Update on the Harvest Temple Strike Mission Challenge Mode

12 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

as long as it's not just another aoe spam fest like Xunlai or Aether

Exactly. Aetherblade had the nice addition of the bomb and green mechanic but once you understood those the main threat will be the million aoes and bullets. Ankka is just pure aoe spam and I would assume Harvest is too, sadly. I really wish future Strikes (and hopefully Raids) get their difficulty from the mechanics rather than aoe spam. I really enjoy puzzle mechanichs.

Edited by Jokuc.3478

13 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We designed Harvest Temple: Challenge Mode to be one of the most difficult and demanding experiences the game has to offer, and this additional time means we can put the content through further testing and polish to help ensure we hit our mark.

Additional time to nerf Scourge, Specter, Mechanist, and Firebrand by lining up the release with the balance patch.

Got it.

• Sad 1

Contrarily to some people above, I am *not* happy to read "one of the most difficult and demanding experiences the game has to offer".

Strikes CMs were supposed to be normal raid level in difficulty. A kinda wing 8 that we'd run every week for fun. Not something you beat once for achievements and never want to touch again (which is the case of most raid cms already btw).

Edited by Eowin Of Rohan.2619
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, ImNotOkay.1059 said:

Whats the point in having another easy CM ? Legit its supposed to be a CHALLENGE mode and not another easy mode. The game already has more than enough easy encounter. If you cant get the title thats good, not everyone is supposed to have every title in the game. Or do you also complain about it being to hard to get "Best of the Best" title from PvP ?

IF you really care about getting the CM title then you will improve as a player if you cannot beat the CM within the first few hours. And if you dont want to improve as a player, then dont complain about content being too hard. Because there are people on the other side of the spectrum who want actual challenging content. ANet already killed raids so at least have the "hardcore" players have some kind of content that is challenging for a bit and not free for everyone who clicks their skills with their mouse.

Call me toxic if you want, but you know im right. A challenge mode should be challenging for a reason, exclusivity is something that this game misses and i would hope that at least this CM brings something close to exclusivity (untill people start to sell the title).

They aren't easy CMs, they are fine CMs. With pugs it's a 50% chance of winning usually.

Edited by Zaraki.5784
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Eowin Of Rohan.2619 said:

Contrarily to some people above, I am *not* happy to read "one of the most difficult and demanding experiences the game has to offer".

Strikes CMs were supposed to be normal raid level in difficulty. A kinda wing 8 that we'd run every week for fun. Not something you beat once for achievements and never want to touch again (which is the case of most raid cms already btw).

I agree - insta-death, insta-down with not only a debuff but a harder to rezz mode. Miss a mechanic - die, step on a over lapping circle - die, look cross-eyed at the boss - die, etc. None of the raids I've been in have had such unforgiving mechanics. At least if you miss a mechanic in raids you have a chance of recovering. But in strike cms like Aether and Kaineng - die die die, for missing the simplest mechanic.  Let's not forget the ever popular - party wipe if a single player misses a certain mechanic.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Brimstar.9036 said:

I can't wait Cameron! I'm loving the hell out of these strike missions, they feel way more in depth compared to raids.

Are you nuts? All the love for detail (environment, story, achievements) that went into Raids cannot compare to Strikes.

I love Strikes, because they take up less time, but I don't think you can compare these two at all.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:19 PM, Eowin Of Rohan.2619 said:

I am not happy to read "one of the most difficult and demanding experiences the game has to offer".

Strikes CMs were supposed to be normal raid level in difficulty. Not something you beat once for achievements and never want to touch again (which is the case of most raid cms already btw).

If we actually got new Raids in the game which were more difficult than the current ones then yes I would agree with you. Since Strikes are supposed to be an introduction to Raids it only makes sense than the CM would be Raid level, not harder.

However, the situation we have now is that ANet has abandoned Raids. So unless they make the Strike CMs difficult, people like me who mainly play the game for the more difficult instanced PvE content will eventually stop playing cause they're not giving us anything to stick around for.

