Convince me that there is better class then necromancer!

BearChow.7284

Hello fellow GW2 community.  I have huge love for necromancer.  Any rpg game i ever played I always choose necromancer. Diablo 2 and 3, eso and many more. I have few boost tokens sitting in my account and I can not seem to decide what class to boost. I played just over 1k hours with my necromancer and hes my only  character that i have.  I mainly play OW content, and i like to kearn pvp. I watched few videos on GW2 classes and I can not decide.  I like melee, but always seem to choose ranged. I like a class that may be able to do both by switching builds and also a class that performs well in pvp. Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Switching from necro to most classes is like getting dunked in cold water.

Switching from most classes to necro is like settling into a hot tub.

I would pick rev for pve(use core Neanderthal build using vengful hammers and impossible odds) and thief for PvP(daredevil is a great sidenoder)

I cannot make aegis work so I have trouble playing guardian

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinity.2876 said:

(daredevil is a great sidenoder)

Daredevil is a "roamer" (a very mobile character focused on progressing the map or quickly +1ing fights), not a "sidenoder" (a resilient duelist who can keep a node capped while fighting 1v1 or 1v2).

Hello, I am a Guardian. 

Everything you can do I can do better, I can do everything better than you. 

Yes I can.

Power DPS? 
Reaper and (LOL) power Harbinger get destroyed by DH and Power Willbender. 

Condi DPS?
Firebrand and Condi Willbender give Condi Reaper, Condi Scourge and Condi Harbinger a slap in the face while coming with endless support and utility baked in (for which they have to give up nothing). 
Support/Quickness?
Support Harbinger while Firebrand still exists...is that even a contest? 
Alacrity?
Necro:...... Guardian:  Do I need to do this? really?  Ugh...Phoenix Protocol it is...

Healing:?
Maybe HealScourge is better as a pure heal for hardcarry, if not Heal FB will be superior because of all the additional goodies it brings. 

CC?

Yeah well... Necro is not shy of CC with fear, golem, float, stun...but neither is Guard with Bane Signet, Heaven's Palm, Dragon's Maw, Greatsword 5...

Mobility?

Great, your Harbinger is a tiny bit faster with its new shroud...unfortunately base Guard has teleports and leaps, DH has even more Leaps, and then Willbender exists which is a crazed coked up speedbunny.

Edited by Wielder Of Magic.3950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

The only 2 leg ups necro has on every other class

Being self sufficient as far as personal outgoing dps is concerned  while having high base hp

Being the main class that deals with boons and eating them for benefit.

Every other profession out does it outside of those 2 scopes. 

It does not win the mobility, top dps. top healer, top boon support, or top utility spots in any way you can argue heal scourge is strong but honestly if you have any decent heal druid or tempest or heal brand you wont have the need for a heal scourge.... and all of those offer even more.... scourge is more so a mistake fixer (battle res expert) but if you prevent going into downsate entirely its worth is heavily deflated.... so its honestly not even the best there. Necro cant even be an usable off meta official tank in pve end game content because it lacks alot of key tools to do that despite having great sustain in competitive modes with its higher base hp. 

But if you dont care about that and you just want to have fun and do damage especially if you do alot of solo play there is no reason to try convince you that necro is not a good class for you.

Edited by ZDragon.3046
  • Like 1

Convincing you that there is better than necromancer?

Look at how ugly and cluncky you get when you enter lich form. Look at the minions design... Aestetically anything is better than those 2 things that the necro own (even undead mobs look 10000 time better). Just comparing necromancer's minions to risen is enough to make you sick of the profession. And then... You see proper skeletons in the mad king event at the end of october every year and you just cry silently in a corner thinking about those things that your character call his minions...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

Hello, I am a Guardian. 

Everything you can do I can do better, I can do everything better than you. 

Yes I can.

Power DPS? 
Reaper and (LOL) power Harbinger get destroyed by DH and Power Willbender. 

Condi DPS?
Firebrand and Condi Willbender give Condi Reaper, Condi Scourge and Condi Harbinger a slap in the face while coming with endless support and utility baked in (for which they have to give up nothing). 
Support/Quickness?
Support Harbinger while Firebrand still exists...is that even a contest? 
Alacrity?
Necro:...... Guardian:  Do I need to do this? really?  Ugh...Phoenix Protocol it is...

Healing:?
Maybe HealScourge is better as a pure heal for hardcarry, if not Heal FB will be superior because of all the additional goodies it brings. 

CC?

Yeah well... Necro is not shy of CC with fear, golem, float, stun...but neither is Guard with Bane Signet, Heaven's Palm, Dragon's Maw, Greatsword 5...

Mobility?

Great, your Harbinger is a tiny bit faster with its new shroud...unfortunately base Guard has teleports and leaps, DH has even more Leaps, and then Willbender exists which is a crazed coked up speedbunny.

Getting those nice boons on your guardian by a necro must be fun though eh?

8 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Convincing you that there is better than necromancer?

Look at how ugly and cluncky you get when you enter lich form. Look at the minions design... Aestetically anything is better than those 2 things that the necro own (even undead mobs look 10000 time better). Just comparing necromancer's minions to risen is enough to make you sick of the profession. And then... You see proper skeletons in the mad king event at the end of october every year and you just cry silently in a corner thinking about those things that your character call his minions...

I would  not know. This is my only proffesion i played.

9 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Well, at least every other class can use utility skills WITHOUT HURTING ITSELF.

What is this? Self-bleeding, torment, weakness and crippling? Revive at cost of 50% health? LOL.

Not exactly the only one, revenant using the resplenishing despair trait torment himself with it's upkeep skills.

I cant play Necro the whole charging up my class mechanic never does it for me. I mean I hated it on Druid to but at least there it is tied to better healing not your main damage.

I prefer more resource management style classes like Thief, Mesmer and Engi.

16 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

If you've played any ther game where a necromancer have minions, there is no way that GW2 necromancer's minion can satisfy your eye.

I don't really care about minions. In wow I play lock and demononly was ok. Preferred affliction. In gw2 I prefer coni over anything.

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

I cant play Necro the whole charging up my class mechanic never does it for me. I mean I hated it on Druid to but at least there it is tied to better healing not your main damage.

I prefer more resource management style classes like Thief, Mesmer and Engi.

Was thinking of thief since I did like 0laying rogue in wow.