Nice Mesmer Changes * sarcasm*

Moody Soul.5617

Mesmer

Dueling

• Master Fencer: Now may activate on any critical hit, granting 4 seconds of fury on up to 5 allies in a circle with a range of 360. Internal cooldown is 8 seconds.

Virtuoso

• Quiet Intensity: Bonus critical chance from Fury increased from 10% to 15% in PvE.
  • Bladesong Sorrow: Bleed on hit removed.

Chronomancer

• Seize the Moment: Radius increased from 240 to 360. Tides of Time now also applies quickness in a radius of 360 for a duration of 5 seconds when cast.
  • Lost Time: Reworked and renamed Stretched Time.
  • Stretched Time: The first pulse of a well also applies alacrity for 4 seconds to allies near the well in a radius of 360. Tides of Time now also applies alacrity in a radius of 360 for a duration of 5 seconds when cast.

Shield

• Tides of Time: Cooldown reduced from 40 seconds to 35 seconds. The stun-enemy and ally-boon components of this skill now each have separate 5-target caps. This skill no longer applies quickness and alacrity to allies the wave passes through. Instead, it applies swiftness for 5 seconds and 5 stacks of might for 15 seconds in a radius of 360 when cast. The trait Seize the Moment now also adds 5 seconds of quickness while Stretched Time (formerly Lost Time) adds 5 seconds of alacrity. Damage coefficient increased from 0.8 to 1.3 in PvE only.

Wells

• Well of Action: Now provides Superspeed to allies on the final pulse instead of quickness.
  • Well of Recall: Renamed Well of Senility. Now removes two boons from enemy targets on the final pulse instead of providing alacrity to allies.

with the changes listed lets address them 1 by 1 this has a heavy pvp/wvw roaming focus with a little pve sprinkled in.

Master Fencer: This trait giving aoe fury is ok however its on the wrong traitline becuase DUELING WAS CORE MESMERS ONLY SOURCE OF FREAKING FURY! Because of this over sight mesmers in pvp and wvw for power unless mirage still have no incentive to go back to using dueling over illusions due to over dependence on the rune of the pack giving that sweat sweat fury and not losing survivability or damage for it and pve doesnt really care about this new source of fury its  already spit out left and right.

Quiet Intensity: This was expected since the devs already mentioned they are increasing precision given out by fury.

Bladesong Sorrow: No longer giving bleed on hit, meh for pve you still pump out so much bleed this wont hurt dps condi virt that hard, but overall nerf to pvp and wvw due to the bleed could've acted like a cover condi for your main conditions confusion and torment, however doesn't impact anything major, just annoying that nothing like virtuoso's clunky play style was addressed and the f4 skill being still insanely garbage in all game modes.

Seize the Moment: very nice, Tides of Time: when traited giving aoe quickness now no longer needing to smack allies with it? Seems ok but didnt bother me too much smacking em to give quick and alac.* I will get to the changes to tides of time itself in a bit.*

Lost time: pointlessly renamed Wow like its gonna make my opinion about these changes better because role play......

Stretched Time:Wells giving alac on first pulse, meh still gonna only be used in pve, Tides of time when traited giving alac, big wow I think this makes sheild over all worse because now if you want the quickness you can't take lost time and for pvp/wvw that a huge deal breaker.

Tides of time: Its the skills turn now and wow this is a kick to the face... Giving reduced cd cool, heres the kicker gives might and swiftness, Big WOW, so meh they could not givin might and swiftness kept the quickness removed the alac making it be needed to be traited and reduced the cd and would be a very much needed improvement instead of what we got which just makes sheild traited for pve and even worse for pvp and wvw.

Well of Action: No, just no get the super speed off it can give literally nothing and it would be better trait off than what we got.

Well of Recall: "Renamed Well of Senility for role play" Now removes boons instead of giving alac, to be frank useful for nothing as the boon rip is on final pulse and we lose alac so even worse same as well of action you couldve just removed the alac and not given anything and it would change anything.

