Is Anet so Desparate for WvW Players They Don't ban Cheats?

Jitters.9401

Playing against Sea of Sorrows BL.

There is one thief that has thrown multiple reveal traps on me. Most so far was three, but normally 2. Traps cost 15 supply. Max supply is 25. Just a moment ago I was fighting one, he threw a reveal trap. I stayed alive. Was able to stealth again, he threw another. 

I had gotten in a private chat with someone from a particular guild. Only two letters long.. .same letter, (i dont think i can say the guild name though)  after I beat him in a duel and he admitted right out they hack. That is pretty brazen, but if they know nothing will be done then why would they care?

Frustrating. But that is why I do not spend money on micro transactions. If Anet actually starts banning these people I will be more than happy to use real world currency as there are things I would like to have. But while cheats are rampant no. I will avoid the cheats while avoiding any sort of financial support to this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

They are too busy reskinning boats, fishing rods and mounts to ban cheaters because that’s where the revenue is. If anet monetises the suspension of players, then perhaps there would be a reason for anet to actually have dev support to deal with cheaters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

We had a mesmer teleport hacking all over the place last night, while we had someone with the Anet guild tag up standing with us.  The guy would just port into and out of the keep, from 2k out front of it, to standing on the walls, over and over.  Nothing happened.

They literally do not care about cheating.

2 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Traps cost 15 supply.

No. 

Target Painter Trap (the version placed on the ground) costs 5 supply.

Target Painter (the version thrown at players) costs 10 supply.

This means one player with a max of 25 supply can place 1 Target Painter Trap beforehand, and then throw 2 Target Painters.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

No. 

This means one player with a max of 25 supply can place 1 Target Painter Trap beforehand, and then throw 2 Target Painters.

Shush now. 

Of course that player cheated. 

It was a thief.

Dont ruin peoples illusions like that, unless they play mesmer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Playing against Sea of Sorrows BL.

There is one thief that has thrown multiple reveal traps on me. Most so far was three, but normally 2. Traps cost 15 supply. Max supply is 25. Just a moment ago I was fighting one, he threw a reveal trap. I stayed alive. Was able to stealth again, he threw another. 

I had gotten in a private chat with someone from a particular guild. Only two letters long.. .same letter, (i dont think i can say the guild name though)  after I beat him in a duel and he admitted right out they hack. That is pretty brazen, but if they know nothing will be done then why would they care?

Frustrating. But that is why I do not spend money on micro transactions. If Anet actually starts banning these people I will be more than happy to use real world currency as there are things I would like to have. But while cheats are rampant no. I will avoid the cheats while avoiding any sort of financial support to this game.

I have thrown 3 many times, supply cost is 10 for the Target painter and only 5 supply for the target painter TRAP, however using the normal throwable target painter and 25 supply I threw two and on the second got a supply return of 6 which gave me 11 supply for a 3rd painter. I have also had returns of 1 and 4 etc etc that resulted in me having enough supply for another painter or trap.

I also don't know of any available cheat that allows supply manipulation. My assumption if they WERE actually cheating they were probably using a teleport hack and instantly porting to a supply hut, grabbing supply and instantly porting back, many of these programs can even save port locations and be set to a hot key, though "port to mouse location" is far more common, in any case, it would only take a second or two to port there and back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Telgum.6071 said:

We prefer to think someone is hacking rather than using the brain.

just quitted wvw cuz someone was usin his 9001 IQ brain

> burn guard teleported on sm wall from wc flag

> thief teleported 6 time in a row w/o reuse or animations

> necro spawned in the middle of camp then disappeared

> ppl with fixed speed in and out combat

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's been sad to return to gw2 in the past few months and see the "Teleport cheat" happening left and right. Super fun when a thief ports all over your screen or into objects when they're in trouble - still almost dies - then uses Shadowstep for the 1st time in the fight to ensure their escape. SO FUN - THIEVES WERE ALREADY SO FUN! XD

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Faccina.5091 said:

just quitted wvw cuz someone was usin his 9001 IQ brain

> burn guard teleported on sm wall from wc flag

> thief teleported 6 time in a row w/o reuse or animations

> necro spawned in the middle of camp then disappeared

> ppl with fixed speed in and out combat

I've seen more people not understanding what killed them rather than people hacking, both here, in reddit and ingame. So if I don't see proof I don't believe it.

Not saying there are no 'hackers' as I've seen the necro teleporting away, but I doubt they are as common as some people imply.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Shush now. 

Of course that player cheated. 

It was a thief.

Dont ruin peoples illusions like that, unless they play mesmer.

I play mesmer, therefore the only delusions illusions that matter are my own!!

Edited by Ronin.4501

I doubt theres a hack that could throw an unlimited amount of traps ignoring supply cost at you. I think youre mistaking it with this trap. The throwable reveal which you cannot dodge neither and costs 10 supply only.

Unpack a target painter. This trick marks up to 50 enemy players in the area for 30 seconds. Costs 10 supply to deploy. Cannot be avoided.
Deployment Range: 1,200
Effect Radius: 360

Then we have

Target Painter Trap
Use to gain a Target Painter trap. This trap marks up to 50 enemies when activated. Costs 5 supply to deploy.
Effect Radius: 1200

So revealing you 3 times,is  normal in this case if he throws 2 traps and lays down another 10  + 10 + 5. Him admitting he was hacking was probably just him trolling you since you seem unaware of how to do this.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

On 6/3/2022 at 7:15 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

No. 

Oh crap.. that was my bad.  I was looking at the cost of badges. 

Oh well.  I am in game right on the Sea Of Sorrows Border Land now watching a unique guardian. 

He teleported through a wall to attack me, more than once. 

But it is funny. I am on a ranger.. just used my level 80 boost. Less than 1 hour play time and I do not know a thing about it but the first time he came at me normally I beat him down. So now I guess he is mad.

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

While the instance in question probably isn't a hack, I don't think the reason hackers get free reign has anything to do with Anet being desperate for WvW players.  It's probably as simple as banning hackers takes time to do fairly and they don't want to pay someone to stalk potential hackers for evidence.

This isn't an endorsement of their stance, btw.  I think they could do much better with a little effort.

3 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Oh crap.. that was my bad.  I was looking at the cost of badges. 

Oh well.  I am in game right on the Sea Of Sorrows Border Land now watching a unique guardian. 

He teleported through a wall to attack me, more than once. 

But it is funny. I am on a ranger.. just used my level 80 boost. Less than 1 hour play time and I do not know a thing about it but the first time he came at me normally I beat him down. So now I guess he is mad.

Guardian sword skill 2 ports through walls 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Blades

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

Guardian sword skill 2 ports through walls 

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.

No line of sight teleports. I have a glass guardian I just use to make traps and hide while I watch people run into them. Didn't even see that as a possibility.

What about quickness? I was fighting a Willbender who had quickness the entire fight. he was almost flying the entire time. I know nothing about Willbender but when I am on my thief I'm better than pretty much anything I come across.

• Sad 2

I loathe thieves. They can just unload conditions. Steal... Unload more conditions... Steal again... and slowly chip away at your health until you are dead. I am kinda new to WvW... What can I do to counter this? It feels terribly unbalanced. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.

No line of sight teleports. I have a glass guardian I just use to make traps and hide while I watch people run into them. Didn't even see that as a possibility.

What about quickness? I was fighting a Willbender who had quickness the entire fight. he was almost flying the entire time. I know nothing about Willbender but when I am on my thief I'm better than pretty much anything I come across.

You seem to know little about a lot of things...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1