Domain of Istan-Brandstones need a lot of work.

So... in the modern GW2 where non-meta maps are back to being pretty dead, I've noticed Brandstones in particular are a massive pain.
First, you need 5 people with investment for max rewards. It feels like half the time you're lucky to get 5 people total.
Then, you need those people to actually use their skill-the number of people I've seen (although with some noticeable patterns) that will refuse to use their skill unless it's the last tier is both worrying and annoying.
And then... you have to sit around for 10-15 minutes between them.

So even when things work perfectly, they're an absolute pain.
And they aren't working perfectly. Half of them bug out and become uninteractable, and many of them don't show up properly on the fall even while at the Astralarium where you're meant to sit lookout for them.
So... yeah. Really needs a heap of work.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

LW is "fire and forget". They shot their load when it was released. They won't be revisiting it.

This. Kourna being the classic example as I think it released unfinished. And Thunderhead meta - esp south- has been needing some treatment for a long while.

Fire and forget is a good term for it 

• Like 1

They are perfectly timed for spvp matches if queues are not long. Match, brandstone meteor, match... And are actually a decent income if you have enough players for 5 marks. 

Anyway you can buy the mats on tp and get kralk through other sources. 

Never encoutered bugs. There are 2 types though, one spawn has different mechanics. 

2 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

They are perfectly timed for spvp matches if queues are not long. Match, brandstone meteor, match... And are actually a decent income if you have enough players for 5 marks. 

Anyway you can buy the mats on tp and get kralk through other sources. 

Never encoutered bugs. There are 2 types though, one spawn has different mechanics. 

I farmed this way for a bit, doing meteors between PvP matches. It only sort of works, because you’re not guaranteed the same instance when you get back from a match.

Sometimes you come back to a new meteor already landed and don’t get there in time. Sometimes you wait a while and get a new PvP match before the next meteor.

It’s better than just sitting on the telescope, though.

Edited by Gibson.4036

I did like two of these events and decided it wasn't worth it and did mind-numbing hearts on different chars and bought the other thing from TP. One of those concepts that probably sounded good for a map that is the newest stuff and is booming with people, but becomes completely awful as time goes on and interest dwindles. They seem to have repeated that mistake with LW more than once. Dry Top is a similar design issue, where early on in the map's life, the sandstorm chests would get called out and made it more of a team effort to find them. Now your best bet is turning labels on and/or using an addon to know spawn points.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Have both sets completed. Never bothered to farm the meteors. I sometimes did them if I happened to be on the map and wasn't doing anything else. Kralktite has a bunch of sources and both powdered and intact rose quartz can be bought.

If you don't like the meteor events then good news! You can do just about anything else and buy them.

If you do like the meteor events then things should be fine...are you in some sort of "like but not really" relationship with the meteor events?

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Have both sets completed. Never bothered to farm the meteors. I sometimes did them if I happened to be on the map and wasn't doing anything else. Kralktite has a bunch of sources and both powdered and intact rose quartz can be bought.

If you don't like the meteor events then good news! You can do just about anything else and buy them.

If you do like the meteor events then things should be fine...are you in some sort of "like but not really" relationship with the meteor events?

Personally, if one didn’t need so very much rose quartz, I wouldn’t have a problem with the meteors. Their design seems to spring from the idea that people would do them in and around other things in the zone.

Unfortunately, the quantity required to make the required weapons for the achievement is so large that one has thoroughly exhausted the other content in the zone before ever reaching enough rose quartz.

That means it’s guaranteed to turn into a farm where one just grinds out meteors. Ideally, farming is something people have the option of doing  to speed up getting something, but general play will get you there slower. I find it hard to see how anyone would spend enough time in this one zone to get all the quartz apart from specifically farming it.

Which really leaves the home node. In general, home nodes seem to be designed to be a convenience way to slowly get mats on the side of the normal acquisition. They typically are a losing proposition for a very long time after purchase.

And yes, one can buy the quartz in the TP. I gave up after a weapon and a half of meteor farming and did just that. I expect, based on my farming experience, that the vast majority of rose quartz on the TP is from people mining their home nodes. Which means that’s the main source of it in the game. Which just seems odd.

The design of meteors looks to me like it made some sense when the content was fresh, but at this point it has aged into clunkiness.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 1:01 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

Personally, if one didn’t need so very much rose quartz, I wouldn’t have a problem with the meteors. Their design seems to spring from the idea that people would do them in and around other things in the zone.

Unfortunately, the quantity required to make the required weapons for the achievement is so large that one has thoroughly exhausted the other content in the zone before ever reaching enough rose quartz.

That means it’s guaranteed to turn into a farm where one just grinds out meteors. Ideally, farming is something people have the option of doing  to speed up getting something, but general play will get you there slower. I find it hard to see how anyone would spend enough time in this one zone to get all the quartz apart from specifically farming it.

Which really leaves the home node. In general, home nodes seem to be designed to be a convenience way to slowly get mats on the side of the normal acquisition. They typically are a losing proposition for a very long time after purchase.

And yes, one can buy the quartz in the TP. I gave up after a weapon and a half of meteor farming and did just that. I expect, based on my farming experience, that the vast majority of rose quartz on the TP is from people mining their home nodes. Which means that’s the main source of it in the game. Which just seems odd.

The design of meteors looks to me like it made some sense when the content was fresh, but at this point it has aged into clunkiness.

Yeah, I've finally bothered getting started on the crafting grind and... yes you can buy the rose quartz, but as you say, it's probably only because of home instance waste product.
It's definitely a weird feeling doing meteors because you have to idle while things are actually happening and that feels bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1