Group Quickness for Warrior confirmed. [Merged]

DanAlcedo.3281

On 4/17/2022 at 12:02 AM, Hotride.2187 said:

Would've preferred if war got stab honestly... but I guess quickness works too.

Kinda makes me wonder what the point is of quickness and alac, considering that you are expected to have them at all times in pve and half the professions can now give one or the other... But what do I care about pve.

It may come along with the rework. Giving QFB competition means the game need an other Quick provider with nice Stab.

It also is heavily dependent on how the banners now work as far as how useful it will be. If it's back mounted but can only have 1 out at any time, the extra effects & recharge then dictate how useful it is. If you require the Double-Standards (or equivalent) trait for it to pulse quickness then it depends if they've reworked anything in the Discipline traitline or moved it around. Etc etc etc

It'd only be redundant in groups that either know their positioning or have enough coverage already. It'd be kind of nice not having to agonize if they team isn't stacking perfectly in Fractals/WvW, and depending on the amount of Quickness it might mean perma-quick Warriors in PvP which would be interesting.

TL;dr 100% depends on Banner & overall Warrior rework (if any)

•  

Hmm, honestly not sure how I feel about it. Especially that it will be a banner effect... It would be kinda silly to have "core" and all elite warrior specs give quick as well...
I thought we were suppose to be getting something that gives us a PLAYSTYLE that is not bannerslave...no?

I would rather them have added it to a utility like "Flow Stabilizer" that gives fury and quickness to the group. Then bladesworn could be good at supplying might (phalanx strength), fury, and quickness and still give banners to 5 friends if they'd like. Nerfing banners to 5-man would feel more balanced then, and  give bladesworn a niche in group pve content.

Removing special effects of warrior banners would likely kill warrior. But if quickness banners are a decided thing  then I hope you can choose 10-man normal stats (double standards) and they rework the bladesworn traitline that returns that to 5-man (keeping double self bonus from double standards) while adding quickness. They could tweak the bladesworn's Swift as the Wind trait or something to limit banner effects to 5-man and supply quick? Maybe give a real reason to play Bladesworn (boon support) over berserker... 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what drops this summer...

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, firedragon.8953 said:

Hmm, honestly not sure how I feel about it. Especially that it will be a banner effect... It would be kinda silly to have "core" and all elite warrior specs give quick as well...
I thought we were suppose to be getting something that gives us a PLAYSTYLE that is not bannerslave...no?

I would rather them have added it to a utility like "Flow Stabilizer" that gives fury and quickness to the group. Then bladesworn could be good at supplying might (phalanx strength), fury, and quickness and still give banners to 5 friends if they'd like. Nerfing banners to 5-man would feel more balanced then, and  give bladesworn a niche in group pve content.

Removing special effects of warrior banners would likely kill warrior. But if quickness banners are a decided thing  then I hope you can choose 10-man normal stats (double standards) and they rework the bladesworn traitline that returns that to 5-man (keeping double self bonus from double standards) while adding quickness. They could tweak the bladesworn's Swift as the Wind trait or something to limit banner effects to 5-man and supply quick? Maybe give a real reason to play Bladesworn (boon support) over berserker... 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what drops this summer...

If I have to play BSw in PvE because it's the new bs meta, you will never see me in pve on a Warrior again. 

But they will put Banner Trait in Tactics, change the effect to give quickness to 5 targets (other effects removed) and buff phalanx. 

Now you have a choice between giving out boons or having any meaningful dps. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

warrior is a popular class.

Stats - Player Statistics - gw2efficiency

warrior is still #4 most played class atm, however this website doesn't give details like how's the actual graph look like. 

all I can say as a player that plays on both na and eu server pretty much all game modes, warriors are used by spesific occasions, like banner support of a guild's raid, keyfarming and map metas (still my fav class for map metas, axes bursts and done) I rarely see them on any pug fractals (along with rangers), though recently I see some bladesworns doing decent job in unranked pvp, that depens for how long anet will let bladeworns to stay close to being decent. ranked pvp, pretty much like fractals. once in a blue moon.

