Any balance on roam/small scale?

Zekent.3652

the last " balance " patch was 2020 

since this patch the balance is even more worse than before.

what are your whishes for new balance ?

remove some stat attributes ?

nerf grenade kit on engineer - because the patch 2020 forgot it ?

nerf walking backwards while attacking ?

nerf shroud on core necro ?

nerf boons ?

nerf barrier on some classes ?

nerf stealth ?

nerf trapper runes ?

nerf mobility for some classes ?

nerf condition damage ?

nerf runes / sigills ?

In this game mode there will never be a balance to satisfy the players.

Maybe its better we get no balance patch 🙂

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, bluberblasen.9684 said:

nerf boons ?

nerf stealth ?

nerf trapper runes ?

nerf condition damage ?

nerf runes / sigills ?

Nerf Grenade scrapper and thats it.

2 options for this 1)Grenades can no longer be thrown backwards. 2) Reduce the duration of superspeed. 100% is too much. 70% will go a long way.

The rest is okay...

I see 4 offenders atm :

1. Celestial gear (must go away)

2. Trailblaizer (kinda same bucket as cele)

3. Thief SA trait line (hit and hide, skilless play)

4. Underwater thief (go try to fight thief uw, see u on spawn)

I know anet dont really care but ye, all i listed there makes roaming quite not fun if u fight one of those or play one .

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 6

On 3/17/2022 at 5:44 AM, bluberblasen.9684 said:

nerf boons ?

nerf stealth ?

nerf trapper runes ?

nerf condition damage ?

nerf runes / sigills ?

Obviously it's hard to get a perfect balance patch where everyone is satisfied, and that's why constant balance patches are needed, brings fresh things and gives space to "new" (underperforming) builds, Which is far healthier than the current small scale and roam state.

Imagine WvW without thief/ranger guilds because SA and Pews got nuked for a season.

🙂

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Imagine WvW without thief/ranger guilds because SA and Pews got nuked for a season.

So like ... now? Because i don't think i have seen a thief or ranger guild since forever. Are those even a thing?

Also keep in mind, if you nerf classes/builds that are good at solo roaming - solo roaming overall gets nerfed, because other classes won't become better at it out of a sudden.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kiranslee.4829 said:

I see 4 offenders atm :

I know anet dont really care but ye, all i listed there makes roaming quite not fun if u fight one of those or play one .

Points 1-3 sounds like you just want everyone to run glass and be a free kill, the problem with thief is not the SA trait line, it is stealth in general, good luck getting Anet to remove/rework that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/17/2022 at 5:44 AM, bluberblasen.9684 said:

nerf boons ?

nerf stealth ?

nerf trapper runes ?

nerf condition damage ?

nerf runes / sigills ?

Technically you walk forwards and attack behind you so, nerf walking backwards while attacking ? doesn't actually change anything.

I like celestial since it grants all 9 attributes. Viable choice for every single build. This gives a ton of options to combine traitlines and skills as some of this stuff is incedibly underpowered on usual 4 attribute gear - while most gear is useless anyway. 

I am even wondering since the celestial rework whether guild wars 2 would be a better game if gear attributes would not exist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

So like ... now? Because i don't think i have seen a thief or ranger guild since forever. Are those even a thing?

Also keep in mind, if you nerf classes/builds that are good at solo roaming - solo roaming overall gets nerfed, because other classes won't become better at it out of a sudden.

I didn't even know ranger guilds for wvw were a thing to begin with, at any point in time.

It would be nice too if ANet remembered that downstate was not adjusted in the big balance patch and cleaving a body now is even harder. Makes outnumbered fights even more of an uphill battle. Reduce downstate health and damage. Ranger pet rez should be disabled after the pet is interrupted.

• Thanks 7

6 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Points 1-3 sounds like you just want everyone to run glass and be a free kill, the problem with thief is not the SA trait line, it is stealth in general, good luck getting Anet to remove/rework that.

There is plenty of gear stats that can be used but with traidoff. Celestial trade nothing and gets everything. Trail is same no loss at all for condi builds. 
Stealth is fine but SA trait line is hard carry for any thief. There are still good players who can play without it and have strong fights. Perma stealth is issue.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 3/17/2022 at 3:02 PM, kiranslee.4829 said:

I see 4 offenders atm :

As much as I hate fighting those classes that capitalize on those stats, I don't want to see them ago. They promote build diversity and easier intro for new players joining this game mode. 

The current problem with this game mode is there are no proper counters for high toughness/vitality builds. 

They can't just simply boost ganker builds DPS because that will just promote more one-shot builds for glassier builds. 

That's why DE was nerfed, FA Weavers, SB (somewhat) etc. 

GW2 hasn't implemented something like Crack Armor from GW1. This made it possible to counter high armor classes WITHOUT making the squishy classes squishier. 

If they can create something like this for GW2 it will provide new types of roaming in WvW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

As much as I hate fighting those classes that capitalize on those stats, I don't want to see them ago. They promote build diversity and easier intro for new players joining this game mode. 

The current problem with this game mode is there are no proper counters for high toughness/vitality builds. 

They can't just simply boost ganker builds DPS because that will just promote more one-shot builds for glassier builds. 

That's why DE was nerfed, FA Weavers, SB (somewhat) etc. 

GW2 hasn't implemented something like Crack Armor from GW1. This made it possible to counter high armor classes WITHOUT making the squishy classes squishier. 

If they can create something like this for GW2 it will provide new types of roaming in WvW. 

You mean vulnerability? 

It would be interesting if they buffed vulnerability to, say, 2% per stack, making vuln application for bursts more impactful for countering high-toughness classes. 

Also swapping the corrupt boon of Protection and Might would make a lot of sense to me. Protection becomes weakness (a single stack of high impact), and might converts to weakness (allowing corruption of 25 might to become 25 vuln).

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You mean vulnerability? 

It would be interesting if they buffed vulnerability to, say, 2% per stack, making vuln application for bursts more impactful for countering high-toughness classes. 

Also swapping the corrupt boon of Protection and Might would make a lot of sense to me. Protection becomes weakness (a single stack of high impact), and might converts to weakness (allowing corruption of 25 might to become 25 vuln).

the problem is, vulnerability is universal, meaning buffing it would also make squishier classes even squishier. 

Let's say they add another condition that will lower certain stats like vitality and toughness. 

That condition should only lower it to a certain threshold where classes running glass are not affected. 

example: 

"Cracked Armor" 

- For 2 seconds... this condition reduces your toughness and vitality by 50%. Your toughness and vitality couldn't not go lower than the base level. 

- at level 80, it can't go lower than 1000. 

idk that's like a rough example. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

the problem is, vulnerability is universal, meaning buffing it would also make squishier classes even squishier. 

Let's say they add another condition that will lower certain stats like vitality and toughness. 

That condition should only lower it to a certain threshold where classes running glass are not affected. 

example: 

"Cracked Armor" 

- For 2 seconds... this condition reduces your toughness and vitality by 50%. Your toughness and vitality couldn't not go lower than the base level. 

- at level 80, it can't go lower than 1000. 

idk that's like a rough example. 

Ah I see, so like inverse might applied to toughness, since might adds power. AFAIK every other condition is incoming/outgoing based rather than stay based.

6 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Ah I see, so like inverse might applied to toughness, since might adds power. AFAIK every other condition is incoming/outgoing based rather than stay based.

Not completely the same. The main difference is being percentage based, rather than a flat change, so that it affects high toughness players more than low toughness players. For example, for 50% reduction, 3000 toughness players will take 1500 toughness reduction, while 2000 toughness players will only take 1000 toughness reduction.

Edited by godfat.2604