You're dumbing down the game.

LKEY.9567

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That whole idea about complexity being the equivalent work is consistently as funny as it is wrong. Complex games aren't anything new and they never stopped being entertainment. If you wanted less complexity, why even pick a complex game from an action mmorpg genre? 🤨

Not only that, but I doubt anyone here has anything against the existance of low intensity builds. But those low intensity/effort builds overperforming is just weird for what this game is.

I don't know about that , because even with those111 specs  , Teapot team still dies

The devs shown that with this encounter that surviving makes the game  complex , regadles of the button smashing.

I just hope they nerf engi + give some weapons powers to 3 least played proffesions (rangers+Thieves+revs) in PvE and offer an auto-LFG for casuals , to avoid scenarios of "only mechs"

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I ran a number of dungeons with a full mechanist only group. We didn't know each other beforehand, the first three who joined just happened to be people (like me) who just wanted to see what the new rifle meme was all about. The next 2 people to join immediately relogged just to complete the meme. For about the first 10 minutes, we couldn't get over how hilariously OP it was, and we cracked all manner of jokes. 

Not long after, we went silent. By the time we were done, we all had the same conclusion: this is a travesty. We didn't even have to move, and I noticed we all stopped even pressing rifle 2 for 5 might, or keeping up alacrity. We just stood off at range, moving literally 2-3 times max during a fight, just rattling away with our new autoattack machine guns and aim assisted rocket spam. It was obscene.

One guy relogged to FB "just to intensify the memes." Eventually he stopped providing boons or even trying in general, as it was just unnecessary.

If every class had a build that performed at this level, I don't think so many of us would have a problem with the latest patch. But the fact that mechanist has a rocket-spewing un-cc-able dpstank pet, with a full set of un-pressed signets and a literal 1-button-press rotation while warrior exists and soulbeast's OWP has been gutted.... this is just insulting. 

Whatever process (if there even is one) that allowed this patch to get out the door needs to be seriously re-evaluated. Full time balance team my kitten. Who is actually making sure the result even remotely resembles "balance"?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

I don't know about that , because even with those111 specs  , Teapot team still dies

The devs shown that with this encounter that surviving makes the game  complex , regadles of the button smashing.

You can try making up any strawman about it you want, but the fact remains -even broadly understood- multitasking makes everything harder, which is why claiming that game is equally complex with or without 1111 is objectively false.

15 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

I just hope they nerf engi + give some weapons powers to 3 least played proffesions (rangers+Thieves+revs) in PvE

At the same time I'm baffled how you can type these two quotes in the same post. On one hand you claim it doesn't matter, on the other... you want to nerf/buff the class you want. Why? I thought it doesn't matter as long as there are encounter mechanics disconnected from what you play?

and offer an auto-LFG for casuals , to avoid scenarios of "only mechs"

Yeah, we've been through it, so it's clear you'd love holding players hostage. But that shouldn't be a thing, so... without some instanely good application (that probably would basically play against the main reasons you want to implement it in the first place), no thanks.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

You can try making up any strawman about it you want, but the fact remains -even broadly understood- multitasking makes everything harder, which is why claiming that game is equally complex with or without 1111 is objectively false.

At the same time I'm baffled how you can type these two quotes in the same post. On one hand you claim it doesn't matter, on the other... you want to nerf/buff the class you want. Why? I thought it doesn't matter as long as there are encounter mechanics disconnected from what you play?

Yeah, we've been through it, so it's clear you'd love holding players hostage. But that shouldn't be a thing, so... without some instanely good application (that probably would basically play against the main reasons you want to implement it in the first place), no thanks.

People can  mutlitasking with 111 and piano classes like Eles , but the goal remain the same Do dps + avoid the aoes .

I dont see how the 111 specs makes the game less complex as you said in the previous poster .

If this wasn't true then Teapot , would have won by know vs Sc

You might not agree with me about LFG, but they will follow the rute of the normal Raids.People will inv only the strongest classes  . There is not hostage system , you can kick r leave , but you cannot inv what the op-what you wish

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

Agreed with everything in this post. Allowing one class to excel at a category of skill is what helps people play together. It creates uniqueness and individuality in the classes while maintaining group balance. When you make everyone equally good or equally bad at everything, or you boost one or two classes so much that it's pointless to play anything else, you remove what makes interactive play unique AND the desire to work cooperatively. You make things so easy that they're no longer challenging at all, and without the risk/reward system, you have a giant waste of time that you're asking people to pay into.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

People can  mutlitasking with 111 and piano classes like Eles

Sorry, but you seem to lack basic understanding about what is being written in the posts in this thread. You're basically comparing 1 action to 2 actions and say it's the same difficulty/complexity. If that's actually what you think then there's no point to even explain anything to you. Cheers.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

Sorry, but you seem to lack basic understanding about what is being written in the posts in this thread. Cheers.