48 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Stats - Player Statistics - gw2efficiency

warrior is still #4 most played class atm, however this website doesn't give details like how's the actual graph look like. 

all I can say as a player that plays on both na and eu server pretty much all game modes, warriors are used by spesific occasions, like banner support of a guild's raid, keyfarming and map metas (still my fav class for map metas, axes bursts and done) I rarely see them on any pug fractals (along with rangers), though recently I see some bladesworns doing decent job in unranked pvp, that depens for how long anet will let bladeworns to stay close to being decent. ranked pvp, pretty much like fractals. once in a blue moon.

This is ALL TIME play time statistics, all the way back to launch across all 9 years of this game's life. 

Current statistics are very different. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

This is ALL TIME play time statistics, all the way back to launch across all 9 years of this game's life. 

thanks for sending this over, revenant and engis ranks were surprising, warrior is worse than I expected lol

• Haha 1

"Any idea what happened to the class? (I've never played it)"

Lol that was funny.

Am not surprised at all though, fractals, wvw and spvp you barely see wars.

Kinda weird for rev, but I guess the spvp population is that low? And maybe wvw fight tags are more and more rare (hard to judge, my world barely has/had any, even after teapot made it a bandwagon world)?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

"Any idea what happened to the class? (I've never played it)"

Lol that was funny.

Am not surprised at all though, fractals, wvw and spvp you barely see wars.

Kinda weird for rev, but I guess the spvp population is that low? And maybe wvw fight tags are more and more rare (hard to judge, my world barely has/had any, even after teapot made it a bandwagon world)?

Frankly, the amount of zerg revs isn't that high either. 

Like, most prefer the Scourge easy mode (and I'm so surprised to see people suck so hard at the easy mode Scourge is) or some type of ranger and open world build whatever. 

For one, I enjoy Rev for roaming. It's toolkit is much more complete and no matter the build it can support a small group somehow with heals (vindi), boons (Herald), alac (Rene) always some stab share even in core, unlike extra bad warr that can only pop some might or cleanse. 

Not to mention, much better cooldowns and accurate mobility. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

For one, I enjoy Rev for roaming.

After the torment nerfs I mainly see cele renes roaming tbh. Those do support a bit yeah. Power herald cant run... It can nuke but alone its easily ganked. On duel spot I barely see revs these days, though its often empty so that is not saying much.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

After the torment nerfs I mainly see cele renes roaming tbh. Those do support a bit yeah. Power herald cant run... It can nuke but alone its easily ganked. On duel spot I barely see revs these days, though its often empty so that is not saying much.

Ah yeah true. You won't see me run condi tho fr. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

At this point that is almost the saving grace for these changes. I shudder at the thought of being forced to play bladesworn (or untamed in ranger's case) to have access to the only relevant boon support build on warrior, well presumably the only relevant.

And if you are worried about it blocking design space for future elite specs, it probably won't. First, Anet seems to have no problem with giving warrior mostly damaged focused elites, so we still might not see anything with a support focus for expac 4 anyway. Second, a predominantly support based elite could have it's own options for quickness, which are better than the core option with banners. (For example core revenant alacrity vs. renegade alacrity.) The clear downside right now is that it pretty much rules out alacrity as an option for warrior elite specs, since the devs seem to want no build to have good access to both.

5 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Buff warrior until it climbs in hours. TBH that right there is your gauge of how well the classes are balanced or not. If they are not well balanced then you see the disparity across playtime like in that post. Clearly this shows that Guardian and Necro need nerfs and that Warrior and shockingly Revenant need buffs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

thanks for sending this over, revenant and engis ranks were surprising, warrior is worse than I expected lol

Just imagine Warrior without Banners for a second. 

What do you see? 

Ohh wait we already have that scenario in game. 

Warriors only use in Wvw Was Bubble. Now that bubble got deleted, nobody is playing Warrior anymore. 

