Endless repair canister (regarding new update)

Tbh, I don't see the harm with Anet adding a vendor to swap the Endless Black Lion Contracts.

For example, the vendor could have a tab in which you traded your account bound "Endless X Contract" for an account bound "Endless Black Lion Utility Token". Then a second tab to use the token to purchase a different account bound "Endless X Contract", possibly with a weekly/monthly cooldown to deter having access to all at the same time. Idk.

Then Anet could  just have the Utility Token put into Black Lion chests as well as the tradeable Contracts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

The repair cannisters were bought so that one would not need to use repair anvils. After the change those who own the endless cannisters will still not need to visit the anvil and will have a buff on top.

To be clear, I dont like the change, but those who own the endless cannisters will still have what they had before.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The key difference is that, before, you could use the item whenever necessary. Like in the middle of an instance. That's what made it sneeky underrated before. Also, depending on the content and duration of play, it was entirely possible to need repair multiple times. It's the only super rare item I've ever gotten. Now I'm considering removing it from my shared inventory slot because I cant see any significant convenience.  Kinda bummed, tbh.

Edited by Phoenix.4593
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 6/27/2022 at 8:11 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

I would think a small buff would still be more valuable than endless repair. *shrug*

Not in a dungeon or other instance content..

Not having to run back to an anvil or leave an instance  to repair your armor is what gave the unlimited repair canister value. I also think that most people who have this item (myself included) already keep food and other items to provide buffs so this might not be all that valuable after the update. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The repair cannisters were bought so that one would not need to use repair anvils. After the change those who own the endless cannisters will still not need to visit the anvil and will have a buff on top.

To be clear, I dont like the change, but those who own the endless cannisters will still have what they had before.

That's like saying someone who put down 4000+ gold on a bank contract shouldn't complain if the next day instant bank access was free to everyone. To be fair, I think instant bank access should be available to everyone. But, I think it would be a wrong decision not to compensate players who already have the item. 

Edited by Phoenix.4593
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Phoenix.4593 said:

That's like saying someone who put down 4000+ gold on a bank contract shouldn't complain if the next day instant bank access was free to everyone. To be fair, I think instant bank access should be available to everyone. But, I think it would be a wrong decision not to compensate players who already have the item. 

Not if they still have everything they had before and had more added on top of that. Had armor damage been removed from the game with no other change I would agree with you.

On 6/26/2022 at 5:07 PM, Black Canary.4238 said:

Could you at least give an option to people that bought it and have it to decide what they want to do with it? Options like if they want to keep it, get refunded or traded for something else. I'm sure some NOT all would like to decide for themselves, since when we bought it we bought it for repairing armor, not for some endless buff boost. Would not want to buy that and waste my gold on it. Think it would be fair to give people choice what they want.

What's the change?

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Not if they still have everything they had before and had more added on top of that. Had armor damage been removed from the game with no other change I would agree with you.

The thing is this: At some point during a 12 hour period, you are going to find yourself in front of an anvil. It would actually be more inconvenient to open your inventory and click the canister. Please counter this, because I would love nothing more than for this item to have some sort of value.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Phoenix.4593 said:

The thing is this: At some point during a 12 hour period, you are going to find yourself in front of an anvil. It would actually be more inconvenient to open your inventory and click the canister. Please counter this, because I would love nothing more than for this item to have some sort of value.

The thing is : you don't have to open and click on the canister, having it in your inventory will auto refresh the buff

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2022 at 8:21 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Anet should make the endless repair even more useful and have it spawn an anvil that anyone can use. That makes it valuable for groups in instances, as well as open world groups awaiting a boss or meta, or even WvWers.

I love this suggestion.

22 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Want to be recunded for one of the most pointless perm contracts in the game? I'm surprised anyone ever bought those.

I got it from BL drop. Actually found it quite useful. There are many times that you can find yourself unexpectedly with damaged armor, and clicking this is way more convenient than going back to an anvil. Now? I cant understand why anyone wants one... Thinking about putting it in the bank.

19 minutes ago, Phoenix.4593 said:

I got it from BL drop. Actually found it quite useful. There are many times that you can find yourself unexpectedly with damaged armor, and clicking this is way more convenient than going back to an anvil. Now? I cant understand why anyone wants one... Thinking about putting it in the bank.

That's fair enough.

Though I kept getting piled with canisters from daily logins, so I've never had a time I needed them, and the few times I did there was a repair stop nearby anyways. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I onyl have the canisters - about almost 100 from login rewards or so. The buff is pretty long ... and I am a hoarder. I can see myself sitting on those canisters forever lol. I would have preferred if they made some exchange option. Exchanging it for other useful stuff. Even if it was only something minor. (For the contract then something less minor.)

I mean ... technically they have such stuff for other things. I think town clothes tonics to the skin or so. And from older boosters - a BLC NPC somewhere.  Could be different with the cost. (1, 5, 10 canisters - and other stuff offered.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Sad 1