How so ? You implied that using a rotation class , magicly makes the game more complex .

The devs showed , what is truly the complex part of each battle.....survival + no 30min timer

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

How so ? You implied that using a rotation class , magicly makes the game more complex .

Pressing many keys in a coherent manner is by default more complex/demanding than not pressing any or holding just one. Not a rocket science. There's pretty much nothing to not understand here and yet... you manage to constantly miss the point. Bye 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

Pressing many keys in a coherent manner is by default more complex/demanding than not pressing any or holding just one. Not a rocket science. There's pretty much nothing to not understand here and yet... you manage to constantly miss the point. Bye 🤦‍♂️ 

Did the 111 keys specs , give an advantage vs Sc ?

Because those 9 scrubs and the beautiful Lynn that carries them , are still dying as we speak after 3 days

If this is the goal of the devs , to learn the majority to survive and do the mechanics , then it will better than stacking scourges + aiming todo 40k dps + only 1 will carry the 9rest +under 10min ,like in the past

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If this is the goal of the devs , to learn the majority to survive and do the mechanics , then it will better than stacking scourges + aiming todo 40k dps + only 1 will carry the 9rest +under 10min ,like in the past

This is irrelevant to what was written above about complexity and multitasking being complexity and multitasking. If you want to talk about classes/builds providing too much sustain then that's a separate issue and to quickly respond to it: sure, I have nothing against nerfing the overperforming sustain supports that further trivialize content. That doesn't change a single thing about what was written in the previous posts. Enough with these weak strawman attempts.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

no identity = no flavor

What you describe as "flavor" are mere cosmetics, just like races. Real flavor is what the profession can do -- and if each profession can do the same, there is no flavor.

P.S. Raising the dead actual is a profession mechanic.

Raising the dead is a profession mechanic, and only the necro can do it, thus, there is still profession identity., Thanks for proving my point. Mesmers have clones and phantasms.  When I play a thief, I certainly feel like a thief.  Facts are not opinions. You stated an opinion and you called it a fact. I disagree and I play just as much as you.

• Like 5
  • Confused 11

Druid has no content to run anymore.
I wasn't able to run fractal, now i can't run raid.
I can't imagine a situation where druid is needed anymore.

I'm gonna go back to lost ark until this situation is resolved. (I don't think they'll fix this)
Today was the end of a road for me. (every single LFG ask only for mech)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

6 minutes ago, kanemi.4903 said:

Druid has no content to run anymore.
I wasn't able to run fractal, now i can't run raid.
I can't imagine a situation where druid is needed anymore.

I'm gonna go back to lost ark until this situation is resolved. (I don't think they'll fix this)
Today was the end of a road for me. (every single LFG ask only for mech)

I've literally only run Druid as my T4 Fractal character for the last few days, and not a single group has complained. There's alot of things to be upset about right now but I don't think Druid is one of them?

Druid now gives permanent uptime on Protection, Vigor, and Alacrity, three very important boons. Their healing is almost as good as it was before, only slightly nerfed, and they still have some of the best CC and revival skills in the game for encounters where that matters.

My only real complaint is losing Stability on the Nature Spirit with no compensation.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Raising the dead is a profession mechanic, and only the necro can do it, thus, there is still profession identity., Thanks for proving my point. Mesmers have clones and phantasms.  When I play a thief, I certainly feel like a thief.  Facts are not opinions. You stated an opinion and you called it a fact. I disagree and I play just as much as you.

One single specialty among dozens that consist of uniformed mishmash doesn't make much for profession identity. Where is the Necromancer's raising the dead ability in Harbinger? (Sure, you can still equip the utility skills, but they don't synergies with the spec and aren't part of the spec's design.) This is just an example of many.

Fact is: there is a lot less profession identity than before, and in some specs' cases even none whatsoever left.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

One single specialty among dozens that consist of uniformed mishmash doesn't make much for profession identity. Where is the Necromancer's raising the dead ability in Harbinger? (Sure, you can still equip the utility skills, but they don't synergies with the spec and aren't part of the spec's design.) This is just an example of many.

