Wvw Balance. What needs buffs?

DanAlcedo.3281

2 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

People love to ask for nerfs so much you'd think all everyone wants is for every class to only have insulting Shouts for attacks.

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
20sec recharge
240 radius
5 targets

No damage of course, but maybe it hurts your feelings.

You would have to make it a bald joke.

8 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

People love to ask for nerfs so much you'd think all everyone wants is for every class to only have insulting Shouts for attacks.

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
20sec recharge
240 radius
5 targets

No damage of course, but maybe it hurts your feelings.

Nerfs to sustain too so damage can stick instead of it being spike them to 0% or they're at 100%.

General

Adressing the Boonproblem (pick one of the 3)

Increase Boonstrip across the board for all classes. Right now there is literally no drawback to simply poping all your buffs right at the beginning of the battle. It is really sad if you are facing a Enemy that has 19 seconds of Quickness on him. I can only think that boons were designed to give a distinct advantage in certain situations. For example you need to use your Stabi before going in so that you are not interrupted during your Combos. The state we are in right now is diffrent. You just pop all you boons on cooldown, because you can almsot got a complete coverage and cooldowns that are not ticking are not generating a advantage for you(i hope you understand what i mean with that:D). Boons finally need some counterplay or have to be used with brain. Just constantly using everything offcooldown is a very lame but sadly very effective concept right now. increased boonstrip will have people thinking when they are popping their boons because they are facing the danger of loosing all of that precious quickness at once.

Capping Boondurations Capping the duration of EVERY buff at 10 seconds (exclude swiftness if you like) would recude this headless "Spam the boons offcooldown" gameplay we have right now. You now actually have to think when and how to use your buffs. Concentration would no longer increase the duration of boons, it is rather increasing the maximum duration of a boon that you can apply. 50% boonduration would equal a maximum duration of 15 seconds and so on. This would reduce the duration of important boons on for example roaming builds, but would still give professions/builds that heavily invest in Concentration the option to buff up the group for a extended duration. In all honesty i just want to tone down the perma stabi builds we see from Engie and Ranger atm. Where you take 250 Concentration and suddenly you have a perfect coverage of stabi.

Capping Stabistacks As stability is such a high counter to alot of builds it needs to be looked at. Just having 10 stacks of stabi for 15+ seconds is just straight up dumb. The whole "CC<->Stability-theme" has to be made more interactive. Reduce the maxstacks of stabi to 1. Stabi works now like aegis and will only affect the next stun(only in Wvw and PvP). Stabi would require some critical thinking now and is less of a Ramboboon. You can even increase sources of stability to compensate. But i think this would go a long way. Supports should be redesigned to have pulsing stability now, to still make Zerggameplay possible. You would have to keep a close eye on how this affects Zerggameplay as i can see problems with that. i could lead to pirateship battles.... Maybe make it so you can only have 1 stack from 1 source. Example: if you have 2 supports and they both give out Stability to the remaining 3 members of the group, the whole group would have 2 stack of stabi. Something has to be done here, because i think stabi needs to be more interactive, while also making Zergplay possible in the way we see it right now.

Diversity

Increasing diversity as a whole Anet has data of playtimes of diffrent classes in diffrent gamemodes. Simply take the bottom 3 classes and add a flat 5% damage(or healing) to all skills and take the top 3 and -2% damage(or healing) across all skills for those. This will flatout how viable/unviable builds are and will result in more diversity longterm, without completly butchering overperforming builds. Games like League of legends do this for years and it seems to work. Buffing the least played professions and slightly lowering the most played.

Professionhotfixes

Elementalist (Freashair)Those changes alone would be enough to bring Freshair into the picture again

-Revert the Change to Element of Rage from 2021.  +5%condidamage and +5% powerdamage => +10% powerdamage (this Change was a direct nerf to Freshairweaver that noone has called for; +5% condidamage feels weird on a vita->precision conversion anyways!)

-+5% Damage across the board for all sceptre skills

- reduce the casttime for Dragonstooth by 50%; increase projectilespeed of Phoenix

-add 1 stack of Stability during the casttime of Ether renewal, similar like we have on overloads

Chronomancer

Chrono is in a sad state overall, please buff it.

