༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ UNSUMMON PATCH NOTES ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Lan Deathrider.5910

14 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Oh don't be like that fellow warriors. Welcome to firebrand. Embrace dozing off and letting your mind wander as you 1111 and spam mantras. Its really just warrior on the inside, with ugh... slightly less fluid combat and blue paint on.

You know the best part Willbender is Power berserker with teleports, guardian is basically the ascension for the warrior profession from other games , but instead of ascending you just roll a guardian and give all of your warrior gear to it.
I know anet is into inclusivity and stuff with hiring disabled and people on the spectrum but the janitor already has too much to deal with it is not his job to make balance changes. 
Jokes aside the whole kitten show is not about incompetence it looks more like laziness to me, based on the amount , the time span needed and the quality of the changes.   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Jokes aside the whole kitten show is not about incompetence it looks more like laziness to me, based on the amount , the time span needed and the quality of the changes.   

Honestly I find it hard to care at this point.

I do daily fractals where not only am I expected to carry the group as hfb, I actually can do that most of the time (even after repetitive "nerfs"). The only reason there is competition for the quickness slot, is that some dev mains engi and thought to add a heal/alac role. Sick. Ofc raids are gonna look slightly different, you are competing with a qcfb for the quickness slot (gl, maybe there is no qcfb online atm).

Meanwhile playing war in competitive feels like I'm running uphill all the time.

I've put a bit over 2k hours in each, and they feel like the polar opposites in this game. Guard support just hands you out everything; as war dd you have to struggle for every hit to connect (to say nothing of making that hit count). The game just looks like a circus after this experience... So why treat it as anything other than circus.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:14 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I think it's logical to assume that they did do it like this. The Guardian changes align with this philosophy also, where their signet abilities now pulse boons (Stability, Resistance and Protection) which to me i thought was insane and not the best design choice...but I think it's logical given their "standardization" philosophy here, that they will do the same kind of thing with warrior, but it's banners.

Overall, I think the patch has some good mechanical reworks, but in contrast, other deeply flawed changes like this whole standardization thing. I'll hold out my hope and place judgement after I've played the patch.

PS. If they do do it like how people think it is with just no skills on the skill bar, man...the endless memes there will be.

Well...looks like you were right @Azure The Heartless.3261

Trying to cut anet some slack but... ya i think its time to hire a new balance team. Both cmc and solar and whoever else is involved. This change to banners...lol i just can't fathom. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Well...looks like you were right @Azure The Heartless.3261

Trying to cut anet some slack but... ya i think its time to hire a new balance team. Both cmc and solar and whoever else is involved. This change to banners...lol i just can't fathom. 

I have hopium tolerance, and the infrastructure for banners locking your left skills existed already. It is only logical to assume they would opt for "the way it was before only worse."

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ UNSUMMON PATCH NOTES ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Well, screw this game, I am out till the next balance "fix" to this horrible update no one wanted. 

And if that balance fix doesn't work, goodbye GW2, was nice knowing you and you were great fun till the devs behind you ruined you. 

Welcome to the #GW2Exodus Club! 🙈

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/29/2022 at 5:42 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Welcome to the #GW2Exodus Club! 🙈

Given me a lot of time on my hands 😉 Honestly its fun having fun playing games again, unlike when you boot up GW2 now. 

The real question is, has anyone seen Lan? His last message was saying goodbye to you, has Lan been typing up a giant post ever since the update no one wanted and had people begging Anet to not release, released? 

I don't really see how "listening" Keeps being a word used by Anet, when they didn't listen to the one thing that people were unified in saying, which was quite interesting to see. Every update I see know is just more damage control, I feel like the only reason a Hotfix has come out at all now, is because they were forced to do it, once again, to prevent so many people leaving. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Given me a lot of time on my hands 😉 Honestly its fun having fun playing games again, unlike when you boot up GW2 now. 

The real question is, has anyone seen Lan? His last message was saying goodbye to you, has Lan been typing up a giant post ever since the update no one wanted and had people begging Anet to not release, released? 

I don't really see how "listening" Keeps being a word used by Anet, when they didn't listen to the one thing that people were unified in saying, which was quite interesting to see. Every update I see know is just more damage control, I feel like the only reason a Hotfix has come out at all now, is because they were forced to do it, once again, to prevent so many people leaving. 

I was wondering about Lan too.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 WhErE aRe YoU? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Saw him the other night in a Dragon's End meta and he said he got a forum timeout.

Still trying to fight the good fight on warrior though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Im not here for the game anymore. Consider me uuuhh, a third party benefactor to the warriors still playing yes yes! 

Don't forget any new players that just happen to stumble upon this place. Some need to stay, guide them and set the tone here, instead of "warrior" mains coming in here (who've only played it for a few months) and telling them "Don't worry, warrior is viable in all content!1!"

• Like 3

Really saddened by these patch notes.  I always want to believe that Anet wants to make this game better... but it's just like they dont care about skills or abilities that are out of date.

Case in point... why fix Engi rifle when Engi pistol is the most major issue?

Then we could talk about warrior.... for a long time...  It's like these Devs dont even play the class.

I'll be honest, I think this update was about updating that Raid scaling feature.  I think that took the most time and this was a super surface-level "fix" to actually addressing issues...

Just... WOW...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Don't forget any new players that just happen to stumble upon this place. Some need to stay, guide them and set the tone here, instead of "warrior" mains coming in here (who've only played it for a few months) and telling them "Don't worry, warrior is viable in all content!1!"