Fact is: there is a lot less profession identity than before, and in some specs' cases even none whatsoever left.

If identity is thematic, and again I'd wager it is to the vast majority of players, then it's not one thing.  When you have a necro your skills are bleeding, disease, raising the dead, cursing. Boney hands come up for the ground. Sickly poison circles appear on the floor. You turn into a shadow and later a reaper with a scythe, how is that not thematic.

When you're a ranger, with your pet, you're using traps, like a hunter might use. You're using pet skills (like sic 'em). You can even name your pet.  You can call it back.  I'm not sure how that's not thematic either.

When you're a warrior you're a master of martial weapons. You have not only a ton of weapon options, but you're weapon skills have weight. Both a warrior and a mesmer can use a greatsword for example, but the warrior can use hundred blades, while the mesmer is shooting a beam of energy from it.  Your warrior doesn't shatter clones that explode in butterflies. It feels like a warrior.

Do you really want me to go through every profession? Are you suggesting the vast majority of players in this game know skills of other professions they don't play as often as their main (or at all), so they can compare them? Raiders know this. Probably high end PvPers and WvWers.  Most of the players in this game are running around with their pet and their bow on the ranger, pew-pewing, or a gaggle of minions as a necro. They neither know or care that someone else got wells.  The mesmer mains are shattering things with butterflies (if they  even bother to shatter), not worrying who else has alacrity if they even use alacrity.

The skilled percentage of this playerbase, those who focus on mechanics are probably a minority, though maybe a big minority but a minority nontheless. So many people just run around and kill kitten and to those people, no one loses their identity because everyone can cast quickness, because they don't see identity in that way. Hell, I know what quickness and alacrity are and I don't see identity that way.

That makes your fact, an opinion. Because even with the changes, none of the professions I play (and I play them all) have changed identities to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

It's the same in ESO. They just released a ring that when equipped, removes your access to weapon swap, and you get ALL MAJOR BUFFS with 100% uptime. That's like a 20-30% dps increase, and 20-30% increase in surviability too.

IMO it's because MMOs are a dying genre and if they disregard the casual playerbase, the games will lose its population.

I personally dont mind it, because a good player will always be better than a casual player when it comes to pvp, and in PVE, I would certainly like to have teammates who can pull their weight, casual player or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, you're already playing a computer game instead of doing sports or exercising, so...

So like, games cant exercise your brain (reaction time, hand to eye coordination, memory, problem solving, etc.)? I am used to my brain working while I play something, weirdly.

But OK, let me rephrase, "Ah yes cause I wanna play a walking simulator after work".

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

I literally came here from a game that did what this game is doing, and while I don't think they're quite the dumpster fire here yet.... They are juggling cans of gasoline for no reason it feels like.

People want unique characters, people want to feel rewarded for their effort and have a good time while doing it. When you take away from characters, thats less rewarding, when you make challenges trivial it removes sense of reward, etc.

I've been here about 2 months, and in that short time they've made everything I've enjoyed less fun because "balancing"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Well it depends why they are doing it:

If the reason is because they actually think that engi rifle AA spam is strong then they're just ill informed, even P/P unload spam does more damage than this and that's not exactly putting the bar very high.

If however they do it because they recognized that the average player does only about 1-4k dps and they want to raise the DPS floor with something that's as foolproof as possible than I'd say it's a reasonable approach to take as not everyone is capable / willing to make the effort to hit F1 on Harbinger.

That being said I have yet to see any in the LFG actually ask for "rifle engi" so maybe it's more of a regonal issue?

honestly, I think they're probably doing it right now because its meme-worthy.  Literally for laughs.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Honestly when it comes to PvE I'll pick a class that has a low APM...I don't feel like smashing my keyboard for hours on end to kill some stupid NPCs lol

Also please, stop preteding other classes are difficult to play. There's dozens of brain dead classes like Zerker, Reaper, Virtuoso, Soul Beast, etc...in most cases you need 6-7 buttons to do decent damage.

The advantage of the Mechanist is its Mech which does the bulk of the damage and I agree a portion of it should be transfered from a passive to an active application. 

On the other hand Elemntalists should get a flat 10% damage boost considering how annoying it is to play...you know to reward the masochists that play it.

Edited by Liisjak.4509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2