Jade Bot System needs to be redesigned

12 minutes ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

So, making all other characters who you do not equip with one minor characters? So it's okay Anet is forcing multi-char users to decide which characters we want to mark as "trash"?

You do realize that for almost 10 years, equipment has worked this way as well, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

You do realize that for almost 10 years, equipment has worked this way as well, right?

Sure, but nowhere in the game I'm forced to use it to use basic features like mining nodes, doing events or the story.

Pretty much 50% of EoD (Teleporters, Jade Tech Chests, Ziplines) are not usable without it, let alone long overdue mechanics like the leather scavenger protocol, which funnily even works on opponents in PvP.

Oh, and another good example: Anet did away with the need of personal Equipment in PvP years ago.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

Sure, but nowhere in the game I'm forced to use it to use basic features like mining nodes, doing events or the story.

Pretty much 50% of EoD (Teleporters, Jade Tech Chests, Ziplines) are not usable without it, let alone long overdue mechanics like the leather scavenger protocol, which funnily even works on opponents in PvP.

Oh, and another good example: Anet did away with the need of personal Equipment in PvP years ago.

Are you able to play content without level appropriate gear?

EoD is not sPvP. Don’t conflate the two as if they’re the same. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 3

Agreed about the alt-unfriendliness and making it account bound. But it's the same issue with fishing. It's really difficult figuring out how to acquire all the crap you need for fishing on a new alt and I'm not entirely sure if a newly created player or anyone sub-80 even has access to it?

To be honest it's so infuriating for me I'm not making a fuss about it.

Jade bots though, definitely need to be account bound. I was assuming this was done so they could start selling modules and chips on the gemstore and having it character bound means more sales. But if they don't plan on taking this route and I personally don't feel like it's necessary when they have so many other untapped revenue streams like decoration bundles, combat tonics, etc... then they need to just make this account bound. 

Lose the workbench... it's beyond redundant, especially when you can just plop your core in like an infusion without needing the workbench. Make the modules/chips work like glyphs or legendary equipment that you purchase or upgrade once and then you're done. I know Arenanet's track record and this is not a feature I see sticking around likely potentially beyond the next living season max. There's really no need for this to be designed the way it is. 

BUT - unfortunately I don't see them going back on it. Some poor devs spent probably MONTHS getting this to the state that it's in, the writers probably think it's this amazing immersive experience... and they'll likely leave it the way it is and just let it become some needlessly convoluted dead system, but there's no need to let this system suffer in its prime while it's still relevant for the sake of:

"But it's immersive!"
"It brings you back to specific areas in Cantha and gets you back out in the open world. Except not really I guess because there's a guild hall decoration."
"Someone put a lot of care into this!"

I feel for you but someone should have nipped this in the bud before launch. Change it for the sake of the players, openly discuss it as a studio and LEARN from it, and then just moan and groan about management to alleviate stress. LOL.

Edited by Bast.7253
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Why aren't people causing a bigger stink about the tier three service chips? The third tier is gated by completely RNG system. People loved to complain about the turtle's inaccessibility but at least it was guaranteed upon success whereas these tier three chips are not. Out of the 330,000 accounts registered on GW2Efficiency, only 0.6% (roughly 2400 people) of the population have unlocked the 'High Tier' achievement. Voice in the Void, arguably one of the hardest raid titles to get, has about five thousand more people with that title than those who have a tier three service chip.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Falseprophet.1502 said:

Why aren't people causing a bigger stink about the tier three service chips?

Probably because that pothole is further down the road than most folks have gotten, if I had to guess. People either haven't gotten there yet or have lost the interest in doing so. However, as more people level up their bot masteries and work their way through the expansion, you'll most likely start to see more complaints regarding the bots and the process of gearing them out.

Like a lot of things in EoD, there are decent foundations for good additions to the game, but they all seem to need more work. I honestly hope they get that dev time going forward or else the effort may have all been for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, decease.3215 said:

Next do 80 level 10 core.  Along side 80 set of module.  Include those require meta/lootbox/strike for te upgrade

You don’t need the level 10 cores to access the the core features of the jade bot which was an issue the OP brought up in the last paragraph of their post. 

For the service chips, you only need to use the level 6 power modules. 

The level 10 cores are only for the additional vitality stats which isn’t needed. It’s a difference of 60 vitality which equates to around 600 health if I’m remembering correctly. 