My overall opinion: I was really excited for this patch, I was under the impression we would at least get quality of life and well reworks which was really needed when compared to necro and specters wells. However instead we got 2 wells nerfed, shield made worse for competitive, Lost time made literally unusable in pvp, meh aoe boon application radius increases, a irrelevent nerf to virtuoso and a supposed increase in fury application for core mesmer on a traitline that was already core mesmers only source of fury. All in all they couldve just increased the radiuses and it would've been better than what we got.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, soul.6527 said:

Quiet Intensity: This was expected since the devs already mentioned they are increasing precision given out by fury.

Would have been nice if they put it in a core trait line though, although this works out better for me at the moment.

• Like 2

As a mesmer only player, I've just decided they don't want to take my money. I don't get it at all, it would take like two maybe three minor tweaks to make them competitive. Countless suggestions have been made, often the same exact ones by different people bc they're obvious. (Bleed on Daggers, etc)

Can we just get an alert for when they're done throwing certain classes in the trash?

What did Mesmer and Elementalists do to the devs? Did someone have an evil ex who was a Mesmer main?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

This seems so silly for Chrono.

Essentially if you want to give alacrity now you're being pushed onto shield which pretty much equals not doing competitive DPS. Shield 5 is also a strong utility skill (and always has been) with the stun and the projectile block. Condensing everything into one skill is just silly. Traited it will then have stun, projectile block, might, swiftness and quickness or alac?

Just have both StM and Stretched Time get the shatter treatment.

The well rework is just completely sad. Well of Senility is basically a worse Null Field without further changes to the skill because the damage isn't good.
Well of Action is just going to turn into a sorry joke if the base duration for superspeed isn't like 10 seconds because of how limiting the chrono well concept is in general. You can't really base the position static gameplay of chrono wells on providing mobility like this.

In general it feels like they're robbing chrono the last bit of its remaining identity: the ability to provide alacrity and quickness at the same time.

While also making PvE builds less diverse by soft-locking chrono more into shield. Previously in open world PvE you could run illusions and chrono to get seizable uptime on both alac and quickness without doing a whole lot for it and while running no shield and basically no wells either.

Big hit to versatility here.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mesmer
Dueling
Master Fencer: Now may activate on any critical hit, granting 4 seconds of fury on up to 5 allies in a circle with a range of 360. Internal cooldown is 8 seconds.

Virtuoso
Quiet Intensity: Bonus critical chance from Fury increased from 10% to 15% in PvE.
Bladesong Sorrow: Bleed on hit removed.

Chronomancer
Seize the Moment: Radius increased from 240 to 360. Tides of Time now also applies quickness in a radius of 360 for a duration of 5 seconds when cast.
Lost Time: Reworked and renamed Stretched Time.
Stretched Time: The first pulse of a well also applies alacrity for 4 seconds to allies near the well in a radius of 360. Tides of Time now also applies alacrity in a radius of 360 for a duration of 5 seconds when cast.

Shield
Tides of Time: Cooldown reduced from 40 seconds to 35 seconds. The stun-enemy and ally-boon components of this skill now each have separate 5-target caps. This skill no longer applies quickness and alacrity to allies the wave passes through. Instead, it applies swiftness for 5 seconds and 5 stacks of might for 15 seconds in a radius of 360 when cast. The trait Seize the Moment now also adds 5 seconds of quickness while Stretched Time (formerly Lost Time) adds 5 seconds of alacrity. Damage coefficient increased from 0.8 to 1.3 in PvE only.

Wells
Well of Action: Now provides Superspeed to allies on the final pulse instead of quickness.
Well of Recall: Renamed Well of Senility. Now removes two boons from enemy targets on the final pulse instead of providing alacrity to allies.

Slow clap

So...to start, I'm going to "assume" these patch notes are not the complete version and we'll get the other half on Tuesday? Because with all the time they had, they can't be serious that with whatever man power they have, this is all they're doing for Mesmers.

