The Skyscale Quest Line Is WAY Too Grindy, And Insulting [Merged]

23 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I won't disagree that EoD is certainly easier with a skyscale, and that the maps are probably designed more for them than any other map (with the exception of Dragonfall maybe?); however, my guildie has not really struggled to achieve things in these maps with a combination springer/griffon. 

EoD doesn't require a skyscale to complete content.

I'm not sure some of those Areas i got to with Skyscale i'd normally agree with you with Griffon/bunny combo, but some rare exceptions even i thought to myself how the hell would i get these without a skyscale.. Some were incredibly high and obscure to reach with sheer rock faces.. As i only just got my skyscale i feel for your friend on his bunny/griffon, they are great 99%.

23 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

False. My daughter doesn't have a sky scale and manages with the mounts you need for POF. It's a bit more difficult granted, But she can't be bothered to get the sky scale, but has done more content than myself in EoD. 

How do you get up the tower at end DE meta without a skyscale?

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I'm not sure some of those Areas i got to with Skyscale i'd normally agree with you with Griffon/bunny combo, but some rare exceptions even i thought to myself how the hell would i get these without a skyscale.. Some were incredibly high and obscure to reach with sheer rock faces.. As i only just got my skyscale i feel for your friend on his bunny/griffin, they are great 99%.

jade bot zip lines look around for them.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

jade bot zip lines look around for them.

Yep, there is a jade bot zip line dead north of the tower, it's hidden in a piece of rubble for some reason, but you can access it. Just watch the horde of other players using it.

Or you can waypoint to Logan's ship and glide over from there.

Zip lines are quite often a lot quicker and easier than Skyscales though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

I take it you've either never done the meta before or did not look at which way people go after the crystal phase?

49 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yep, there is a jade bot zip line dead north of the tower, it's hidden in a piece of rubble for some reason, but you can access it. Just watch the horde of other players using it.

Or you can waypoint to Logan's ship and glide over from there.

Zip lines are quite often a lot quicker and easier than Skyscales though.

The zip lines are not hidden in the rubbles. It's located quite visibly at the side of the platform across from where the crystals are.

Yes, using a skyscale and attempting to climb will probably take 4 or 5 times as long to reach the top. When the meta is not on, the ship's waypoint will be unavailable but you can still get to the top at any time using the zip lines. Although, after the meta has started, the top will have void corruptions until the crystal phase is completed.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The zip line is hidden in the rubble. The anchor point is literally inside a piece of fallen tower.

https://ibb.co/82Z3h6T  - Zip line from bottom platform to mid-platform (across from the crystal platform)
https://ibb.co/KwhJPQH - Zip line from mid-platform to top of tower.

Not sure which zip lines you use to get up there but none of them are hidden by any rubbles.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

https://ibb.co/82Z3h6T  - Zip line from bottom platform to mid-platform (across from the crystal platform)

Not sure which zip lines you use to get up there but none of them are hidden by any rubbles.

I guess he means the direct zip line and yeah, it’s a bit hidden. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Ah, I see. You don't even know about the zip line inside the rubble. OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

There are 4 ziplines to get to the top of the tower. One from Southern Bluff and another from just southwest which involves climbing or jumping,  which you'll not take when doing the meta since they're both away from the event.  I guess they were refering to the line directly south, which very few will take since it involves scaling quite a bit of rubbles to get past the stairs and then over more fallen rubbles.

The lines that practically everyone take to the top is just to the right of the stairs of the bottom platform.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yes, I do but why would you take that one as I mentioned above?

Also, wait...

People are talking about the zip line hidden in the rubble...

You say there's no zip line hidden in the rubble, and provide two screenshots of two different zip lines to prove your point...

And when told that there is yet another zip line you didn't mention, and that that one is hidden in the rubble, you... say that you know about it? But that it's somehow, by some criteria, less relevant? 

Doesn't that seem a bit... disingenuous?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Boz.2038 said:

Because it is the most direct, fast, accessible route, provided that you have a skyscale, skimmer, or springer.

Most accessible after you guys complained about it being hidden? Hmmm... And definitely not more direct or fast when you have to skip obstructions. Please do go try the one I posted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Most accessible after you guys complained about it being hidden? Hmmm... And definitely not more direct or fast when you have to skip obstructions. Please do go try the one I posted.

If you know about it, it is the most easy to get to, most direct, and fastest way to reach the tower.

It is hidden, however. 

Why would you claim it doesn't exist, and then that you know it does, but it doesn't matter?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Also, wait...

People are talking about the zip line hidden in the rubble...

You say there's no zip line hidden in the rubble, and provide two screenshots of two different zip lines to prove your point...

And when told that there is yet another zip line you didn't mention, and that that one is hidden in the rubble, you... say that you know about it? But that it's somehow, by some criteria, less relevant? 

Doesn't that seem a bit... disingenuous?

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yes, less relevant because it's not what most people use. Maybe you guys do but I do the meta daily to farm Summoning stones with various groups and majority will take the zip lines I posted. I guess I did not pay attention to which one Pifil mentioned when he said "the horde", and I assume all "hordes" will take the easier one.

7 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

If you know about it, it is the most easy to get to, most direct, and fastest way to reach the tower.

It is hidden, however. 

Why would you claim it doesn't exist, and then that you know it does, but it doesn't matter?

I did not claim it doesn't exist. I just assume he meant the one I posted was hidden.

Anyways, very minor issue for you to get so worked up about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

I did not claim it doesn't exist.

This you? 

56 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

The zip lines are not hidden in the rubbles. It's located quite visibly

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I thought it was another thread about the season 4 map currenty - and let me say this: People weren't meant to "farm" it.When the scyscale originally got released people that actively played must have played the older maps and slowly gathered up the currency while doing all the achievements and stuff there.

New players that rush for the skyscale without trying to enjoy those maps ... will have a more grindier feeling.

For me personally the first steps were the more annoying ones as well. And the time-gate is not the problem. Actually makes you stop with the grind - good for those people that can't stop by themselves ... getting exhausted. Even split the stuff myself a bit on different days. Could have done it faster but I did it slower.

A good advice is to take it slower - break it up in smaller steps. A few things each day ... and you eventually will complete it.

I like that they made other mounts easier - just having to "buy" a lot of stuff. (Except the strike requirement the turtle has not that many things in the collections. And the earlier steps are just bought.)

Skyscale is convenient just because it can stay in the air for a long time.. Yes it loses height - and the game system and gameplay with the maps/zones needs this. Otherwise they would have to add even more invisible walls everywhere so people can't break out of the map.

Compared to the griffeon where you basically need to know where you are flying towards (or you might end without a place to take a break ... and maybe regaining height by using a springer) - the skyscale is pretty convenient. It is the "elite mount" in the game.

Still a lot less grindier than grinding the same meta events to farm money for legendaries ... (time gating is the smallest problem there).

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I like the concept of both skyscale and legendaries. Yes, they require a big investment of time and resources, but in the long term, thay save you time and resources. The time investment for a skyscale is minuscule compared to the time it saves you in the long term. Same goes for legendaries, because you don't have to craft new gear every time you wish to try out a new build.

It's basicly the boots theory where everyone can afford them, if they are willing to invest the te and resources 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I tried to read the requirements for the skyscale... and the wiki page was too tedious.  There is no way I am going to do that much grind, no matter what carrot they dangle. Been able to get to anything I need to reach, with the regular mounts. I really do not need it, and do not care about looking cool. 

One thing I always liked about GW2 is that there is so little grinding, and pretty much what little there is - is optional. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2