Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

20 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Welcome to:

"If you want the thing, you got to do the thing to get the thing" 2: Turtle Boogaloo

I found it strange ANet opted for the "upper medium" one of the strike missions and not Ankka or Mai Trin tbh. Kaineng Overlook throws a lot of things at the group and coordination is actually necessary as people who don't know what to do can wipe the group. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly doable once people get used to the mechanic, but on the way there, expect to die a few times depending on your group. Best you can do now is,  read up on the encounter, watch a vid about it or let someone explain it to you. I'm sure there will be groups doing it. Just remember, when you want something, there are probably others that want the same thing, now you only need to find them. You have the lfg and even the forum has such a section.

See you again next time on "If you want the thing, you got to do the thing to get the thing" 3: Scales of the Jade Maw (unless they fixed that in the meantime ;))

Cheers.

Let us be honest here: The first three strike missions are easy and fairly doable for everyone that bothers to actually engage with the content. Kaineng Overlook is almost entirely about positioning. I could understand complaints if you had to do Harvest Temple for the turtle collection - that's somewhat difficult -, but Kaineng Overlook? No.

Edited by Raizel.8175
Typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

See you again next time on "If you want the thing, you got to do the thing to get the thing" 3: Scales of the Jade Maw (unless they fixed that in the meantime ;))

Cheers.

At this point I am just waiting for the complaints about the amount of kale you need for the turtle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/16/2022 at 9:37 PM, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

Getting the beetle was not this bad, and if you have the beetle, you know that.                                                         

No one asked for everything, just those things that Sold them on buying the xpac.

Anything added to the expansion can be claimed as something that "sold them on the xpac". Seems like a non-argument to me that changes nothing about the way games and rewards in games work. If the game has its mechanic and someone refuses to learn and utilize said mechanics, it's not the game's or expansion's fault. It also doesn't make it "a job or a school" as opposed to what you've tried claiming. It's still a game that requires you to complete parts of content for some of the rewards. That's about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Anything added to the expansion can be claimed as something that "sold them on the xpac". Seems like a non-argument to me that changes nothing about the way games and rewards in games work. If the game has its mechanic and someone refuses to learn and utilize said mechanics, it's not the game's or expansion's fault. It also doesn't make it "a job or a school" you've tried claiming.

Did I misspeak ? Let me rephrase; Getting the turtle was a Main selling point of the xpac. Not being able to get it, is like ordering, and paying for, a seafood salad, and getting no seafood.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

Did I misspeak ? Let me rephrase; Getting the turtle was a Main selling point of the xpac. Not being able to get it, is like ordering, and paying for, a seafood salad, and getting no seafood.

But you are just wrong. Everyone is able to get it. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I mean...they didn't exactly say how to get the turtle. Gating it behind a 2 hour, 50 man raid with a lot of RNG was a real nyerk move, but they've addressed that. A 10 man strike that can literally be done with a bunch of healers and some DPS to ignore all the mechanics is...not that difficult. It just requires doing something different from OW stuff......and that's okay. (Jade Maw part still sucks and needs to be fixed, though, absolutely)

GW2 players are really spoiled in a lot of ways (not 100% a complaint). Other games gate shinies and expac features behind much worse things than a relatively simple instance.

That said, good LFG system when, please, Anet?

• Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

Disagreed, it doesn't lock any progression in the game, it's the equivalent of "another toy". The toy you need to complete a set content to unlock. Nothing about that seems abnormal or unfair to me.

You said we need transparency, but to be completely transparent about the way the turtle is unlocked, we'd need to get spoilers on multiple things about the -still upcomming, at the time- expansion. If you wanted to be absolutely sure the requirements for the turtle are known in entirety for you, then next time buy after the release.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

The bottom line is; No one is wrong simply because someone else says; 'If you weren't so lacking in some way, (stupid, illogical, greedy, weak, lazy, etc) , then you would have, or could get, what I have or can get. What Is a Logical Fallacy? A formal fallacy is an argument with a premise and conclusion that doesn't hold up to scrutiny. An informal fallacy is an error in the form, content, or context of the argument. I don't debate, but as far as I can see, there's a lot of this sh*te going on around here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

37 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Let us be honest here: The first three strike missions are easy and fairly doable for everyone that bothers to actually engage with the content. Kaineng Overlook is almost entirely about positioning. I could understand complaints if you had to do Harvest Temple for the turtle collection - that's somewhat difficult -, but Kaineng Overlook? No.

I know, but the first two would still be easier and probably a better intro to strikes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

The bottom line is; No one is wrong simply because someone else says; 'If you weren't so lacking in some way, (stupid, illogical, greedy, weak, lazy, etc) , then you would have, or could get, what I have or can get. What Is a Logical Fallacy? A formal fallacy is an argument with a premise and conclusion that doesn't hold up to scrutiny. An informal fallacy is an error in the form, content, or context of the argument. I don't debate, but as far as I can see, there's a lot of this sh*te going on around here.

Please stop with these broad responses directed at nothing and instead quote who/what you're responding to. Did I insult anyone in this thread? Did someone else insult anyone on this page? I'm confused about the reason you've suddenly decided to go back to this format of the post that tries to paint "the others" as some sort of toxic/flaming villains. As far as I've read this thread, this is not what is generally happening here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, lokh.2695 said:

I know, but the first two would still be easier and probably a better intro to strikes.

