Mesmer patch notes 29/03

Levetty.1279

Mesmer

Virtuoso's dagger only brings damage to the table, but the numbers weren't very threatening, and they're getting increases across the board. Rounding out the virtuoso changes for this update is a set of cooldown reductions on some of its key defensive skills.

• Flying Cutter: Increased power coefficient from 0.285 to 0.35 in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladecall: Increased power coefficient from 0.4 to 0.5 in PvP and WvW.
  • Unstable Bladestorm: Increased large projectile power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5. Increased small projectile power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.43 in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladesong Dissonance: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladeturn Requiem: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Blade Renewal: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Psychic Force: Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Twin Blade Restoration: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the number of conditions removed from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.

Greatsword is another weapon that we took a look at as we were reviewing possible enhancements for virtuoso, and we saw this as a good chance to bring up some of its damage potential.

• Mirror Blade: Increased power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.75 in PvP and WvW.
  • Mind Stab: Increased power coefficient from 0.7 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Berserker: Reduced cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Last up for mesmer, we have a big cooldown reduction to Signet of Humility. This is another change we'll be keeping a close eye on to see if the cooldown is a bit too low or if the effect duration needs to be adjusted, but we do want to see players getting transformed into moas on a more regular basis.

• Signet of Humility: Reduced cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Actual buffs, I'm shocked. It won't help but I'm still shocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Virtuoso's dagger only brings damage to the table, so we are giving it more damage.

Yeah, good logic. 

Anyway, I was seriously expecting Mass Invis nerf and nothing else. They at least know what is wrong with Virtuoso even though the solution doesn't seem right. I'll take what I get. 

Edited by Lethion.8745
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Me before patch:

Rain of Swords and Sword of decimation are nice skills. Sadly even on a full dmg build they do way to little dmg to make Mesmer usefull as a dmg dealer in zergs.

Me after patch:

Rain of Swords and Sword of decimation are nice skills. Sadly even on a full dmg build they do way to little dmg to make Mesmer usefull as a dmg dealer in zergs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Bladesong dissonance CD reduced. 

Its kittening trash and the problem isn't the CD, when will they get it needs instant cast and fast projectile?

Yeah it's a shame, but the reason is obvious: the PvP team can change the CD however only the PvE team ("skills team") can change the functionality of the skill.

Similarly, dagger 3 needs some functionality improvements eventually.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well I didn't expect much considering these would likely just be numerical changes, so with that in mind I am pleased. Surprised they didn't touch the numbers on Rain of Swords, Sword of Decimation, and Thousand Cuts, but more changes happened than I expected for what is I'm assuming the smaller and less comprehensive patch before June. Moa change will certainly be fun 😈.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908

1 hour ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Anyway, I was seriously expecting Mass Invis nerf and nothing else. They at least know what is wrong with Virtuoso even though the solution doesn't seem right. I'll take what I get. 

They don't give off the appearance that they what's wrong with it to me. The spec still has no identity. There's absolutely zero in it to compensate for losing distortion on F4. The heal skill still requires a target and you to face the target (an extra condi cleanse does nothing to address that). These are all things, among many more, that absolutely must be fixed in the June balance patch

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Those CD reductions would be nice in PvE too. I don't know why they went to the trouble of splitting it.

This was a competitive balance patch. The whole patch was focused only on PvP and WvW. Other than fixing catalyst, the only PvE balance changes were a few ammo skills on warrior. Though the fact they fixed catalyst and still left virt design alone speaks volumes about their lack of plans to address this spec fully

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, OriOri.8724 said:

The heal skill still requires a target and you to face the target (an extra condi cleanse does nothing to address that). These are all things, among many more, that absolutely must be fixed in the June balance patch

I have tested that the heal skill no longer requires a target to use. The blades can also be fired at target at your back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OriOri.8724 said:

The heal skill still requires a target and you to face the target (an extra condi cleanse does nothing to address that). These are all things, among many more, that absolutely must be fixed in the June balance patch

It does not require you to face the target.  If you tested it you'd know that the blades shoot out of your back.

There's nothing to fix with the skill.  What you want is to revamp it to perform a condition cleanse regardless if the blade hits a target.

What a pleasant surprise.  Does this change the narrative that Anet never buffs Mesmer?  2 patches in a row with buffs in multiple game modes.  We don't know if this is gonna fix it enough, but they are doing something positive.

I thought we would see a nerf to bleeding and that would be it.

8 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

What a pleasant surprise.  Does this change the narrative that Anet never buffs Mesmer?  2 patches in a row with buffs in multiple game modes.  We don't know if this is gonna fix it enough, but they are doing something positive.

I thought we would see a nerf to bleeding and that would be it.

"Does this change the narrative that Anet never buffs Mesmer"

That's a dumb narrative to have, look at the staff Mirage buffs. However ANet have been very sparse with buffs on the whole for a long time, and when they have buffed things it has tended to be more safe and easy styles of play, like staff bunker Mirage.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

2 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

"Does this change the narrative that Anet never buffs Mesmer"

That's a dumb narrative to have, look at the staff Mirage buffs. However ANet have been very sparse with buffs on the whole for a long time, and when they have buffed things it has tended to be more safe and easy styles of play, like staff bunker Mirage.

It is a dumb narrative, but in a forum where there are posts about 'does Anet hate Mesmer's' and similar nonsense, you see this type of comment coming up all the time.