Either sell Warclaws or bloody DELETE them.

Vulture.9351

Without a dedicated WvW guild carrying you it's almost impossible to get a warclaw nowadays. You are slow, flimsy (no 2nd healthbar), and easily picked off. Without a warclaw you are a LIABILITY to your team.

If people already have a warclaw, I dunno give them a skin or something so they won't whine about how they had to do it the hard way... ...when it wasn't so hard. (in the same was people complain about forgiving tuition.)

Hell put it in the the gem store for all I care, you like money right? Take my money.

Edited by Vulture.9351
  • Like 5
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 2

• Vulture.9351 changed the title to Either sell Warclaws or bloody DELETE them.

You wanna know the secret?

step 1: Play a hammer herald. Ranged damage and permanent swiftness. Also have a defiant stance.

step 2: follow a blob. EBG is your best bet.

step 3: there is no step 3. Just repeat step 2 until complete.

People who only play WvW do not get 30g/hr… we’re really lucky to see 1g/hr… how do you think we feel when we see griffon and skyscale?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Some questions:

What region are you in?  NA or EU?

What server are you on as a primary server?  (Not sure if you are in a link server or host server)

What time of day do you normally play?  Including time zone.

Often, there are people who will see this on the forums and offer to help.

Oh, both the reward track for Warclaw and most of its pieces (not all of them) can be done in EoTM.  

Agree with OP.  WvW is toxic enough without having to add the Warclaw nonsense to it.  

Don't even want prior compensation for it, as for us 'WvW vets' it was easy anyway so no one should be complaining about new players just buying one.

Make it like 50g and call it a day.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12

14 minutes ago, jpsssss.7530 said:

step 1: Play a hammer herald. Ranged damage and permanent swiftness. Also have a defiant stance.

step 2: follow a blob. EBG is your best bet.

step 3: there is no step 3. Just repeat step 2 until complete.

Oh there is a step 3. It's a multistep. Die, not get credit, wait a few hours until the blob manages to reach the keep again, and cross your fingers.

11 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

What region are you in?  NA or EU?

NA Tarnished Coast

7 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

just pay someone to do it for you

Wow, right on the forums. You guys have certainly gotten bold.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You don't need a "dedicated guild" to get your Warclaw. Find a tag, follow it on a mildy runny (DH, Willbender, Ranger, Ele, etc) that can make up for WC leaps, and you'll get the speedboost from running near a warclaw. Fight and Ktrain with that group and you're set. Join the group's comms if you're left a little behind, tell them you're working on warclaw, most people will even wait for you or come back for you if you're in trouble, especially if you're an asset to the team or their comms (good scout, good stripper, good CC's, etc.). Use boosters intelligently to make reward tracks go faster.

Several people have come into our comms and done this and they get their Warclaw within a week. Some even have a good time and join the guild.

If your problem getting the Warclaw is that you hate WvW and you're just getting it to get it... I can only recommend you don't put yourself through it. You don't need it, there's better PVE mounts in every sense of the word. If you want to get it to play WvW then find a group you enjoy or at least tolerate and get playing. You'll have it before you know it and you might even make some friends.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vulture.9351 said:

Oh there is a step 3. It's a multistep. Die, not get credit, wait a few hours until the blob manages to reach the keep again, and cross your fingers.

Kill a guard at every structure.  As long as you stay on the map, you get credit.  

I am NA, but not TC.  

TC of old would have assisted you.  

51 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Which part is hanging you up?

Same as anyone, the kitten keep. and no I haven't said anything about Skyscales.

44 minutes ago, Strages.2950 said:

You don't need a "dedicated guild" to get your Warclaw. Find a tag, follow it on a mildy runny (DH, Willbender, Ranger, Ele, etc) that can make up for WC leaps, and you'll get the speedboost from running near a warclaw. Fight and Ktrain with that group and you're set. Join the group's comms if you're left a little behind, tell them you're working on warclaw, most people will even wait for you or come back for you if you're in trouble, especially if you're an asset to the team or their comms (good scout, good stripper, good CC's, etc.). Use boosters intelligently to make reward tracks go faster.

Warclaws still outrun a ranger and can/will just ignore guards as it runs in, few people actually give the warclaw speed boost, nobody bloody cares that I need a warclaw, nor will they come back for me if I'm not practically at their feet, and I'm not an asset because I have no warclaw.

Edited by Vulture.9351
  • Haha 2

Wait for Keep to be a daily and tag along with a group doing a keep. Did it three times (for myself back in the day, with my daughter, with my brother). Wasn't a big deal then, can't see it being a big deal now.

Sorry you're having trouble. Sounds like you don't enjoy WvW? Like the poster above said, it isn't needed anywhere else.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Agree with OP.  WvW is toxic enough without having to add the Warclaw nonsense to it.  

Don't even want prior compensation for it, as for us 'WvW vets' it was easy anyway so no one should be complaining about new players just buying one.

Make it like 50g and call it a day.  

How toxic is WvW on your server when you're on? WvW might be one of the most relaxed and accepting game modes I've ever played. If you're basing that on a few kids with attention deficit disorder in team chat then I don't know how you'd survive Raids and Strikes which I gave up on because of actual toxic people and game mode. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Vulture.9351 said:

Without a dedicated WvW guild carrying you it's almost impossible to get a warclaw nowadays.

Or you could simply join your server's Discord/TS and join a public zerg that will also support you.

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

If you're basing that on a few kids with attention deficit disorder in team chat then I don't know how you'd survive Raids and Strikes which I gave up on because of actual toxic people and game mode. 

ADHD doesn't make a person toxic (what an ungrounded, uneducated claim). Not everyone with ADHD is incapable of learning to control impulsive behavior, nor does impulsive behavior equal toxic behavior :classic_rolleyes:, unless the person is a jerk, which is a personality trait.

Back on topic: I agree on WvW being the most relaxing game mode.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

How toxic is WvW on your server when you're on? WvW might be one of the most relaxed and accepting game modes I've ever played. If you're basing that on a few kids with attention deficit disorder in team chat then I don't know how you'd survive Raids and Strikes which I gave up on because of actual toxic people and game mode. 

Don't you main thief? Of course you'd give up on raids and strikes...thief has no place there.

As for WvW, this forum proves your point otherwise.  In fact, this very topic does 😂.  If WvW were relaxed then there should be no counter-argument to buying a Warclaw with gold. 

7 hours ago, Vulture.9351 said:

Same as anyone, the kitten keep. and no I haven't said anything about Skyscales.

Warclaws still outrun a ranger and can/will just ignore guards as it runs in, few people actually give the warclaw speed boost, nobody bloody cares that I need a warclaw, nor will they come back for me if I'm not practically at their feet, and I'm not an asset because I have no warclaw.

So the problem is the keep. If you said from the start that this is the problem, a good amount of people would agree with you. 

I personally agree that the keep is kinda a problem for some people/server but the rest is totally fine. So no reason to bash it. 

Also, why Ranger. Everybody and their mothers should know by now that going into Wvw on a ranger (without proper knowledge) is a bad idea.