Why is virtuoso allowed to ruin the game mode so much?

Monkey See.1498

Damage that puts Sic Em Soulbeast to shame, almost permanent unblockable on all their most important abilities.  1200 range on basically everything.  Has access to tons of block and distortion.  Can run either power crit for insane spikes or condition for unrecoverable condition pressure. You've turned mesmer/mirage/chronomancer from a merely over powered build into a god mode build that annihilates everything in its path without a second thought  and never dies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Monkey See.1498 said:

Damage that puts Sic Em Soulbeast to shame, almost permanent unblockable on all their most important abilities.  1200 range on basically everything.  Has access to tons of block and distortion.  Can run either power crit for insane spikes or condition for unrecoverable condition pressure. You've turned mesmer/mirage/chronomancer from a merely over powered build into a god mode build that annihilates everything in its path without a second thought  and never dies.

Monkey See, you have confirmed working theories of parallel Universes!

In the one you inhabit, Virtuoso is god tier instead of trash tier.

Praise Joko!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I played like a dozen matches on Virtuoso... and reading the OP got me thinking, is it opposite day? 

The point of virtuoso is to trade some of mesmers defenses, clones, and instant shatters for slightly more damage and mobility. And here we have a complaints saying that the mesmer e-spec with the less defenses has too many defenses. But those with more built in defenses are seemingly fine, its only the one with least amount which is too much. 

In other news, mechanists jade golems need to do more, vindicator dodge mechanic underperforms spectacularly, and harbringer does no damage whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Funny, as Mirage I am every time happy to jump around Virtuoso with my clones and get them down easily, just evade their combos then bang your turn with shatters!  

User above, not true at all, it’s always as many people that many stories… I started to play mesmer like a month or two ago? and repaired my mmr finally, from destroying it to Silver 3 to now Plat 1. 

Have a good one everyone go for your style fuk meta 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Monkey See.1498 said:

Trust me my man, as much as Virtuoso can be frustrating to face, it's not nearly as much frustrating as it is to actually play that garbage. Even rocks dodge your f1, it's legit enraging.

• Thanks 1

Virtuoso is not good at all. Just most people use it with blurred inscriptions and/or prismatic understanding so they can stand there and burst out of sudden. Once you realise that all that needs to be done is to kite/run through them you will see they cannot even cast skills towards fast moving targets

• Thanks 2

Please don’t play Mesmer in Ranked.  It is arguably the worst PvP class in the game at the moment and I hate having to carry these players all season long.

It was the worst PvP spec competitively before End of Dragons launch and especially now with Virtuoso skills only working on stationary golems and not actual real players.

Please play anything else.  Virtuoso is a free kill at plat 1 or higher. 

Edited by OutOfOrder.3719