The lies can continue no longer! 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 7:21 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Oh don't be like that fellow warriors. Welcome to firebrand. Embrace dozing off and letting your mind wander as you 1111 and spam mantras. Its really just warrior on the inside, with ugh... slightly less fluid combat and blue paint on.

funny how the circlejerk just goes on and on and on.. yet people have no idea what they are talking about. cFB has been nerfed so hard it won't be played anymore. And it depends if the other quickness classes like harbinger or scrapper will deal more dmg than qFB because if that is the case even qFB won't see the light of the day anymore.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Starbreaker.6507 said:

Saw him the other night in a Dragon's End meta and he said he got a forum timeout.

Still trying to fight the good fight on warrior though.

ah, I was thinking that too. Considering everything that happened. Had quite a few timeouts myself since EoD released. 
Makes sense that amongst everything, one of the main Warrior commenters I see on the forums also gets a timeout while Warriors are forgotten even in the first hotfix. 

Edited by Gorem.8104

1 hour ago, Ferus.3165 said:

funny how the circlejerk just goes on and on and on.. yet people have no idea what they are talking about. cFB has been nerfed so hard it won't be played anymore. And it depends if the other quickness classes like harbinger or scrapper will deal more dmg than qFB because if that is the case even qFB won't see the light of the day anymore.

NOPE. Try again.

This "circlejerk" just cuts through the lies. As for FB, nerfed or not, is still going to be viable in all sorts of content due to its mechanics alone. Warrior is pretty much just chopped liver.

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
typo
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:57 PM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

NOPE. Try again.

This "circlejerk" just cuts through the lies. As for FB, nerfed or not, is still going to be viable in all sorts of content due to its mechanics alone. Warrior is pretty much just chopped liver.

i have over 5k hours on warrior, i know what state warrior is in. This does however not have anything to do with guardian and firebrand. Just stop with this circlejerk ah the blue child a fb so op so ez to play, you gain nothing from it and warrior will not be magically fun to play or fixed in any way if fb will be gutted like warrior.

cFB is already worse than warrior now. Quickness application is all that fb still has. Take that away and you have warrior 2.0. Would you be happy then? Btw. cwillbender is at 33k dps now, and it does not bring anything to the table either and is a pure selfish dps spec with 8k less hp than warrior. That would mean that warrior is absolutely viable in all "sorts of content".

Edited by Ferus.3165
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Ferus.3165 you just noticed that warrior do nothing but dps and a bit of more cc while guardian/fb does dmg cc and good boon Support in once? Thats litterly why firebrand will always be better than anything cause it is good dps/good cc/ plus besides all this is gives ya quickenss and maybe also aegis/stability if you need it for just a bit of dps loss lel

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Ferus.3165 you just noticed that warrior do nothing but dps and a bit of more cc while guardian/fb does dmg cc and good boon Support in once? Thats litterly why firebrand will always be better than anything cause it is good dps/good cc/ plus besides all this is gives ya quickenss and maybe also aegis/stability if you need it for just a bit of dps loss lel

Sub par dps**. 

It'd be a start if we were actually competitive with other speccs dps in a live fight consistently. 

Let's not forget even condi untamed has found a build achieving 40k dps now 

@Daddy.8125 @Ferus.3165 well the thing is dps is nothing when you cant survive the boss/raids mechanic right? In that case you would EVER favor the class with dps and supp over a class that does just nothing but high dps. The only reason where you actually take the only dps one would be when you just simply rush the raids or do that many dps to just skip Boss Phases. Lets be real in most lfg groups or even groups that arent Trained hard as a Group you would always go for the save way and not the way that you fail a mechanic and the Group instantly whipe.

So warrior in that logic would be used in rush groups but its is simply too Bad in terms of dps infront of most if not actually all other classes.

Guardian on the other Hand is a lfg groups friend is does Semi good dps yes but also it could help groups to survive by said boons like stability and aegis. So all in all guardian is ways better than warrior.

EDIT: @Daddy.8125 if you where talking about warrior in this sence im sry for Mark you here. I wasnt sure what you exactly mean xd!

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@CalmTheStorm.2364 & @JTGuevara.9018 I copied that from the reddit thread of the same topic.

But yes, they buried banners and cemented over the grave.

Pre summoning Defense and blowing a CD on Adrenaline to spam Burst skills with Resistance up may be a niche tactic though. The BSW changes seem interesting, but I'll have to try them it. Increases the CD on Charge is the wrong decision to make. If they keep the CD at 15s, then between that, Martial Cadence, Empower Allies, FGJ, and SiO you could have a decent offense support setup with lots of condition cleansing. But they increased the CD on Charge so you can't perma quick that way for your party.

The boon changes on Strength and Discipline are laughable. WHY would you even run those with For Great Justice exists?

Pleaaaasssss don't tell that,🤫🤫🤫

Or they will take aut (great justice) for the next patch🤫🤫🤫‼️🙏😭

Edited by Drax.7308
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

if you where talking about warrior in this sence im sry for Mark you here. I wasnt sure what you exactly mean xd

I did mean warrior haha. 

I ment as in warriors can't even fill a dps role well currently. So we can't even give them that really atm. 

The only reason you would take a warrior into group or raid content right now. Is because their your friend. Or you aren't fussed entirely by meta. 

In a environment of using proper group comps you wouldn't even be able to fill a dps role with warrior right now.

• Like 1