PSA go playing sab atleast once each year.

Linken.6345

A guildie of mine ran into something I did not know about.

She did not enter sab last year since she dident have the time to do it.

This year she lost all her upgrades she worked hard for the years before.

Since she dident delete any character she asked support and apparently if you dont play each year you lose it all and have to redo it.

This seem kinda odd and neither me or others  in my circle who played since headstart have heard anything about it before, I checked the wiki but could not find a note about it there either.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 5

• Linken.6345 changed the title to PSA go playing sab atleast once each year.
3 hours ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Upgrades are character wide, are you sure your friend isn't visiting SAB with a different character?

They have checked every character and support told her it vanishes if you dont do sab once each time its up.

I even asked if she deleted said character but she claim to not delete characters at all.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

That's very odd. For 2 years (2014 and 2015) no one could play SAB because it wasn't available, and supposedly Anet had to rebuild a lot of stuff to make it work again in order to bring it back, because of changes that had been made to the game in that time. But no one lost any upgrades in that time.

Even if it's new for this year I'm surprised it hasn't affected more people, considering the number of people who have recently returned after years away.

Edit: I've just checked on my 2nd account which definitely didn't play SAB last year and the upgrades I've unlocked are still there.

Did your friend go all the way into one of the levels on each character, or just into the hub? All your skills are locked in the hub so the only upgrade you'll see there is hearts, you have to go into one of the levels to see what items you've got.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That's very odd. For 2 years (2014 and 2015) no one could play SAB because it wasn't available, and supposedly Anet had to rebuild a lot of stuff to make it work again in order to bring it back, because of changes that had been made to the game in that time. But no one lost any upgrades in that time.

Even if it's new for this year I'm surprised it hasn't affected more people, considering the number of people who have recently returned after years away.

Edit: I've just checked on my 2nd account which definitely didn't play SAB last year and the upgrades I've unlocked are still there.

Did your friend go all the way into one of the levels on each character, or just into the hub? All your skills are locked in the hub so the only upgrade you'll see there is hearts, you have to go into one of the levels to see what items you've got.

I did not think to ask this will do tomorrow.

I have played from 2012 until end of 2013. Then back in June 2019. So SAB two times in 2013 I think. Not played it again until 2020 and still had all my upgrades. If it wasn't available in 2014 and 2015 then I have missed 2016,17,18,19 - 4 times.

Unless it also checks whether you have logged in to the game at all (and only if logged in - but never played SAB when the event was up) the info given by the support was wrong. Also might be that they added this "feature" in the recent years where I always played.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, Linken.6345 said:

A guildie of mine ran into something I did not know about.

She did not enter sab last year since she dident have the time to do it.

This year she lost all her upgrades she worked hard for the years before.

Since she dident delete any character she asked support and apparently if you dont play each year you lose it all and have to redo it.

This seem kinda odd and neither me or others  in my circle who played since headstart have heard anything about it before, I checked the wiki but could not find a note about it there either.

Maybe a bug with that account.  I haven't played SAB since 2014, just checked the 2 toons that I had all the unlocks on, all the items are still there.  I would have them submit a ticket after rechecking all their toons again, make sure they enter a world as the HUB doesn't count, the weapons don't show there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Maybe a bug with that account.  I haven't played SAB since 2014, just checked the 2 toons that I had all the unlocks on, all the items are still there.  I would have them submit a ticket after rechecking all their toons again, make sure they enter a world as the HUB doesn't count, the weapons don't show there.

Yea I got back to them and apparently they are still arguing with support and have checked inside a world zone on all characters.

All I can think of is the character was deleted but they are adamant of never having deleted a character ever.

I have the same issue 

I assumed it was related to when they changed seasonal achievements to be reoccurring rather than being a brand new set copied each year like it was for the first few years.

I have definitely cleared both world 1 and 2 in the past, i have achievements to prove it but all of my items and upgrades were gone, i noticed it last year but was busy at the time and didn't play it at all and didn't really care much.

But yeah, something caused all my progress in SAB to be reset, never deleted my character, i kinda just assumed it happened to everyone 

Edited by Kayberz.5346

On 4/9/2022 at 1:03 AM, Linken.6345 said:

They have checked every character and support told her it vanishes if you dont do sab once each time its up.

I'm 100% positive that game support told her no such thing as that would be simply idiotic.

She must have deleted the character that had unlocked SAB upgrades before, if she can't find them on any of her existing characters. That, or she didn't enter a world to check on her characters' skills and assumed that the blank skill slots one sees in the lobby were an indicator that the skills were gone (which they are not, they're simply unavailable in the SAB lobby).

Edit: Okay, you found that out yourselves. 😉 (see below)

On 4/11/2022 at 2:49 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Yea I got back to them and apparently they are still arguing with support and have checked inside a world zone on all characters.

All I can think of is the character was deleted but they are adamant of never having deleted a character ever.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/11/2022 at 2:49 AM, Linken.6345 said:

If they have an account with GW2Efficiency, they can check all their character upgrades there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1