I do think they should improve the rewards for both Raid and Strike CMs so more people do them regularly.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

16 minutes for it kinda explains pretty much everything

Is there some kind of enrage mechanic wiping everyone after 16 minutes in normal mode?

I've had slow encounters there, with two or three players dead on the ground and the rest slowly completing it no problem.

2 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Is there some kind of enrage mechanic wiping everyone after 16 minutes in normal mode?

I've had slow encounters there, with two or three players dead on the ground and the rest slowly completing it no problem.

Some Kaineng CM-ish enrage timer bugged into normal mode, so at 16 minutes everyone gets a fancy AoE underneat themselves and just drop dead.

Some people I played with claimed this only happens if the instance wiped once before.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Some Kaineng CM-ish enrage timer bugged into normal mode, so at 16 minutes everyone gets a fancy AoE underneat themselves and just drop dead.

Some people I played with claimed this only happens if the instance wiped once before.

I think this is accurate. There's also the Golem's laser beam and the Sniper's target beam that keep bugging onto the upper platform (the one with Li) if the instance has failed the encounter before.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Harvest Temple is the single best thing this patch had to offer. Although wiping all the time it's acutally FUN. It like the darkness that looms over you and you do not know whether you will be able to defeat. You try to do your best and although it brings you down again and again it is pure excitement to learn after each wipe what you could do better. I really hope this never ends and will take me a long long time to finish that dragon off, because as soon as I have cleared this encounter there will be some sort of emptiness inside me....

For this CM I have to really thank the devs and give both thumbs up and really really hope that more of this magnitude will follow in the future.

• Like 1

It's nice to see that they provided difficult content that is stumping the pros real hard. Last time I've heard this was happening was when Dhuum CM came out. It's been fun watching SC, Hs, and other guilds trying to clear it when I don't have time to attempt it myself.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2022 at 9:05 AM, Kantharr.2308 said:

It's nice to see that they provided difficult content that is stumping the pros real hard. Last time I've heard this was happening was when Dhuum CM came out. It's been fun watching SC, Hs, and other guilds trying to clear it when I don't have time to attempt it myself.

It'd be nicer if the content gave rewards.

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 12:45 AM, lare.5129 said:

as for me the current HT should be renamed as cm, current cm removed at all, and add normal ht with smile ball mechanic, and without poison.

There's no need to remove the existing CM, but the normal mode should probably be moved into another tier since even it is a step above all other strikes in the game (besides Old Lion's Court). While players still run it, its starting to get the "Sunqua Fractal treatment" where players deliberately avoid it for efficiency.

Either that or they could fix the rewards for longer or more difficult content..

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 1

All game modes have some overlap in their sliding scales of difficulty. 

The hardest open world content is harder than the easiest dungeons.

Higher tier Fractals are harder than most Strikes

Harder Strikes are harder than most raids. 

HT CM is allowed to be super hard without having its own dedicated mode because strikes are allowed to range in difficulty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

All game modes have some overlap in their sliding scales of difficulty. 

The hardest open world content is harder than the easiest dungeons.

Higher tier Fractals are harder than most Strikes

Harder Strikes are harder than most raids. 

HT CM is allowed to be super hard without having its own dedicated mode because strikes are allowed to range in difficulty. 

The problem is the rewards aren't increased. The easiest dungeon gives nearly the same rewards as the hardest, and the same goes for Fractals, strikes and raids. Raids are probably the worst case, really.

Players only do the content for the title, etc. then they move on because it becomes inefficient to farm the content that takes an extremely long time but only gives moderately better rewards than infinitely farmable amounts of easier content that can be done in a steady non-stop stream of effort with no risk of failure.

This is also why open-world PvE farming will always beat instanced content for gold per hour., except Fractals which is about the same GPH but only at the start of each day.

The rewards of Harvest Temple (even normal mode) in particular are complete trash compared to what it takes to beat it. The only use it has being in the game in its current state is to bring one-time prestige to players and then fall back to being another skippable piece of content that only serves for progression.

What I'm asking for is better tiering so we can play the content repeatedly without it being a net loss.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1