Going through the short list:

Master Fencer: "Nice. So ummm, what about other traits in core that need to be looked at? Why is desperate decoy still sitting at 120cd for WvW & PvP? We need some traits rearranged to give the other traitlines better identities."

Virtuoso

Quiet Intensity and Bladesong Sorrow: "Cool but yawn. Why are we seeing Virtuoso ANYTHING when there was countless of feedback, ideas, beta events for that prior to EoD launch? If anything, clunkiness, F4, offhand dagger? 2 utilities + elite literally being the same etc.. should've been addressed. Moving along."

Chronomancer

Seize the Moment: 

Lost Time: Okay?

Stretched Time: "Additionally, I know it's just a name, but reading through, I got the impression that this trait would somehow extend the boons currently on you/allies too. 🤷‍♂️"

Shield

Tides of Time:  "I mean...that's not really fair now having us choose between StM and ST now because you removed the alac and quickness off shield to give it mediocre boons. I like the skill as it is. If anything, I would've removed the wave returning back to you and probably have it so it also removes boons off enemies."

Wells

Before I get into this I will stress this AGAIN that this was a missed opportunity to make Wells go off on the Mesmers location. Even in PvE, but for modes such as WvW and PvP, EVERYONE.IS.MOVING.

Well of Action:  "Again, since Wells aren't going off at the Mesmers location, no ones going to wait/stand on a well at its final pulse for some superspeed..."

Well of Recall: "Once again, since Wells aren't going off at the Mesmers location, everyone is constantly moving, Wells not being big enough in radius and with how fast boon application is, this will barely land successfully. If anything, why wasn't Null Field given the 2 boon removal effect? Or Phantasmal Disenchanter made into an actual Mesmer attack we could do instead of an Illusion?"

Again, I'm assuming this is just the first half because there's still: traits and utility skills that weren't addressed. Overall, this could've easily be sent as an email...shipped as a regular patch note because this "professions" update isn't giving me anything to write home about.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

So they completely gutted the old support inspi chrono for good.

Seriously thanks for that. The only support class I truly enjoyed playing together with another chrono in 10men content. A support that actually required some brain cells.

The wall changes suck, I am sorry. Just like shield 5.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mesmer
Dueling
Master Fencer:

=> Straight nerf to Power Mesmer

Virtuoso
Quiet Intensity:
Bladesong Sorrow:

=> I don’t care

Chronomancer
Seize the Moment:

=> It’s okeyish but considering we lose Quickness on Shield 5 again and now has to be traited is a bitter taste.

Lost Time:
Stretched Time:

=> Band aid fix for wells, which has to be traited. ANet just lied when saying they want to fix wells. It makes the situation even worse since considering the past this will be the status of wells for another 2 or more years. They are still not only useless they handicap you if you consider taking them in any build with no streched time traited.

=> I just now noticed with the change of LostTime they also nerfed a huge part of the utility rupter chrono they wanted with Chaotic Interruption and Vicious Expression. A lot of people in this forum told me this is a meta build lol. No one of them is complaining now huh? Wasn’t so meta apparently.

Shield
Tides of Time:

=> The swifness Part is a little bit meh but I like the might. With Size the moment it could do some nice things but tbh chrono was the last espec that needed more burst on its wombo combo. Overall every build of chrono loses something important cause alac or quickness now have to be traited. Bad change.

Wells
Well of Action:

=> Why would someone stay inside the well for super speed? This doesn’t make any sense at all. We had Super Speed on glamour. You deleted it and now give it back on the end tick of a well? Lmao

Well of Recall:

=> This is again a change to a more and more passive combat playstyle. Like seriously who is in charge for such things?

All in all disappointing as always. I could write more but apparently mesmer is fine and doesn’t need anything. /s

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Like 4

Ehhhm serious question. How does chrono now receive alacrity without wells? Am I correct when saying there is now only shatters with alacrity or am I missing something? Have they seriously deleted all sources of Alacrity and Quickness from chrono? 

