Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

19 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I feel my kid was mislead. I don’t like the fact that she had to get over the fact that one of the two reasons she said she bought the expansion is probably not going to be accessible.

I get what you're saying.  If it helps, it sounds like the turtle mount will be more easily acquireable (is that even a word?) after the big patch next Tuesday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I can confidently say I also wish I’d known what was coming in regards to this expansion, since I bought the most expensive package for myself and my mother. While we both like the scenery the expansion brings, the boats and the fishing, those are just about the only things we have positive things to say about. We both moved on, or rather moved back to central Tyria because of the constant walls that keep coming up. First the meta, then Jade Maw, then a strike mission. All for a mount we won’t get 100% use out of unless we’re playing together.

I don’t think it’s unfair to be disappointed that this is the fate of the poster child of the expansion, and I feel for anyone who is. I’ve never been into doing instanced content, and the only thing pushing me is wanting a couple of legendaries. Barely that even, since I’m still here without a legendary, or even proper fractal gear. Strikes are the same for me. I’m not interested and I’m just disappointed. If the turtle was advertised correctly, I don’t think I would be as disappointed as I am, just like I’m not disappointed in not having the Warclaw at the moment. How many times can I use the word disappointed?

After the 15th, there will only be fewer walls. I’d rather do another skyscale collection run before doing any of this again.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

Can you attack standing behind a boss that is going to attack forward after a delay? Y/N
Can you run to a corner if you have a Roman numeral on your head? Y/N

Can you dodge if out of position and see the ground glow orange? Y/N

If "Y", you won't have a problem with this Strike Mission.
If "N", create a lfg and say you new and need for turtle, ppl will join to help you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Can you attack standing behind a boss that is going to attack forward after a delay? Y/N
Can you run to a corner if you have a Roman numeral on your head? Y/N

Can you dodge if out of position and see the ground glow orange? Y/N

If "Y", you won't have a problem with this Strike Mission.
If "N", create a lfg and say you new and need for turtle, ppl will join to help you.

What if...and bear with me as this is a serious question: You don't want to do instanced content? At all. Ever. What if you don't want to rely on getting a group together? I mean, the simple response is to ask why you're playing an MMO. But what if you like the natural, free-flowing events where people can come or go? Those are the parts of playing an MMO I like, and it appears others like. Having to watch a video guide, and a theorycraft the perfect "instance" build sounds more like a dull, lifeless job than a fun, casual pasttime.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

30 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

What if...and bear with me as this is a serious question: You don't want to do instanced content? At all. Ever. What if you don't want to rely on getting a group together? I mean, the simple response is to ask why you're playing an MMO. But what if you like the natural, free-flowing events where people can come or go? Those are the parts of playing an MMO I like, and it appears others like. Having to watch a video guide, and a theorycraft the perfect "instance" build sounds more like a dull, lifeless job than a fun, casual pasttime.

You can do all that without the turtle tho.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

Why are ppl complaining about things before even trying it.

This was my very first strike mission and i'm mainly a WvW person. Never did any before.

I got it on my 4th try. First 2 were just to see what happens and figure it out.

3rd, we got the kill and i didn't receive the item.

4th, i waited for reset next day and tried and got the item.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Well technically you can solo the strike mission. There is no time limit, the boss doesnt enrage at all so your only wall would be the amount of HP it has. If you would rather spend 4 hours doing it alone who's going to stop you ? 

No one will force you to do instanced content, 95% of the game is open world. The 4% remaining is story and the 1% remaining is strike and raid and fractal combined. 

So if people ask me that question my answer would simply be "It's your choice but you dont get to complain that X or Y isnt accessible to you if you refuses to even attempt to get it". Just like DE, there are people who are willing to help other overcome the strike mission. But if you are dead set on playing alone, then it is your choice. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

Brave the unknown for once. ANet wants everyone to experience strike missions at least one time. You even watched mukluk's and now know whats going on in the strike mission. If the group has a healer (or you yourself play a healer with minstrels)  you gonna be fine. Do not fret!

• Like 8
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

I have done a good number of strike missions and while I like some over others, once you get the hang of them they aren't bad.  I think that is all this one is going to take.  Starting Tuesday when you can buy the turtle with writs there will probably be lots more strike missions on LFG that will be new to strikes user friendly.  That is the nice thing about this game, there really are people who are patient.  I did one strike a while back that I had never run before, the leader made 5 attempts with the group and each failed.  So they left along with the half the group, but after 5 tries I decided what the heck I will try leading it, I get how it works now.  We filled the group up and beat it.  I can understand how it looks challenging in a video, but honestly a lot of things look harder when you are watchin a vid than when you are actually boots on the ground trying it and learning it.  Of course it's up to the individual to decide what they want to do, but in this case I would suggest finding someone who is patient, bringing your own patience, and giving it a go.  I have trepidation over doing this strike since people are already raw from doing the meta a zillion times but it's not going to stop me from trying it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Then you haven't done the story, and you shouldn't be making the complaints. After all, you'd have gone through numerous story instances by now, so you'd have no problem with doing another instance, especially one without a timer that only requires your team to kill the boss.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

A tip for the Kaineng Overlook strike to make it a lot easier for those who would struggle with the dodge mechanics of that fight. Have an alacrity rev in the same sub group as them, and the rev camps Dwarf Stance and just auto attacks to reserve their energy regen for their F4 for alacrity, and the rest for their elite "Rite of the Great Dwarf". Every time a major potential one-shot mechanic comes up, the rev pops their elite while near the vulnerable players giving them a 50% reduction to incoming damage. This will keep them alive even if they fail the dodge. Yes this means the rev will do less damage overall in the fight, but it's a solid way to carry other players through the strike mission. I've done it for a few friends already 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, RyuDragnier.9476 said:

Then you haven't done the story, and you shouldn't be making the complaints. After all, you'd have gone through numerous story instances by now, so you'd have no problem with doing another instance, especially one without a timer that only requires your team to kill the boss.

