I feel excluded from EoD because Soo Won meta event is too hard

Just now, The Boz.2038 said:

So it's only wrong if both are true:
a) YOU don't like it
b) it wasn't advertized on release
Right?

No, everyone, including you, has a right to complain about stuff they don't like in the game.  Because they're consumers and they should let the company know what they feel about changes to the game, or even how the game was originally.  I'm not sure why anyone would be against this.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

So why is it relevant if "the game has changed"?

Now you're just playing games, so I'll simplify it even further.

People have the right to complain, whether something has changed or not. I simply feel that when something is the same for a long time and it changes, it's going to end up getting more complaints from people who liked it better before the change.  Seems likely anyway.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Remember, chaps!
Disagree? Is a troll.
Calls me out? Playing games.
This is how you win forum arguments!

Or something.
Idunno.
Bottom line.
The "DPS check" is below 6k per player in a 50-man group. The map provides you a lot of boons to up your damage by a fair amount.

Do we need dps check thought ?

We can force the boss to deal more damage and kill the zerg instead .

From dps checks we can move to survival checks (constant pressure - CM anka style)

Or quirk-mechanics checks (bulletime in Atherblade)

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Luci.7018 said:

Do we need dps check thought ?

We can force the boss to deal more damage and kill the zerg instead .

From dps checks we can move to survival checks

Ha, that would be fun. Right now people complain in general direction. Havent seen name calling for low dps. In that case players would be called out personally for getting killed or failing mechanic. Soon we would have topics we need a longer black list from coms. 

I mean if they would implement real mechanics checks. Not I can fail 10 times and still succeed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

You're just proposing other forms of DPS checks.
"Kill boss before X happens that makes it so you can't kill boss no more".

I am proposing more attacks/more death/more carnage .

People didn't have a problem with the mechanics of So won , but needed more time (fail at 20% of the HP - because the time runned out ) .

Rather than kill the boss in 10 min otherwise it will fail .... it will tranform into "welcome meat , prepare to die"

It's up the population to choose Anka -Strike , or Bulletime -Atherblade  and increase it 10x times over the years.

Af far i know raiders love the Anka one . Let's see for how long they will last and they won't demand a reduced to kittenous spam or boss HP .

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

TexZero getting 47/50 is nothing special. Just got my 77th win tonight out of 82 (same thing - most of the losses were pre-nerfed). And my personal win wouldn't even come anywhere close to the top 100 wins. It just takes over an hour to get the necessary stacks and finish the meta.

Just want to state that i'm not claiming it was unique or special. Just that people who are at this point complaining about how hard this is are being a bit disingenious. The meta is time consuming but far from hard. It's on par with Dragon's Stand/Dragonfall as far as difficulty.

16 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Sure you have.. i've done 6 and 5 were a mess.. 2 hours plus each time wasted.. Nope not gonna bother.

Kinda on topic.. But what bothers me about these so called 38k dps builds is they stand there hitting this Golem that doesn't move doesn't attack back or throw AoEs everywhere and claim their builds overpowered.... Every single Youtube build... Then in actual real life nothing just stands there and willingly lets you wail on it..

I never stated any one build so i'm not sure why you think that's important to bring up. I merely said there's enough damage flying around that it's not a dps check especially post nerf. You can almost always skip one section of the fight due to this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

DE is, and was, one of the worst idea's Anet has had, the "ten year event" celebration that the majority hate and have already either left or will never, ever set foot on Cantha again. 

Another person using the word majority to describe the same few people who post to complain about it on every single threads regarding DE. On what basis do you have for that claim? I've always seen full maps of players at every single DE meta I'd attended. But it'll be a stretch for me to claim that the majority loves it since I have no data to prove that.

A few dedicated complainers on forum about DE =/= majority of players.

Same as a few dedicated players who provide counter-argument =/= majority of players.

We are all just the vocal minority arguing from different sides.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

40 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Just want to state that i'm not claiming it was unique or special. Just that people who are at this point complaining about how hard this is are being a bit disingenious. The meta is time consuming but far from hard. It's on par with Dragon's Stand/Dragonfall as far as difficulty.

No, I wasn't implying that you were claiming it as so. Was just responding to that comment to show that what either of us have done are nothing special. One of the many groups I do the runs with has about 75 squad wins. And there are a lot of regulars on that squad who do practically every run with it, meaning that many have over 70+ wins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You mean Marionette, right?

Neither specifically. That was a what if it had been instanced with a public/private option like Dragonstorm/Marionette, not what if it had been at the difficulty of Dragonstorm. If it was as is, but instanced, it would turned out just like the Marionette, but worse. ArenaNet would have had to actually respond, or maybe not considering they never changed the Marionette to allow platforming jumping so you don't have to watch 1 group fail it each time.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

No, I wasn't implying that you were claiming it as so. Was just responding to that comment to show that what either of us have done are nothing special. One of the many groups I do the runs with has about 75 squad wins. And there are a lot of regulars on that squad who do practically every run with it, meaning that many have over 70+ wins

You do realize what this means? It means that most of the wins are being done by pretty much the same, small number of players. How many of those succesful squads are? 10? 20? maybe 30? That's still maybe a thousand of players at best. That's where the huge majority of wins come from. Meanwhile the rest of the PvE player population either gave up on that event, or continue to fail (maybe racking a lucky win every now and then).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

48 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You do realize what this means? It means that most of the wins are being done by pretty much the same, small number of players. How many of those succesful squads are? 10? 20? maybe 30? That's still maybe a thousand of players at best. That's where the huge majority of wins come from. Meanwhile the rest of the PvE player population either gave up on that event, or continue to fail (maybe racking a lucky win every now and then).

