Mesmer patch notes 29/03

Levetty.1279

1 hour ago, phokus.8934 said:

It does not require you to face the target.  If you tested it you'd know that the blades shoot out of your back.

There's nothing to fix with the skill.  What you want is to revamp it to perform a condition cleanse regardless if the blade hits a target.

kitten, Imagine wanting the heal skill to be a heal skill of a stupid single target attack that does only enough damage to break stealth.

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

It is a dumb narrative, but in a forum where there are posts about 'does Anet hate Mesmer's' and similar nonsense, you see this type of comment coming up all the time.

They will still state them. Based on apprantly 2 sources who have said Devs agree with the balance discords dislike for the proffession. 

As far as I know there's no proof, primarily because if anyone provided screenshots it'd result in being banned and stripped of Anet partner. 

But yeah these patch's so far have been pretty positive for us tbh 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

What a pleasant surprise.  Does this change the narrative that Anet never buffs Mesmer?  2 patches in a row with buffs in multiple game modes.  We don't know if this is gonna fix it enough, but they are doing something positive.

I thought we would see a nerf to bleeding and that would be it.

The narrative came from the best mesmers in the game who talk to devs on the balance discord. 

This patch doesn't change anything, all Virt problems are still present and its still garbage. 

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735
  • Haha 2

I mean when people in forums are stating the dev's internal conversations in the balance discord being leaked out and not knowing who did it, obviously there is a reason to cover their butts, can you imagine pissing off a whole player base who mains and enjoys Mesmer...then again there isn't a lot of them in competitive play anymore. Aside from the mirage alacrity buff which I honestly don't know why they did it, all the buffs do not fix the internal problems that these classes have, nor did giving alacrity to mirage solve anything.

These are number changes, to the untrained eye it might be good, but for those who actively play competitive mode knows that these changes fixes nothing. 

BTW....Virtuoso is already pretty bad to begin with, it will only go up from what we were given, but if they continued to ignore Virtuoso even with so many outcries and not being played at all in even higher levels in competitive play, it will only prove player's narrative of them saying they hate Mesmers even more.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2

So if you bladesong burst into a reflect you die now just the same. 😁 Maybe you need to moa the target first but moa can be blocked and dodged too.

Rain of swords needed help at least in WVW and the unblockable trait is quite jank still.

The reduction on cooldown for Bladesong Dissonance is not high impact, the limiting factor is you can't use it through aegis or a block/reflect.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Mesmer

Virtuoso's dagger only brings damage to the table, but the numbers weren't very threatening, and they're getting increases across the board. Rounding out the virtuoso changes for this update is a set of cooldown reductions on some of its key defensive skills.

Well, i wasn't expecting big mechanical changes cause i know they're going to do megabalance later, so, numerical changes it is. 

That said. Only buffs? And WvW/PvP centric? Color me intrigued!

• Flying Cutter: Increased power coefficient from 0.285 to 0.35 in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladecall: Increased power coefficient from 0.4 to 0.5 in PvP and WvW.
  • Unstable Bladestorm: Increased large projectile power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5. Increased small projectile power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.43 in PvP and WvW.

Well, reflect still exists, so that's a thing, but reflect also exists for rangers and their damage is top notch on fewer button presses needed. So why not Virtuoso too right? It's a good step in the right direction at least. If Virtuoso is going to be a ranged DPS spec, it needs to do ranged DPS. This is good. Especially because before the patch, you were hitting everyone like a wet noodle with the dagger, this should help feel like you're actually threatening. And with more damage, comes different enemy reactions, so damage=defense in this scenario. 

The numbers are small changes, i see they're being cautious not to overbuff something, but welcome changes.

• Bladesong Dissonance: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladeturn Requiem: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Well, cooldown wasn't necesarily the problem with Bladesongs. Like, ok, you can cast them more often now, but their problem is being blocked by everything, small hitbox and well, everyting we discussed already. But as this is a numerical and not mechanical patch, i guess they want to see the effects of this change first. 