Warrior

Bring back some of the damage on CC skills of warrior. Right now weapons like Hammer are straightup useless.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nerf:

Explosive Entrance and associated traits.
Nades
Sic'em
Attack of Opportunity
Firebrand in general (whole thing, just a great big old nerf bat to the gonads in all game modes)
Downstate HP totals

Buff:

Inventions rework
Earth Magic rework
Arcane Magic rework
Arms rework
Defense (the traitline not the stat) rework
Revert the 2020 Hard CC damage nerfs, scale them to the relative power level of the current meta (70% of the pre feb2020 damage values roughly)
Revert the 300s CD trait nerfs
Every underpowered weapon on all the classes, seriously there is some weak kitten weapon sets out there...
Rework Bladesworn entirely

I don't want a Inventions rework, just the weak traits changed, (Automated Medical Response, Autodefense Bomb Dispenser, and Bunker Down).

On 3/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, Threather.9354 said:

Well lets see. Just some ideas but of course I could come up with plenty more.

Reaper

Add back pulsing stability on shroud 3. Fear immunity would be nice also during it.

Guardian Hammer

Mighty blow (2) should trigger combo:blast effect twice (bring back waterfield blasting)

Revenant Mallyx

Pain absorption should pull 2 conditions from allies

Chrono

Shield 5 range should be increased 600 -> 750

Holosmith

Just make this trait give pulsing stability instead of damage reduction
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_Density_Amplifier
Superspeed

Tune it down to 100->66% increase in ms. Reduce cooldown of several self-superspeed skills.

Superspeed

Tune it down to 100->66% increase in ms. Reduce cooldown of several self-superspeed skills.

Holosmith does not need mobility nerfs, it is hard enough to escape from groups of players when so many classes have multiple 600-1200 range movement skills as it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

see, i told u anet cannot do balance. what we got: nerfs mostly, plus a complete delete of one former meta class. rip spellbreaker.

https://i.imgur.com/Xhu8k6b.png

This spellbreaker? That now doesn't have to deal with bubbles and can aggressively go in the enemy even more than before? The spellbreaker that could easily outdamage everything except DHs and Weavers (one of which just got nerfed)? The spellbreaker that now technically has no reason to waste time casting a bubble and can focus on dealing more damage?

Very much dead. RIP spellbreaker 2022.

I'm not sure it's anet that's clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

yeah, i can also post a random dps meter... if warri is on the high dps ratings, it just means u fight a bad group or your own dps players are slacking, bc they should be lightyears over the warriors.

also ur from NA it seems... the meta over there if far more random and the amount of serious groups probably barely existant. ofc u can farm random groups with a dps spellbreaker and some pvE roations, not sure what u try to prove

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, God.2708 said:

https://i.imgur.com/Xhu8k6b.png

This spellbreaker? That now doesn't have to deal with bubbles and can aggressively go in the enemy even more than before? The spellbreaker that could easily outdamage everything except DHs and Weavers (one of which just got nerfed)? The spellbreaker that now technically has no reason to waste time casting a bubble and can focus on dealing more damage?

Very much dead. RIP spellbreaker 2022.

I'm not sure it's anet that's clueless.

This is the gw2 forum. You have to say Warrior is bad and unplayable, those are the rules.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

yeah, i can also post a random dps meter... if warri is on the high dps ratings, it just means u fight a bad group or your own dps players are slacking, bc they should be lightyears over the warriors.

also ur from NA it seems... the meta over there if far more random and the amount of serious groups probably barely existant. ofc u can farm random groups with a dps spellbreaker and some pvE roations, not sure what u try to prove

Oh, EU.
Even easier.

What's that? an entire group running multiple DPS spellbreakers that are all dropping competitive damage against classes that ALL just got damage nerfs while all spellbreaker lost was its bubble effect?

Maybe Lays is just facing randoms and their DPS are trash though. Yeah that's probably it.

• Confused 1

they ran it for bubbletrainchaining, obviously - the vid is literally a compilation of bubbles. seriously, any group that cannot stop a melee push without the new, pointless bubbles is just a bad group. we can even heal and reboon through any meleepush now... makes it way easy to stop.

u cannot compare melee INSIDE of a bubblechaining to what we have now. how's that so hard to understand?

i don't see who they fight there... i'd love to see Lays again somewhere on the battlefield, but they been stuck in some t1 serverlink and had 2 months basically nothing serious to fight.

then again, Lays is still one of the better guilds that still exists in the game. player on this level can beat random pugs with any comp. even without some groups having firebrands and scrappers, if necessary..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1