Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

Unhappy with the changes. 

Playing warrior in group content made me feel like I'm grieving my own team. But at least I gave some good banners with unique stats..........oh wait. 

I'll continue to build up my firebrand instead as it can do everything warrior can but better and more. 😊 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Master Fencer
this trait is already not very useful for condi builds, in addition to everything, obtaining fury is not as problematic as alacrity or quickness for a mirage in group, in fact, they changed the way it was obtained and that's all, if only alacrity or quickness would add seconds by 2 -3 then this trait would make sense, otherwise it would rather complicate the solo game.

Moreover, if earlier the buff worked for 75% of the enemy's health, now to get fury you need to apply a crit, but this is some nonsense, the buff should help to apply crit initially, and not trigger on crit after crit
I have long noticed the balance team is doing something incomprehensible and only worsens the solo game and at the same time does not make group content much easier. Already nerfed the torment rune, why do you ask? now, in fact, the furies have slightly worsened the receipt of this buff in a solo game, but why is this all? all these changes are either harmful or at best useless, I know that writing here is pointless, I just spoke out.

Edited by Zraurum.8493
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wow this is just embarrassing seeing how small it is. Doesn't address loads of dead traits on all classes. Seems like you guys are just shooting in the dark hoping it works with no testing done. Unplayed still not reworked. Reaper still useless now more so with daze stun change. Scourge still out dpsing harbinger. Ranger and warrior are basically dead now. Hopefully this is just a skim reading and their is more coming otherwise that was a very long wait for nothing. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Anet needs a test server to get player feedback before these sorts of changes roll out to the main game. It's clear that the internal balance team has no clue how the game works. Due to this, a test server is a no brainer.  

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Eeeh I wouldn't say it's fine for a simple proffession to do low damage either. 

Balance shouldn't factor difficulty, difficulty cutves in mmorpgs exist for the purpose of choice of player enjoyment. Not to benefit anything. 

Balance should absolutely factor in difficulty, no question about it. Builds that are mechanically more difficult to perform should end up being more rewarding, where "more difficult" takes into account things like the build's resilience to disruption, reliance on high cooldown skills and combos, high APM, positioning restrictions, immobility, low health and defense, etc.

If all builds do the exact same DPS, everyone will just stack the easiest, most reliable one. No significant fraction of the playerbase would choose to play a difficult build out of the joy of it. Look at stats on Weaver popularity in raids in the past 2 years or so.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

I have to say it.

People can't read.

Great patchnotes.

Very nice buffs to warrior (dynamic banner (especially in PvP!) and now changing the system overall to boons is great).

Spellbreaker needed the buffs in damage.

Guys, when the multiplier is increased.. it is a raw buff. Cata does now more damage baseline. Alacrity is better for dps than removal of conditions. PvP is untouched as you can read

Most of you literally can't read or you don't understand, or you troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 15

sigh.... elementalist still has way too high of a skill floor, just like others have said... and still lacks ranged DPS options. (it's really sad that Virtuoso and Dragonhunter have way better ranged DPS builds than Ele.) and yet Anet keeps giving Ele all these close range builds, Tempest (melee AoE Overloads) , Weaver (Sword and stances), Catalyst (hammer and differently named stances). especially after telling us that staff is a support weapon. Where's the condi's on Staff? where's the Longbow based on GW1 elemental arrows with some block hate?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The warrior changes are really quite disappointing to read. The class was already so limited in play options and opportunity- the longbow gets worse and power drops? I’d expect to see a class about martial combat and war focus on smashing things and doing the most damage with power and less focus on conditions (even outside of this patches decreases to the classes viability). I hope community feedback is listened to at some point. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Apollo.9103 said:

The warrior changes are really quite disappointing to read. The class was already so limited in play options and opportunity- the longbow gets worse and power drops? I’d expect to see a class about martial combat and war focus on smashing things and doing the most damage with power and less focus on conditions (even outside of this patches decreases to the classes viability). I hope community feedback is listened to at some point. 

Really??? They nerfed the fire aoe longbow power coefficient slightly, which is condition anyway, when you play it. They buffed therefore 3 other abilities, making it all in all a damage buff for the bow. Same goes for anything you mentioned. Warrior got buffed hugely

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, VexOQ.2836 said:

Really??? They nerfed the fire aoe longbow power coefficient slightly, which is condition anyway, when you play it. They buffed therefore 3 other abilities, making it all in all a damage buff for the bow. Same goes for anything you mentioned. Warrior got buffed hugely

Not banners. They just buried banners and cemented over the grave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ziegrif.5964 said:

As an elementalist enjoyer, these patch notes make me spill my tea in consternation.

Literally mostly buffs. The 0.668 to 0.5 deploy jade sphere. is neglectible. Hammer nerfs are huge though, but both only PvE. So what are you reading? Almost everything got buffed there in coefficients or in a new effect which leads to more dps

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, VexOQ.2836 said:

Literally mostly buffs. The 0.668 to 0.5 deploy jade sphere. is neglectible. Hammer nerfs are huge though, but both only PvE. So what are you reading? Almost everything got buffed there in coefficients or in a new effect which leads to more dps

Except we're trading Quickness for Fury, and if we want our quick back we have to pay 10% dps.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Zephyr's Speed is bothering me the most. Why would they want me to camp air or force me into fresh air builds. It's an annoying limitation. What were they thinking, I do not understand this decision. Also less heals for from tempest when giving alac, and rather under power than condi. Meanwhile mouthbreather class aka mechanist, which ofc got away from significant nerfs, gets it crit modifier for free, because raidbosses will always bleed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not banners. They just buried banners and cemented over the grave.

Shortsighted in a raid environment or most pve yes. But not really for pvp.

In PvE other classes now have the chance to opt out of boon appliance. In PvP you can now be mobile as 5man. Also, the interaction of its resurrection and kill blow is yet unclear. It can certainly apply to everytime you ram it back into the ground

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2