What do you want for Guild Wars 2?

What next for GW2?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. The future of GW2 in your personal oppinion?

• A new LWS
    • A new Xpac
    • Nothing Really....
    • Not sure
    • It ended with the last Dragon
    • Potato

Story-wise I don't expect anything interesting. Ever since the end of Heart of Thorns and start of LS3 + everything after it has been pretty bad or average at best, but overall a 3-4 out of 10. This obviously won't change so it doesn't even matter anymore.

Gameplay-wise I'd love GW2 to slow down a bit and make gameplay less spammy, more focus on rotation rather than "click it when it's not on CD". Especially in PvP.

The thing I'd want the most tho would be scaling system for dungeons (and fractals if possible) allowing them to be cleared properly with 2 players, scaling up to 5. I'd love to play the old dungeons with just my gf, and maybe 1 more friend, without having to wait for hours for someone to pop-up in the LFG or the map chat. I'd even be okay with less rewards in fractals so long as I don't have to deal with salty "FRACTAL GOD" speedrunners that have drained the joy of that mode completely and have zero patience whatsoever.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I would hope there's another LW season at some point placed post EoD.

More generally, I'd like to see more attention to detail and less rushing out of experimental changes or systems. I want to have the confidence that changes are polished, even when I don't agree with them. I can respect them still when they are. When they aren't, it's hard to have confidence in the studio's work. I have enough familiarity with software to know you can't catch all bugs, but some things are just sloppy results that should have been checked more thoroughly. Like the dungeon currency thing that was supposed to make things better with number of wallet currencies and made a buggy and confusing vendor lock. Stuff like that makes me dread QOL changes instead of looking forward to them.

• Like 3

Pretty much what I want is update of many unused weapons, traits, utility skills. In my opinion this should be a big focus.
Not everything needs to be meta, but it should be fun, and currently a lot of skills are unused because they are too far to be usable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I voted new expansion, but there are many more things I'd love to see, including:

- A companion-like system that allows you to have your own characters follow your main and swap between your characters like we swap weapons or pets;

- More racial storyline and sidequests (similar to the first 3 chapters of the personal story), more cultural equipment such as armor and weapons, which could be rewards that came with those racial stories;

- At least 2 more festivals, one in the Grove and one in the Black Citadel; 

- More customization options, including new tattoos for norn, which we never got!

- An underwater map, similar to Joon's facility we see in End of Dragons;

- A new mount;

- At least 1 more batch of elite specializations;

Edited by TheLadyOfTheRings.9148
forgot to add more things
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Permanent Aurene mode for me and only me.

Aurene mode at the last story battle was SO ADDICTING. That last battle went by TOO FAST with mecha rifle pew pew pew lasers. In that moment, GW2 became a shoot'em up that I never thought it would become.

I think GW2 is missing some light-hearted counterpoint to the always-serious impending dragon doom.

I would like for us to visit:

-the underwater seas of the Largos a la Aquaman movie: lots of neon lights.

-a hidden-quaggan sea world to serve as comedic/cute relief

-adventures on Canach's airship - from Commander to Bounty Hunter? Cowboy Bebop?

-going back to the "guild wars" with descendants becoming heads of family houses that beef with each other in the present-day story

-Skiff GTA or rather Grand Skiff Auto: I want jack some else's Skiff for the lels. They can spawn a new one right?

-Fast and the Furious side story via beetle racing

-A carnival with pew pew pew shooting gallery in Aurene Mode.

In any instance, I just want post-dragon guild wars 2 to be an actual escape. I don't have any need to play a game that wants to echo reality.: I get enough of that in my 9 to 5.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Primarily, I want a revamped Warrior that is genuinely scary in melee combat.

I'd love an Open World path to getting Legendary Armour and back pieces.

I'd adore the ability to kill mobs by pushing them off of ledges.

Less focus on "Special Action Skills".

I'd also like ANet to re-examine level-scaling to make earlier content more challenging for high level players.

I'd love for less selling of "Quality of Life", instead making this stuff available to ALL players, while refocussing the gem store to make it purely about cosmetics. And I say this as a player who has spent a LOT on QoL.

Everyone should have bank access from everywhere.

Sylvari-themed mount skins and more bio-luminescent armour for our veggie friends ❤️

Griffon challenges in ALL maps!

A use for the turtle.

Jade Bots and their accessories to be account-wide unlocks and for the complete removal of the defensive and offensive buff stations from all maps, then mobs adjusted to accommodate.

Playable Skritt 😄

Failing that, an option to replace the automatic looting of the Core Tyria Mastery Advanced Logistics with a Skritt that runs around gathering everything for you all while squeeing about shinies.

• Like 3

I'm sure some people love it, but I am not really happy with the decision to bring LW Season 1 out directly after the expansion. Because I really wanted the next LW Season to be coming out instead of playing through ancient history that I already got a summary of and has no new zones.

And of course in the future I'd like another expansion, but hey. First it's better to fix what this expansion broke. And for the next expansion they should really consider not bringing out new elite specs but rather new professions. But that's my personal opinion of course.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, souleeter.5129 said:

I'd like the weapons that are locked into elite specs to be available to the core and the other elite specs of said profession. 

With the way things are baked into elite spec weapons, I have a hard time imagining how this could be done.

What would Axes of Symmetry do on Virtuoso? 

How would sword work on any Engie spec without Heat?

Sword would just use it's #3 of a single attunement on other Ele specs?

How would Rifle 1 work on thief specs without the ability to Mark targets? How would stealth attacks work without Malice?