Sorry. Should have qualified. I'm referring to group instanced content. I've done Strke Missions - they are tedious and I find them to be a waste of time. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

37 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Sorry. Should have qualified. I'm referring to group instanced content. I've done Strke Missions - they are tedious and I find them to be a waste of time. 

They give currency for mystic coins and legendary component. You may find them to be a waste of time, others don’t. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

You absolutely do not need to do that.

If you ask, people will just explain what to do right there in the game. You don't even have to put all your cards on the table and proclaim, "To whom it may concern: I hate strike missions, I just want the reward this one time, everything about grouping up with you people is absolutely repellent to me" — just be like, "Hey, I've never done this one. What are the mechanics to know?"

Your "'perfect' instance builds" are just… any halfway-decent build. If you can understand how Power+Precision+Ferocity stats work or which skills in a Condition Damage build are actually providing most of your damage, your open-world build is probably sufficient for a casual/newbie strike-mission group.

The only part of the team comp you really need — especially in Kaineng Overlook, where there's no time-based DPS check and you never need to break a defiance bar — is some extra healing to make the process smoother.

2 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Well, in this case, you only need to do it once. Just like doing some jumping puzzle you hate to get some reward you really want. Or playing a boring/frustrating story step. Or, you know, grinding.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

Same issue here. It has had the nice side effect of letting me forget about bashing my head against the DE meta and giving me more time for elden ring. I will never be interested in strikes/raids and I find it absurd that a glorified open world toy is locked behind content that quite a lot of people have zero interest in.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Wow, Anet already bends over backwards to appease the casual crowd, but I feel like this group of people will not be happy until there is an auto play mode that completes the game for them. The meta I totally understand, it had its issues. I've been lucky, I've done it 3 times and succeeded twice. The first time it was with an organized group, second time I was bored and playing with some random group, third time was just the other day and it was myself and a few guildies organizing the map. The strike though, never failed it. It is pretty kitten easy. But, I get it, expecting casuals to have to communicate with anyone they don't know in an mmo is completely disrespectful of Anet! I mean, how dare they!? Lol, you guys crack me up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

And just cheap development, im amused how strikes fan-boys  are pretending to themselves that the mode ins't an extreme budget mode, because rais went bankrupt.

i did IBS strikes for completionist stuff, theres not any PVE main feature locked behind IBS strikes, just skins and AP points.

now the Anet come with brilhiant idea of lock "essential"(or at least very desirable) PVE stuff behind it.. and even worse, mystic coins. 

Strikes was designed to a introduction, not to replace raids. making strikes mini-raids and forcing pve crowd to it, its just antecipating what make raids failed, now open world pve crowd will hate the game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Wow, Anet already bends over backwards to appease the casual crowd, but I feel like this group of people will not be happy until there is an auto play mode that completes the game for them. The meta I totally understand, it had its issues. I've been lucky, I've done it 3 times and succeeded twice. The first time it was with an organized group, second time I was bored and playing with some random group, third time was just the other day and it was myself and a few guildies organizing the map. The strike though, never failed it. It is pretty kitten easy. But, I get it, expecting casuals to have to communicate with anyone they don't know in an mmo is completely disrespectful of Anet! I mean, how dare they!? Lol, you guys crack me up.

your post just prove my point. if the goal is pester players from the game, they continue with this.

lets see where all this going lmao.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

your post just prove my point. if the goal is pester players from the game, they continue with this.

lets see where all this going lmao.

And you proved mine. You didn't bother to actually comprehend anything. You just see someone that disagrees and so you want to make them out as some villain that is out to "pester" others. The super casual crowd are just as bad as the toxic elite crowd. They both want the game to change everything to conform to how they want it to be, all other players be damned.
😆

Edited by Shaogin.2679
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, Harubpunbaru.3260 said:

Brave the unknown for once. ANet wants everyone to experience strike missions at least one time. You even watched mukluk's and now know whats going on in the strike mission. If the group has a healer (or you yourself play a healer with minstrels)  you gonna be fine. Do not fret!

i have tried one of the strikes, never again. it is basically a hardcore version of the 4man versions in

champions online. except, that you need more( and better) players. and, of course, they lock in the penalty box, if you die.

i actually had to wait for the next group, to get out again. some of the least user friendly content i have EVER seen

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i have tried one of the strikes, never again. it is basically a hardcore version of the 4man versions in

champions online. except, that you need more( and better) players. and, of course, they lock in the penalty box, if you die.

i actually had to wait for the next group, to get out again. some of the least user friendly content i have EVER seen

Least user friendly? The strike missions are just a step up from the story missions. Anet actually did a great job of introducing the players to the mechanics. There is even an easy mode to the story missions. These strike missions were actually implemented very well (besides low rewards which they are working on).

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Least user friendly? The strike missions are just a step up from the story missions. Anet actually did a great job of introducing the players to the mechanics. There is even an easy mode to the story missions. These strike missions were actually implemented very well (besides low rewards which they are working on).

what story mission locks you inside a dead instance? and when they have to buff the rewards to "motivate" the players,

then it really cant be that good, can it?

it is new content, people should be standing in line to get in

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1