(Except for die hard War Mains and people who can't read patch notes) 

Warrior as a whole gets carried a select few utility skills. There is nothing to find beyond it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 6:43 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Talked about this in the stream. He was very optimistic indeed. But then again he sees BsW as a good healer spec, which most probably means good gameplay, options and mechanics, cause he thinks people disliking the way it plays are not warrior mains and actually cringe lords. 

He also said WoD nerf was fine and that we still have banners... Tells me all I need to know about what he thinks about our class.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

He also said WoD nerf was fine and that we still have banners... Tells me all I need to know about what he thinks about our class.

Does he even do wvw zerg fights? I know he tried commanding some time ago and likely realized its not so simple as it looks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Buff warrior until it climbs in hours. TBH that right there is your gauge of how well the classes are balanced or not. If they are not well balanced then you see the disparity across playtime like in that post. Clearly this shows that Guardian and Necro need nerfs and that Warrior and shockingly Revenant need buffs.

Agree with this, but with a bit of an exception on that very last bit. While I feel there needs to be some adjustments here and there among Rev & its elites, the lack of buffs isn't what puts me off from playing mine only rarely. The energy mechanic along with weapon skill cds, not being able to choose utilities ... the things that make Rev "Revenant" as it were, make the class unfun after a short period - at least speaking for myself. It's not hard or anything, just ... bleh. And perhaps annoying and/or difficult for others. I do see more Revs and its especs in all game modes more than I do all flavors of warrior, however.

Warrior, though, as much fun as I can have playing the various builds, yeah. It needs the buffs and reworks. I don't think Rev really needs the same.

• Like 1

Its actually surprising how many think that shout heal will become viable after warrior got quickness in PvE. I mean, in what universe is heal warrior even remotely close to the next real healer? You have:

- might, requires power and PS to be somewhat decent, cant heal with shouts then

- fury through FGJ, not permanent

- healing with shouts, then again you always want to use FGJ for boons as soon as possible

- healing with your burst every 10 seconds, how is that even reliable? Removing the ICD would be a no go though since berserker could abuse that (or the value will get reduced hard)

- barrier on warhorn 5, not that great to begin with but your only support option for offhand

- swiftness and vigor through warhorn

- you can drop soldiers comfort for more warhorn boons (fury and resistance), at the cost of your already non existent healing

- very good condition management with warhorn and SiO (if thats useful is another story)

- an emergency rezz (if taken)

- CC in offhand sets, meaning: dont play bladesworn (as you shouldnt, calling bladesworn big cc is kind of funny, its not like you want to waste your biggest hit on the breakbar but afterwards or you know... waste it on breakbars where the boss receives little to no damage)

What you dont have:

- reliable healing

- regeneration

- protection

- eesolution

- stability/aegis

- traits to improve your support except tactics

- elite shout/heal banner

What will be added:

- more access to fury and might everywhere, making one of its strength not that good anymore

- defense boons with banners (maybe)

- quickness (your quickness competition is... a bit stronger)

- ?

So... what am I not seeing here? Not to mention its the opposite of fun to play, you just.. press it with no cast time or animation or whatever. Weapons would be axe/warhorn and mace/mace. I tried it myself once in raids (with banners too duh) but its not like I pull any weight except for my maces and stat sticks.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Ya know, looking at that, is not really surprising. Necro's and Guardians have been meta for a very long time. I see them all over spvp just destroying, all over the game modes. The only class in the game I hate fighting on my Ranger is necro. Whereas Warriors? if you do manage to actually find one, they basically fall over. Is very interesting though to see Thief above Rev and Warrior. And also Rev that low. Guess that's still due to even after all this time, it being a class released in HoT not at launch. In a few days, Necro hit 100,000 more hours then Warriors. That's actually kinda hilarious how unbalanced the game is. 

And yet  in the most recent patch? they nerfed Warriors and nerfed one of the games only methods of reducing boon balling. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2