Blasting Fire Field?

So the result of Fire Field with Blast Combo Finisher? I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand what you mean by that.
It may sound weird, but those are 3 extra might stacks for our lovely heal firebrands blasting their books with a staff.

58 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

So the result of Fire Field with Blast Combo Finisher? I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand what you mean by that.
It may sound weird, but those are 3 extra might stacks for our lovely heal firebrands blasting their books with a staff.

They want blasting fire fiield to deal fire damage in addition or instead of the might mate.

And OP it is because the developers have sigils for those effects on weapons and then decided that it was to much damage output on combos most likely.

+ it would favor some classes alot more then others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

+ it would favor some classes alot more then others.

Long live the Firebrand | Engineer combo? I love how ppl were asking for more diversity, then we got Strikes CM where you see 2 qFBs, 2 HAMs and some Scourges with Virtuosos for dmg.

Don't get me wrong, I love that composition. I'm very curious about the June balance patch and the impact on that.

• Like 1

Wow. I thought that there is at least logic behind that, but a reason is just ridiculous. 

Might give bonus to Condi dmg also, so it anyway deal more damage.

So I will repeat my question: Why blasting fire doesn't blast fire?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Zerthi.5493 said:

Wow. I thought that there is at least logic behind that, but a reason is just ridiculous. 

Cause fire look cool and we can't have those beserkers looking cool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets remove falling damage from falling damage because "2 muh demege".

That all I have to say about concept of "balance" lead by community bending devs to their will.

@Hotride - o, at least that.

Edited by Zerthi.5493
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Zerthi.5493 said:

Lets remove falling damage from falling damage because "2 muh demege".

That all I have to say about concept of "balance" lead by community bending devs to their will.

@Hotride - o, at least that.

Kind of off topic since that is not at all the case.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zerthi.5493 said:

Because there's a pattern to combo design.

Blast finishers generally apply area buffs/debuffs. Leap finishers apply personal buffs/debuffs. Projectile finishers generally apply conditions to the things they hit. Whirl finishers spray bolts, generally with conditions on them.

I say generally, because there are exceptions in each, like healing in water fields. If you want Blast finishers to apply AoE conditions, though, you've taken Whirl finisher's job in addition to the buff/debuff role.

If you want to apply AoE condi out of a field, use a Whirl finisher. Or projectile finisher with piercing.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Because there's a pattern to combo design.

Blast finishers generally apply area buffs/debuffs. Leap finishers apply personal buffs/debuffs. Projectile finishers generally apply conditions to the things they hit. Whirl finishers spray bolts, generally with conditions on them.

I say generally, because there are exceptions in each, like healing in water fields. If you want Blast finishers to apply AoE conditions, though, you've taken Whirl finishers job in addition to the buff/debuff role.

If you want to apply AoE condi out of a field, use a Whirl finisher. Or projectile finisher with piercing.

because this was an inherently stupid question

another one would be "why doesn't blasting a water field make everyone wet?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

because this was an inherently stupid question

another one would be "why doesn't blasting a water field make everyone wet?"

Well, I get the question if you're just imagining what doing some sort of concussive blast into fire might do. Spreading the flames makes a kind of sense. And even your hypothetical question isn't that far fetched. There are RPGs that set a "wet" status that makes you more susceptible to electric damage.

But this is, ultimately, a game, which has an internal play logic beyond "this makes sense to me IRL".

We seem to be getting a fair amount of these threads recently that want to pick apart the game from some sort of simulationist logic. Like the barefoot thread, where people were seriously discussing whether Tyrians need to wear shoes, disregarding all of the absurd armor throughout the game.

I'm curious why. People have too much time to sit around pondering the game becuase it's not capturing their attention like it once did? Or new players from different backgrounds than in the past?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I mean while I see both sides of the argument, if Anet started changing random little things like this, it would only lead to more people asking things like "why can't I put out a fire field with water/sandstorm?" "Why can't I melt the ice with a lava font" etcetc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Emberfoot.6847 said:

I mean while I see both sides of the argument, if Anet started changing random little things like this, it would only lead to more people asking things like "why can't I put out a fire field with water/sandstorm?" "Why can't I melt the ice with a lava font" etcetc.

how are we not murdering ourselves when deploying gliders?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elemental damage is often typical quirky Anet, weapons do not do direct elemental damage but they cause a death animation based on the type of elemental damage they do??? Or something.

Field based effects are sometime unnoticed and/or underwhelming unless you really dig in to them.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1