But who knows, with shorter cooldowns and Shattered Concentration, it might actually be a nice DPS/boonstrip hybrid. Will test this out!

I hope it works as 1 hit from blade = 1 boon, not 1 cast = 1 boon, i mean, it says hit. Anyway, i'll see next guild raid.

• Blade Renewal: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Psychic Force: Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.

I mean, both could have been reduced to this in PvE as well, the default cooldowns bothered a lot of people. Especially Psychic Force, but of course, a knockback/stunbreak for a ranged class, that gives you boons after you use it so you can retaliate and punish melee engagements is very important as a defense/utility, i liked this skill before and my only gripe with it was cooldown. This fixes it pretty much perfectly. Blade renewal, yes, a shorter wait for distortion/restock is also great. That skill is ok by default, i wasn't expecting it to change.

• Twin Blade Restoration: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the number of conditions removed from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.

Still needs you to face a target i assume? But i guess that counts as a mechanical change, so more condi clense and shorter cooldowns is appreciated.

Greatsword is another weapon that we took a look at as we were reviewing possible enhancements for virtuoso, and we saw this as a good chance to bring up some of its damage potential.

Well buffing a weapon buffs it for every elite, so i don't hate this at all. 😛

• Mirror Blade: Increased power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.75 in PvP and WvW.
  • Mind Stab: Increased power coefficient from 0.7 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Berserker: Reduced cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Honestly, this is even better for Mirage, not just virtuoso. 

Last up for mesmer, we have a big cooldown reduction to Signet of Humility. This is another change we'll be keeping a close eye on to see if the cooldown is a bit too low or if the effect duration needs to be adjusted, but we do want to see players getting transformed into moas on a more regular basis.

• Signet of Humility: Reduced cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Huh... 💭

Well, if any of my group can find the enemy commander and target them, i'll Moa them! 😄

Honestly, wasn't expecting this, but as a skill, Signet of Humility is a pretty great chaos maker, and Moaing/being Moa'd mid your rotation can mess you up badly. So yes, finally, Signet of Humility is a worthy option to consider when making a WvW build. 180 seconds was too much, 90 is ok, and well, if they want to see moa transformations in WvW/PvP more, they'll get it, as it's now worth taking. Might be great option to take on Virtuoso for roaming since Virtuoso elite is still worthless for that. The passive will also help Virtuoso not die instantly to any control condition maybe. 

All in all, just buffs, and 100% WvW/PvP patch, i'm pleasantly surprised! 

Didn't fix any major issue, but as this was a minor patch, i wasn't really expecting it to.

It seems Anet heard our pleas for making Virtuoso viable in competitive modes, and this is a step in the right direction!

Thank you Anet, good patch!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I'm sorry but lol, I fought a couple Virtuosos after the update, literally evaded once on mirage and reflected their entire burst. I really didn't even need to do much kek.

Yeah they didn't really fix anything, but as this was just a minor numerical update, i wasn't really expecting this to change.

Still, someone without reflects, maybe Virtuosos stand a chance now lol. 😄

I'll test the group utility/dps when my guild goes raiding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Still needs you to face a target i assume? But i guess that counts as a mechanical change, so more condi clense and shorter cooldowns is appreciated.

It was mentioned in this thread, but not in the patch notes, you do not need to face the target anymore.  I tested this earlier with the following notes:

• If you are standing still and facing away from the target, it will spin you to face your target when cast, and shoot out the two blades. 
  • If you are walking away from your target and cast it, you will not turn around, but it will still shoot out two blades.

While this still breaks stealth, it appears to be a positive change as you can cast it and shoot two blades regardless of where you are in relation to your target, assuming the target is within range of the blades.  I didn't test if it breaks stealth if you are outside of range or LoS of the target though.