Nah. Kaineng Overlook is far more lenient. At Mai Trin, you can die due to bad luck with people putting the laser AoE into the squad. There's also that phase with the rotating circles in which you can get one-shot by that huge laser. Ankka can also be like that with those gravitational AoEs. In Kaineng Overlook though, it's almost impossible to get one-shot. In that regard, I'd actually say that it's the most lenient strike mission and thus quite ideal for the Turtle Collection.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

43 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

But you can get it. There are people in the response to threads like these offering help, offering a CARRY to people.
If despite people offering to carry you through you still choose to complain about the Strike then there's no good solution to your problem. 

Also, your comparison is far from precise. It's not buying seafood salad and not getting seafood. It's buying seafood salad and having to go and pick it up from the restaurant 3 blocks away. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Raizel.8175 said:

So you basically want Arena Net to spoil the whole expansion just so people have "transparency"? Sure, awesome idea. Just ruin the expansion for everyone so everyone is equally p*ssed. ...and coming back to the beetle-collections: Those are potentially more time consuming than getting the turtle. The problem isn't the strike mission. The problem isn't the meta event itself either. The problem is the huge impact RNG has on said meta event. Instead of discussing how to improve the meta event, several people act like spoiled children demanding everything on a silver platter. Mind you, GW2 is already insanely casual friendly. In other games, you usually can't expect to get everything an expansion offers during the first few weeks. Hell, getting some things even takes several months.

“Because we’re really focusing on strike missions with this expansion, players will need to try one to get the siege turtle, and do strikes to get the tier three Jade bot upgrades.”

That would have spoiled the whole expansion?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

“Because we’re really focusing on strike missions with this expansion, players will need to try one to get the siege turtle, and do strikes to get the tier three Jade bot upgrades.”

You are right, it was the right thing for them to do. I also didn't know they were making us do strikes for Jadebot upgrades. Bl@@dy H@ll

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

They didn't specify what will be needed to unlock the previous mounts, they didn't reveal "new gen lege" recipes and so on -so why would they need to suddenly reveal the collection for the turtle? Now you think they should because you dislike the way it unlocks, ok. But that doesn't seem like the norm or something to expect according to the previous content releases?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

On 3/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, yoni.7015 said:

It is like getting the roller beetle at least it doesn’t take as long as skyscale and isn’t as expensive as Griffon. You have to do some events and collection. Just like what we had to do for the roller beetle. The time it takes to get the turtle is the same it took to get roller beetle. 

I guess I will see how the final steps plays out. I remember getting the beetle was a PITA. Ditto, I had just returned to the game and getting all mounts was one of the first things I did. I am still missing the griffon, but after dragons end meta, I want one. Those things are FAST.

As for the turtle, by the time I got the egg I already had almost all the salad and fish it needed just by being curious about the fishing spots. It was cheap getting the rest from there.

I am at the collection which requires the strike mission. If this is it, from memory, the turtle was way faster than the beetle.

• Like 3

Done more successful Metas than I have had successfull Strikes for turtle.Liturally hate this collection so much I'd rather re-do Griffon and Skyscale combined -_-

I'm not a fan of joining Meta raids despite my Meta Beserker build and despite it being the only time we beat it (but it glitched and no item from the "Suiting up" collection was recieved after Li died). I kinda prefer casual teams more with less stress. It's just a shame that often that means casuals won't have the right gear sometimes and then a 15 min strike turns into 30, but atleast they're often more fun and friendly.

This game is slowly losing it's abbility to say that it's an MMO for casual players.

Edited by ReV.6097
Additional
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Not a fan at all of the collection. I'm glad the turtle is not neccersary. I suck at strikes and struggle with some of the Meta due to personal issues. Had the Skyscale and other mounts needed such things, I'd have probably left GW2 by now. I'm not saying Strikes and raids shouldn't be promoted. I just would not advise locking mounts and things behind them. It is a bad look for the game.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, ReV.6097 said:

Done more successful Metas than I have had successfull Strikes for turtle.Liturally hate this collection so much I'd rather re-do Griffon and Skyscale combined -_-

I'm not a fan of joining Meta raids despite my Meta Beserker build and despite it being the only time we beat it (but it glitched and no item from the "Suiting up" collection was recieved after Li died). I kinda prefer casual teams more with less stress. It's just a shame that often that means casuals won't have the right gear sometimes and then a 15 min strike turns into 30, but atleast they're often more fun and friendly.

This game is slowly losing it's abbility to say that it's an MMO for casual players.

23 minutes ago, LionHeart.2804 said:

Not a fan at all of the collection. I'm glad the turtle is not neccersary. I suck at strikes and struggle with some of the Meta due to personal issues. Had the Skyscale and other mounts needed such things, I'd have probably left GW2 by now. I'm not saying Strikes and raids shouldn't be promoted. I just would not advise locking mounts and things behind them. It is a bad look for the game.

genuine solution

farm 2-3hrs in dragonfall https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

buy a carry through the strike

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

genuine solution

farm 2-3hrs in dragonfall https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

buy a carry through the strike

I actually got lucky with a PUG party 20 mins back. First bunch that had their cr@p together. Went rather well until the end when only 4 of us were left. Though we did beat him.

My views will more than likely remain the same though.The idea of being carried through content just doesn't really appeal to either...

I'm not opposed to Raids or Strikes, just not sure I want to be seeing them use it too often for mounts in the future, and rather they remained on cosmetics and certain loot.

Edited by ReV.6097
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ReV.6097 said:

just not sure I want to be seeing them use it too often for mounts in the future, and rather they remained on cosmetics and certain loot.

wuldnt worry about that, it took anet like 2 years to come up with a turtle, they wont be coming up with many more without nullifying some of the previous mounts

but skyscale already nullifies so much content, they probably dont want to make it worse

• Confused 2