Storm wizard bugged ? [Merged]

ok so we just had a buged storm wizard but we managed to kill him, it took us about 20 mins of messing around and we discoverd that there is one spot he could be hit and only by one person in the party

The spot was only if you are standing on the teleporter  witch we will call six o'clock and you could only hit him at the four o'clock position, personaly i nor anyone else appart from the human could do it, so while im not 100% sure i think elevation/hight has something to do with it because as asura i could not hit him.

Needs more experimentation but hope this infolhelps some of you.

• Haha 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Okay everyone, I have a small update. This is a really slippery bug, and we're continuing to work on it. In the meantime, we think we have a workaround: Try starting from Zone 3 rather than Zone 1 after you begin World 2. 

This should enable you to unblock it and complete the content while we keep working on a fix. Thanks for being patient on this one and for all the information you've been providing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Standing in the hitbox kind of works but is really annoying.
Standing smack in the middle of the platform and using push seems to reflect as expected - it is a lot more annoying in trib mode because of the annoying zappy things that come attack you but it worked in both normal and trib mode 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blitz.3627 said:

Standing in the hitbox kind of works but is really annoying.
Standing smack in the middle of the platform and using push seems to reflect as expected - it is a lot more annoying in trib mode because of the annoying zappy things that come attack you but it worked in both normal and trib mode 

Confirmed standing directly on top of him inside his hitbox works every time. Seemed to work best by timing the skill use after he rises up and just as he starts his spin to shoot the beams. Was able to solo him down on normal mode fairly easily this way. The 2nd phase seems normal.

• Confused 1

Oh my god, are you absolutely serious? I just wasted hours in Tribulations Mode to get to the end and the boss is bugged? What?

Edit: Can confirm Blitz.2637's method works! Absolutely saved my run.

Edited by miles.5961
  • Thanks 1

I find it a bit weird to have something that worked previously .... being bugged suddenly. And then not even a patch note (usually during night in Europe some hotfixes get released and the next day I can read the patch notes) but some info that it might take longer fot it to be fixed.

Just wondering that inroduced this bug. Some hidden changes in that zone/boss? Or dit the thing with the food buffs not being disabled anymore affect that boss encounter?

I hope it gets fixed soon. Standing in the hitbox works for now - tried this. Needed a bit (not that much) training to ge the best timing). And I'm basically only doing my dailies + one full run in normal mode. (All others stuff only doing once for achievements.) Since I have the tributlation skin sets finished.

It might be annoying for people having a hard time with tribulation mode (especially if they are new) . .. that lose time because of this ... if they do not check forums to read about the workaround.

Maybe the festival this year should be extended by 1 week?

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

SUPER ADVENTURE BOX: PLEASE PLEASE FIX STORM WIZARD!

CANNOT FIGHT HIM DUE TO HIM CONSTANTLY MISSING ATTACKS, AND ALSO IN INFANTILE MODE THE CLOUDS ARE IN THE WAY SO YOU CANNOT HIT HIM AND HE DOESNT MOVE. HITBOX METHOD DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE FIX THIS. THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

Edited by tpjr.6439
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Okay everyone, I have a small update. This is a really slippery bug, and we're continuing to work on it. In the meantime, we think we have a workaround: Try starting from Zone 3 rather than Zone 1 after you begin World 2. 

This should enable you to unblock it and complete the content while we keep working on a fix. Thanks for being patient on this one and for all the information you've been providing!

Thanks a lot for the news and the merry-go-round workaround ! 😘
Edit : I wish I've read this five minutes ago... 😅

Edited by MornJack.3579

EDIT: Just saw the above lol... oh well, thanks! Glad its in the works!

To try and be a bit more constructive (I know Devs saw this already and looking at it). .just go this bug but for me it seemed to miss "most of the time" (timing?), but after I did a reflect that DID hit (3rd time i believe I hit him), his shield cam back immediately instead of staying down where he scurries around and you can hit him.

After this it's miss 100% of the time no matter timing -- seems to be a bugout in his transition phase when being hit and suppsoed to drop shield and be open to attack (but didnt and got stuck)

Edited by ceetz.9260

The hitbox thing does not work for me, unless I don't understand where the hitbox actually is. Tried, in front, on the sides and right in the same spot. Always considered as missed. We had to quit this after spending a large amount of time, meaning we won't get the daily and no rewards. Hopefully the bugfix will come with a free daily at least...

EDIT: Oh well it's a weekly as well...

Edited by Colin.4568

What they mean is leave to hub, enter the W2 house, and choose "Zone 3" directly. Do not continue playing Zone 3 after going in there from finishing Zone 2.

If you're already in the mess and not able to finish him, apparently the following is true to really hit and not miss him:

- Stand inside his hitbox

- Change your characters height by getting onto the teleport pad

- Apparently every ~15ish hit _does_ work, so keep at it (endurance!)

Didn't test any of this yet but only heard the rumors.