I also noted that, the F1, F2 and F3 also turn to face your target if you are standing still, but not if you are moving away from your target.  Not sure if it was always like this, but Dagger 1 and 2 do not behave this way, rather Dagger skills appear to only fire if the target is within your front facing 180 degrees.

7 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

It was mentioned in this thread, but not in the patch notes, you do not need to face the target anymore.  I tested this earlier with the following notes:

• If you are standing still and facing away from the target, it will spin you to face your target when cast, and shoot out the two blades. 
  • If you are walking away from your target and cast it, you will not turn around, but it will still shoot out two blades.

While this still breaks stealth, it appears to be a positive change as you can cast it and shoot two blades regardless of where you are in relation to your target, assuming the target is within range of the blades.  I didn't test if it breaks stealth if you are outside of range or LoS of the target though.

I also noted that, the F1, F2 and F3 also turn to face your target if you are standing still, but not if you are moving away from your target.  Not sure if it was always like this, but Dagger 1 and 2 do not behave this way, rather Dagger skills appear to only fire if the target is within your front facing 180 degrees.

Oh, that's a big QoL improvement for this skill! 

But wait, you can cast bladesongs while facing away now too?

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

If you are not moving then yes, it will turn you to face your target while doing the cast animation. On my Sylvari it appears as a little pirouette on one toe. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daddy.8125 said:

Is this good though?? 😂😂

Yes. The build is designed around using your bladesongs often to sustain and the d/p burst with bladesong harmony will do 10k plus damage. Ive had very little problem dealing with reflect because of physic riposte too

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Yes. The build is designed around using your bladesongs often to sustain and the d/p burst with bladesong harmony will do 10k plus damage. Ive had very little problem dealing with reflect because of physic riposte too

I will give it a go 😄

2 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I'm sorry but lol, I fought a couple Virtuosos after the update, literally evaded once on mirage and reflected their entire burst. I really didn't even need to do much kek.

Did we duel outside SMC and stalled on Virt/Virt but killed you when you swapped to Mirage?  I thought it was your name but didn't catch it.

5 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Did we duel outside SMC and stalled on Virt/Virt but killed you when you swapped to Mirage?  I thought it was your name but didn't catch it.

U r running full celestial defender runes its not a uncommon build. My Virtuoso is on rampagers + assassins and it staled mate you. 

Only thing that build can beat is something glass. I went on Mirage to confirm ur build and it pretty much did thats why I mailed you if you were running celestial needless to say I was correct.

Which brings up the topic when is celestial getting a 33% overall statline nerf.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

U r running full celestial defender runes its not a uncommon build. My Virtuoso is on rampagers + assassins and it staled mate you. 

Only thing that build can beat is something glass. I went on Mirage to confirm ur build and it pretty much did thats why I mailed you if you were running celestial needless to say I was correct.

Kind of proves you wrong blowing people up by going Mirage...  but you seem to just want to argue weird things so I'll just leave this here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

as far as i can tell, it'll work if in the 180 front cone of urself, but  ucannot bladesong someone directly behind you, seems to still just go onto Mini CD.

it does seem to travel to target now.. so u can move as u please as it goes off.. so alot harder to really miss.. still very vunerable to reflects tho.

Take that back

u can shatter and heal from any direction. it will cancel if u move while Pressing F1-F4 however... but from after use u can move as please

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Kind of proves you wrong blowing people up by going Mirage...  but you seem to just want to argue weird things so I'll just leave this here.

Lol the buffs on Virtuoso was damage buffs, you went a full sustained build vs a zerker build perhaps you want to fight on equal grounds with the same statline? You are playing full celestial + defender runes vs a full zerk on fireworks rune...perhaps you wanna try going zerk vs zerk u can keep the defender runes.

It doesnt take brains that celestial statline is currently plaguing WvW lol.

But if your win condition is based off of being in celestial stats then that isnt a win condition that is celestial stats being overtuned. 

I welcome to fight u in Arms if you want but if you wanna go full celestial then i can go full celestial on my mirage to even the grounds.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2