If someone can equip 80 characters then they can certainly pay small amount of gold to equip the power cores and upgrades. It’s no different than any other equipment or gathering tool slot. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

You don’t need the level 10 cores to access the the core features of the jade bot which was an issue the OP brought up in the last paragraph of their post. 

For the service chips, you only need to use the level 6 power modules. 

The level 10 cores are only for the additional vitality stats which isn’t needed. It’s a difference of 60 vitality which equates to around 600 health if I’m remembering correctly. 

If someone can equip 80 characters then they can certainly pay small amount of gold to equip the power cores and upgrades. It’s no different than any other equipment or gathering tool slot. 

Here you are telling people how they shoud play..what they really need..what are you?  Some sort of wisemen/wisewomen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, decease.3215 said:

Here you are telling people how they shoud play..what they really need..what are you?  Some sort of wisemen/wisewomen?

And here you are telling the developers how they should design something. What they need to do.. What are you?  Some sort of wisemen/wisewomen?

• Confused 4

30+ alt player here.

I'm against this, jade bot core is an extra stat boost, you can easily get 1k health alongside all bot funcionalities for 1-2g for each alt. Core Lv 10 is entirely optional just for another 1.3k health boost, if you think you need that health to survive then either gear more vit on your armor or simply gitgud.

This is like complaining non legendary trinkets/gear isn't shared automatically through all your alts. I would also complain my +5 Stat infusions arent shared accountwide. Or anet should remove the vit bonus and add something trivial like magic find/gold gain etc on these core lv if peopel insist the jade bot system is unfair.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

And here you are telling the developers how they should design something. What they need to do.. What are you?  Some sort of wisemen/wisewomen?

Well.. Am there to discuss.   And you just tell me that we dont need T10 and module we like to use...perhaps you should persuade all gamer to stop at t6?  If you can do that, am fine with t6 for alt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hold on ... you roll 32 alts, then complain it's expensive to outfit them? Is that serious? 😆

But as someone said, the issue is the inconvenience if you want to get the most from the bot. It's too bad the bot can't 'learn' your different chip programs and you can just call up the program you want without all this swapping nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

30+ alt player here.

I'm against this, jade bot core is an extra stat boost, you can easily get 1k health alongside all bot funcionalities for 1-2g for each alt. Core Lv 10 is entirely optional just for another 1.3k health boost, if you think you need that health to survive then either gear more vit on your armor or simply gitgud.

This is like complaining non legendary trinkets/gear isn't shared automatically through all your alts. I would also complain my +5 Stat infusions arent shared accountwide. Or anet should remove the vit bonus and add something trivial like magic find/gold gain etc on these core lv if peopel insist the jade bot system is unfair.

Why not stick to t1 core if you don't care??  I assume you are undefeated world champion in raid, fractal, pvp and wvw.

• Confused 2

I have 17 toons. It is fine. All it requires is a little be of daily jade node farming in DE.
If you have more than 9 toons and don't have maxed out jewellery skill it's your own fault and easy enough to attain.

The cores aren't particularly expensive to upgrade.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Falseprophet.1502 said:

Why aren't people causing a bigger stink about the tier three service chips? The third tier is gated by completely RNG system. People loved to complain about the turtle's inaccessibility but at least it was guaranteed upon success whereas these tier three chips are not. Out of the 330,000 accounts registered on GW2Efficiency, only 0.6% (roughly 2400 people) of the population have unlocked the 'High Tier' achievement. Voice in the Void, arguably one of the hardest raid titles to get, has about five thousand more people with that title than those who have a tier three service chip.

I've been including mentions of the tier 3 service chips when I post about the open world features gated behind strikes. Like you've said, the trophies needed to upgrade the service chips are rare drops from strikes.

It's hard to imagine people farming strikes for a little boost to their gliding. It's also hard to imagine people who farm strikes being the ones most in need of a reduced cooldown on rescue protocol.

As someone else said above, people probably haven't largely gotten to to the place where they've realized what these things require yet.

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

A customer?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:55 AM, mythical.6315 said:

It’s not like it’s all that difficult or expensive to craft them. They’re also fairly cheap on the TP. 

44g per character to me isn't cheap at all.

no, that's pretty expensive to a lot of people.

Edited by fixit.7189
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

A customer?

And if a customer wants everything handed to them? My response to their post was not meant to be taken seriously because instead of keep the discussion on the topic, they instead switch he’d and made it about the person. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 3