I am done - logging out; Revenant is too weak

Fivedawgs.4267

Idk what to do. Losing most 1 vs 1. Idk what this class is, 

Not good enough to be a thief

Not good enough to be better than a warrior; Tf since when do warrior have more mobility than us??

Getting outclass by rangers, mesmer, etc..

Impossible to win against DH and Necros.

Can't find a spot in high level fractals. Why is CondiRen the only viable option??? I didnt have problem with my herald; now no-one wants my vindi nor herald.

I am done. I tried.

Edited by Fivedawgs.4267
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

I can explain very simpily tbh.

Vindicator, Doesnt match up to other Power Options realistically, it just does Less DPS, however it isnt the lowest at all, In all honesty i think the largest downfall for it is simply The fact it requires u to waste ur dodge for a DPS Increase, which leads to the fact ur forced to play without any dodge avaliable as a Defensive Option.

Herald Just Does unacceptably low DPS also to stack it took quite a nerf when everything got pushed down to 5 man. with no compensation for some of the speccs which took this pretty hard.

Condi Renegade. heres the fact, People want boons Not DPS, COndi Renegade brings Alacrity. which will always be More valid then a Pure DPS Option. ontop of that. PvE Group content just favors Condi in most situations realistically, its Just the way you wanna be currently.

Condi ren is a 40k DPSer. it has Alacrity. it has More Ranged capability which increases Uptime and Alot of higher fractals Do actually favor Condi builds, Vindicator is a 37k Power DPS. it Does Lower DPS + Requires more co-ordination to realistically get full potiental out of like all Power set ups Do and Herald is a 33k DPS with a few 5 man boons which multiple optinos can do better.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

On 4/11/2022 at 2:30 PM, Fivedawgs.4267 said:

Not good enough to be better than a warrior; Tf since when do warrior have more mobility than us??

Can't find a spot in high level fractals. Why is CondiRen the only viable option??? I didnt have problem with my herald; now no-one wants my vindi nor herald.

I am done. I tried.

Sounds like a skill issue honestly.  Rev is really strong if done right.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Ye, after year being bullied by DEs, other thief specs and better duelist classes I might consider trying out something else too on wvw xD
Being +1 is cool but ya know what about classes that can both 1v1 and +1 succesfully? Yeah, I kinda want that too.

Edited by KIRA.4270
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Fivedawgs.4267 said:

Mind explaining the skill issue? Are you saying a plat vindi rev can win against a plat necro or dh?

Depends if the players are good or not. Not sure how you don't get what people are saying here. Explain the skill issue? It's pretty obvious ... if you don't have PVP skills, you aren't good. Class is not as important in that as you think unless you are facing off against players your own skill level of higher. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Depends if the players are good or not. Not sure how you don't get what people are saying here. Explain the skill issue? It's pretty obvious ... if you don't have PVP skills, you aren't good. Class is not as important in that as you think unless you are facing off against players your own skill level of higher. 

I can't tell if you are trolling or not. But by that statement, he is implying that I am the one with the "skill issue,"; or are your critical thinking skills non-existent? I would caution anyone from using those words because it's highly offensive. Unless the poster above has seen me play or versus against me, he has no right to question my skills.

Fyi, I don't know who you are; or where you are from. But I have been playing rev since it came out. I have won multiple duels against e-sport player - So, i'd recommend keeping your asinine statement to yourself. I have been playing this game for 8+ years. That's 8 years of PVP, how dare you insult my skills?

Spoiler

Are you kittening crazy?

Can you point any inconsistency in my post? If not, you don't have to post.

Class is very important in PVP. A good thief will carry harder than a rev (decap and +1). A great warrior can hold a point forever (great sustain and dps), and with their new added mobility, they travel back and forth between mid and home - basically doing my job better.

A plat + rev can't win a 1 vs 1 against a Necro in this current meta. It's impossible; you might get lucky with a DH, but the odds are still stacked against you.  Would you be dumb enough to walk on a point that has been stacked with traps?? This game is still about getting points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

For the people who are confused, essentially you have to have a certain skill level for revenant to be good. They call this a "skill floor". Thus if you are not performing well with revenant, you have not reached this "skill floor".  Now this is for pvp.

For high end pve, the community is more of an issue than balance. Just do the kitten raid and be kind to each other

For low end pve, who cares. Just do the kitten story/meta and have fun.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

9 hours ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

For the people who are confused, essentially you have to have a certain skill level for revenant to be good. They call this a "skill floor". Thus if you are not performing well with revenant, you have not reached this "skill floor".  Now this is for pvp.

For high end pve, the community is more of an issue than balance. Just do the kitten raid and be kind to each other

For low end pve, who cares. Just do the kitten story/meta and have fun.

Ah all those confused reactions from people who disagree, but it's only because they don't understand 😛

• Confused 4

On 4/11/2022 at 10:30 PM, Fivedawgs.4267 said:

I am done. I tried.

if you play WvW just give Celestialrenegade a shot! its pretty bonkers!

They over gutted gs5 in competitive, but sigil of stamina does make it a pretty monstrous class for snowballing. In pve if you want to be a top tier dps you really need banners spotter and assassins presence from another rev to push 40k. That’s pretty hard to do, which is too bad because heal/alac/boon extension vindicator is actually really really strong and would be an ideal source of ap for a 2nd power vindicator.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1