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Have they seriously deleted all sources of Alacrity and Quickness from chrono? 

Yes. Even before it was just shatters more or less...

I used the shatters to give myself alacrity in WvW to get the pulls out faster but, you said it yourself, it's a meme build and when Mechanist can give permanent alacrity with full DPS gear by just hanging around the mech, passively, then well, what's there to talk about really?

• Thanks 5

Yeah, I generally try to avoid being negative ... but my initial impression of this can be summarized with a "wth".

My only hope for Mesmer not coming out worse from this is that some numbers not shared in those notes or changes they left out are going to come to light Tuesday and/or some folks smarter than me will find some diamond among what looks like a dung pile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yes. Even before it was just shatters more or less...

I used the shatters to give myself alacrity in WvW to get the pulls out faster but, you said it yourself, it's a meme build and when Mechanist can give permanent alacrity with full DPS gear by just hanging around the mech, passively, then well, what's there to talk about really?

Oh true but you had shatter, shield 5, lost time and 1 well (of cause the well should not be taken to serious but it should be improved not completely deleted). And even if lost time was bad, it was the only sources left to trigger alacrity reliable in group plays. How is a chrono now supposed to generate enough alactrity in group play without this? What is with the trait Improved alacrity? This trait seriously only improves now shatters if the GM was not taken. I have so many questions now to the devs. This made everything much worse for me personally 😞

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Oh true but you had shatter, shield 5, lost time and 1 well (of cause the well should not be taken to serious but it should be improved not completely deleted). And even if lost time was bad, it was the only sources left to trigger alacrity reliable in group plays. How is a chrono now supposed to generate enough alactrity in group play without this? What is with the trait Improved alacrity? This trait seriously only improves now shatters if the GM was not taken. I have so many questions now to the devs. This made everything much worse for me personally 😞

Yeah, the whole patch looks like nerfs disguised as buffs.

Like, it looks good on paper, but as always, they took so much away for "the buff" to happen that, at best, they ended us up right where we started and at worst made us worse.

To me this patch feels like we'll need to do extra steps just to end up where we were now without any real improvement. 

Sure, there's a quickness or whatever on first pulse, boonstrip on another well (last pulse LOL), but like, i'm not seeing the logic here, it's like they've deliberately ignored everything actually wrong with mesmers in general and went totally the opposite, fixing what wasn't really the problem.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, the whole patch looks like nerfs disguised as buffs.

Like, it looks good on paper, but as always, they took so much away for "the buff" to happen that, at best, they ended us up right where we started and at worst made us worse.

To me this patch feels like we'll need to do extra steps just to end up where we were now without any real improvement. 

Sure, there's a quickness or whatever on first pulse, boonstrip on another well (last pulse LOL), but like, i'm not seeing the logic here, it's like they've deliberately ignored everything actually wrong with mesmers in general and went totally the opposite, fixing what wasn't really the problem.

I feel like the same. We getting changes sold as buffs but at the end of the day we have less to take and less variety in build diversity. 

Chrono rupter in general is smiter booned now and we have lost the synergy between 3 traits. I thought the top line was dedicated to interrupt. Now danger time got heavily nerfed, lost time is not available anymore and the 1,5s slow on an interrupt are worthless anyways. This means we have now 4 dead traits in the chrono line with no real concept.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

I feel like the same. We getting changes sold as buffs but at the end of the day we have less to take and less variety in build diversity. 

Chrono rupter in general is smiter booned now and we have lost the synergy between 3 traits. I thought the top line was dedicated to interrupt. Now danger time got heavily nerfed, lost time is not available anymore and the 1,5s slow on an interrupt are worthless anyways. This means we have now 4 dead traits in the chrono line with no real concept.

My only hope at this point is that - this is not the full preview and they're saving the rest for when the update goes live.

And that, seeing other changes theese ones will make sense somehow?

Idk...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2