Elixir dealing 7K+ power dmg is unacceptable.

Ovark.2514

Oh...... That one....😑

I've been killed by that so many times and am not even sure how to avoid it besides playing scrapper a training purity of purpose and slotting purge gyro

Also coupled with the fact that I was playing thief which has no condi cleanse

I wish mesmer chaos field did the same thing

Edited by Infinity.2876

It's not often that I jump on bandwagons like these, but this is definitely one situation where the complaints are warraned. 

Harbinger + Support is a combination I've been doing with a friend of mine, and I've lost track of how many times I saw him move in to burst someone, pop his Elixirs and then stand there wondering why the enemy was already in downstate. 

This isn't a L2dodge moment because the Elixirs are just the set up for the burst. If you dodge that, you're down a dodge you need to save for the Grav Well. If you dodge the Grav well, you're out of endurance and you've got a fully blight stacked 25 might Shroud 3+4 headed your way. 

The 15 blight + every boon in the game is enough for a Set-up move. The blight sets you up to nuke someone with Shroud 4 and the 25 might, quickness, and fury guarantee that you'll hit big numbers. 

I would tweak Ambition's toss skill to give Weakness, Chill, Blind, and 10 stacks of Vuln if it hits you and significantly reduce the power damage. 

I'd also add a red circle indicator on the ground. This is definitely one of the high-impact skills that deserves one. The current animation is not sufficient on it's own. 

This would still incredibly powerful, because:

1. That's 4 cover condis if used during a condi bomb

2. The chill makes your shroud burst easier to land

and

3. 10 vuln + 25 might is a very powerful damage amp for one skill. 

That should solidify it is a Set-up move and not a random burst skill that comes out of nowhere. 

Edit: I completely forgot this is AoE plasma, which makes this skill even more nuts. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 6

On 3/19/2022 at 4:08 PM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Every boon in the game, every damaging condition in the game, and upwards of 9k+ power damage, in one skill, with a quick, almost-unnoticeable animation.

Extremely balanced.

No dude, you don't get it, it's fine, they dont have 60K health with shroud this time! After they oneshot you, you can just easily oneshot them back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

What is class bias you may wonder......let me show you in a very fashionable way...

1)This is what you come up with when you work on something you secretly despise.....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Celerity

2)This is what your devious mind come up with when you love to bits something....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_of_Ambition

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

What is class bias you may wonder......let me show you in a very fashionable way...

1)This is what you come up with when you work on something you secretly despise.....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Celerity

2)This is what your devious mind come up with when you love to bits something....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_of_Ambition

It's funny because I'd say its the exact opposite. I design an elite that tweaks mechanics, therefore introduces extra complexity/tactics/deapth to the e-spec... or I just want to go home, my workday is already over but still have to present tomorrow... So lets make the elite do all boons, all condis and all damage. Now, where did I park my car?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

All the Elixirs have the same damage. Ambition hits harder consistently because the boons are applied before the elixir ever hits and it applies Blight before the damage roll as well so it always hits with the double damage from being past the Blight threshold.

The problem mostly stems from the 100% Damage and Condition Duration Increase once past the 5/10/15 Blight stacks they tacked on to Elixir to make Blight less of a badly non-existent mechanic and Elixirs feel less awful and boring. Unfortunately Blight remains a badly designed mechanic despite the band-aid fix itself being broken.

A full stack of 25 Might is also way too powerful to self-generate in PvP. We've had this problem with other classes who were capable of maintaining or quickly generating large might stacks on their own before and it was unbalanced then too.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, chokela.4823 said:

It's just noobstomper build come on guys do yo all want to loop in 5 remaining builds?

They said it for Sick em SB, condi DH, trapper DH,  FT scrapper and many more. Vindicator was nerfed,  now it's your turn. It will be mech next then bladesworn. The cycle of life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Cause if you do die necros really enjoy jumping on you now. 

That's just people in wvw in general with insulated builds. That's why you take a roaming thief with you~ 

If you're on Gate of Madness I'm available for ego insurance~ ❤️ 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261