is a good thing. In other games it is standard to lock mounts behind group content.

No offense, but you are throwing a tantrum and rejecting any solution and advice given to you. If you made a post asking to simply get carried, you would have had your turtle there and then.

if you wanted a world, where a generic, asian grinder is considered "the best", you have won

i am fine with group content too, if it is casual enough. throwing a tantrum? sounds like projection to me

and if i have to get carried through the story, then it isnt really the story me either

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

if you wanted a world, where a generic, asian grinder is considered "the best", you have won

i am fine with group content too, if it is casual enough. throwing a tantrum? sounds like projection to me

and if i have to get carried through the story, then it isnt really the story me either

But... You are throwing a tantrum? You are refusing to accept any advice given to you. Strikes are a very casual content. You are complaining for 5 forum pages how Anet mistreated you personally because you have to do a strike mission.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nenchii.5170 said:

But... You are throwing a tantrum? You are refusing to accept any advice given to you. Strikes are a very casual content. You are complaining for 5 forum pages how Anet mistreated you personally because you have to do a strike mission.

saying i dont like something=tantrum? okay...

strikes are supposed to be the stepping stone to raids , right?

casual my kitten

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

strikes are supposed to be the stepping stone to raids , right?

casual my kitten

Exactly, that’s  why they are very casual friendly. Remember, casual doesn’t mean bad.  

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, nenchii.5170 said:

While I agree with what you said the group content not being required to do things are a large part of why some (I'm assuming the person who is upset) play this game over those.

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Exactly, that’s  why they are very casual friendly. Remember, casual doesn’t mean bad.  

i have tried one. i went in with very low expectations, knowing, that i prolly wouldnt like it

it was even worse, than i expected. thats about it. you can keep it. dont want it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1