If this is true isnt it the same with for example Triple Trouble or bounties in PoF? There are some dedicated groups that do them, but the majority of players did it a couple of times and then stopped doing it. nothing wrong with that

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

If this is true isnt it the same with for example Triple Trouble or bounties in PoF? There are some dedicated groups that do them, but the majority of players did it a couple of times and then stopped doing it. nothing wrong with that

Yes, it is exactly likeTriple Trouble.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, it is exactly likeTriple Trouble.

With the exception that it occupies, and is the only point to, an entire zone. As opposed to TT, which is just a world boss event that happens in Bloodtide Coast.

Or the fact that it was concieved by ANet as the ultimate ending meta for the ten year long elder dragon story, as opposed to TT which was released as part of a LW1 chapter we haven't even been able to play for the last eight years.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

With the exception that it occupies, and is the only point to, an entire zone. As opposed to TT, which is just a world boss event that happens in Bloodtide Coast.

Or the fact that it was concieved by ANet as the ultimate ending meta for the ten year long elder dragon story, as opposed to TT which was released as part of a LW1 chapter we haven't even been able to play for the last eight years.

Yes>that point (and comparison to TT) has been brought up in this and other similar threads several times already. Some people however do not seem to see a difference between having a completely niche sideevent being pretty much ignored by the PvE community, and having the same happen to a whole map metaevent that finishes the newest expansion and was intended by Anet to be a great culmination to the 10 years of storyline.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

33 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes>that point (and comparison to TT) has been brought up in this and other similar threads several times already. Some people however do not seem to see a difference between having a completely niche sideevent being pretty much ignored by the PvE community, and having the same happen to a whole map metaevent that finishes the newest expansion and was intended by Anet to be a great culmination to the 10 years of storyline.

If this is true. I do the DE meta almost every evening and so far I don’t see it being ignored by the PvE community. Most evenings  there are several squads in LFG. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8

On 5/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Imagine that - a situation where a certain group of players in OW are so negatively set against other players that they immediately flame someone just for putting an LFG for that map up. A situation that goes against some very core values Anet wanted for open world. A situation that Anet themselves have caused by this map design.

Riiiight, I've exclusively joined DE meta squads through lfg and in no other way many times, having a high success rate, especially when compared to what I read in this thread from some people and I haven't seen a situation like that once. But sure, that's "the situation anet caused by this map design", what a heavily disconnected from reality attempt at generalization, based on a singular event (at best).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

If this is true. I do the DE meta almost every evening and so far I don’t see it being ignored by the PvE community. Most evenings  there are several squads in LFG. 

Evenings, yes. Notice, that not all of those LFGs succeed, and that it's the evening (the best hours). On some hours there's no LFG at all. So, again, how many such succesful squads per day there are? 10? 20?

Also, notice that comment from @Silent.6137i already commented on? 75 squad wins, with most of the squad consisting of regulars? A lot of those ~20 succesful daily "squad slots" in the last 2-3 months (75 succesful runs, so at least 75 days of doing it) are like this.

It means most of the succesful runs are being done by maybe 1000 players. How big the GW2 PvE active playerbase is? This game at the moment not yet seem to have some serious overall population issues, so i'd say that number should be over 100 000 at the very least.

So, we're talking about the event which probably less than 1% of the active PvE playerbase is succesfully running. I would not call that popular at all. It might actually even be lower than the population of raids (which, remember were dropped due to not being popular enough).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Evenings, yes. Notice, that not all of those LFGs succeed, and that it's the evening (the best hours). On some hours there's no LFG at all. So, again, how many such succesful squads per day there are? 10? 20?

Also, notice that comment from @Silent.6137i already commented on? 75 squad wins, with most of the squad consisting of regulars? A lot of those ~20 succesful daily "squad slots" in the last 2-3 months (75 succesful runs, so at least 75 days of doing it) are like this.

It means most of the succesful runs are being done by maybe 1000 players. How big the GW2 PvE active playerbase is? This game at the moment not yet seem to have some serious overall population issues, so i'd say that number should be over 100 000 at the very least.

So, we're talking about the event which probably less than 1% of the active PvE playerbase is succesfully running. I would not call that popular at all. It might actually even be lower than the population of raids (which, remember were dropped due to not being popular enough).

That's just 1 of the many many LFG squads that I join. I might have done maybe 10 runs with them. Most of the other squads, I've  never done any runs with them before. But you just come up with made-up numbers and then use words like most, majority, etc. as if they are facts without anything to support your claims.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7