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

A use for the turtle.

In case you're unaware, they do have one extremely useful niche: capturing bases in Drizzlewood. Their speed at destroying structures (especially if someone is on cannons) allows groups to deplete the enemy influence bar fast, without needing siege at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

In case you're unaware, they do have one extremely useful niche: capturing bases in Drizzlewood. Their speed at destroying structures (especially if someone is on cannons) allows groups to deplete the enemy influence bar fast, without needing siege at all.

Fair point; I should have been clear and specified a more general use. Even the bunny has better general purpose utility, with its knockdown dismount.

• Like 1

I said expansions, I want more paid content to happen for the game and I am going to get it so that's good.

But my main desire is to see a lot of that older content fixed up before we start moving on to new stories etc.

A lot of the older game is outdated, a little buggy at times and could use some TLC, and that includes some of the earlier living world seasons and expansion content as well.

Once that's done and Gw2 overall is a much better game for it, then we go into new stories and the big one for me is exploring the ocean and finding out what those "horrors" are that have been terrorizing the aquatic races all this time.

Other stories include what's next for the Dwarves, and will the Asura and Skritt desire to return to their underground ancestral homes, or at least rediscover explore them.

What will the political situation between the major races be like going forward now that there is no Elder Dragon threat to keep us "united"

Are we finally going to deal with what's left of other evil factions such as the Inquest and Nightmare Court.

And another big one is..  What happened to the Fissure of Woe after Balthazar pillaged his Eternal army's souls to create the Forged, and subsequently was defeated and killed..

Menzies Shadow Army clearly still exist as we can clearly see in LWS4 so it's quite likely that Menzies the mad, if still alive (which he likely is).. has or will finally conquer the Fissure and claim the realm for himself.

Menzies is the last of the evil god triarchy created by the alliance between Menzies, Abaddon and Dhuum.

That makes Menzies one of the most powerful known remaining evil entities left whom could become a major antagonist in future content, more so if he starts gaining followers among Balthazars former worshipers.

Considering we've never even seen Menzies in the franchise so far that would make him a pretty awesome candidate for a future antagonist and story as he would be both an old enemy but also a very new one to experience.

Suffice to say there's a lot of potential left in Gw2, and I want to see it all achieved.

And yes, I also finally want to go visit the Wizards Tower lol

Come on.. you can't put something like that in a game, keep it in the game cross sequel and not let me go explore it.. D-move Anet.

D-move lol

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Fair point; I should have been clear and specified a more general use. Even the bunny has better general purpose utility, with its knockdown dismount.

Ah right, I can see your point. I think the problem is it's built pretty much to be a relatively slow moving siege weapon and that's it, and there are few areas in the game that actually matters. I wonder if you have any thoughts on general use it could be given to go beyond its highly niche capability. I've never thought about it much myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

With the way things are baked into elite spec weapons, I have a hard time imagining how this could be done.

What would Axes of Symmetry do on Virtuoso? 

How would sword work on any Engie spec without Heat?

Sword would just use it's #3 of a single attunement on other Ele specs?

How would Rifle 1 work on thief specs without the ability to Mark targets? How would stealth attacks work without Malice?

Well with maybe a little imagination you can add blade regen to Axes of Symmetry for Virtuoso, for engi, erm, it would work like a sword!? Ele would act like a sword again. For thief, well you wouldn't be marking anything would you just damage like on war rifle etc.

I get you want the synergy but don't forget that you can use weapons without using the specific spec for that weapon. 

Edited by souleeter.5129

@Labjax.2465 :

It's difficult; they broke from a pretty well defined structure with the turtle.

All prior mounts have a dismount attack, but no other combat utility. The turtle doesn't follow this template, instead focussing on being a multi-rider mount and trying to provide utility in combat instead of just acting as an initiator.

And it can't even do that well, as it takes up two players who would be more effective not mounted.

If they take away its combat utility and instead give it a dismount attack, it loses its appeal as a multi-rider mount (it's not fast enough to act as a taxi for players who haven't unlocked mounts yet).

If they buff its effectiveness in combat, they risk making it too powerful.

All in all, it feels like it exists purely because marketing insisted that every new expansion from now on must include a new mount, without taking into account that all the best mount niches were already occupied.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Replying to Labjax
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I said expansions, I want more paid content to happen for the game and I am going to get it so that's good.

But my main desire is to see a lot of that older content fixed up before we start moving on to new stories etc.

A lot of the older game is outdated, a little buggy at times and could use some TLC, and that includes some of the earlier living world seasons and expansion content as well.

Once that's done and Gw2 overall is a much better game for it, then we go into new stories and the big one for me is exploring the ocean and finding out what those "horrors" are that have been terrorizing the aquatic races all this time.

Other stories include what's next for the Dwarves, and will the Asura and Skritt desire to return to their underground ancestral homes, or at least rediscover explore them.

What will the political situation between the major races be like going forward now that there is no Elder Dragon threat to keep us "united"

Are we finally going to deal with what's left of other evil factions such as the Inquest and Nightmare Court.

And another big one is..  What happened to the Fissure of Woe after Balthazar pillaged his Eternal army's souls to create the Forged, and subsequently was defeated and killed..

Menzies Shadow Army clearly still exist as we can clearly see in LWS4 so it's quite likely that Menzies the mad, if still alive (which he likely is).. has or will finally conquer the Fissure and claim the realm for himself.

Menzies is the last of the evil god triarchy created by the alliance between Menzies, Abaddon and Dhuum.

That makes Menzies one of the most powerful known remaining evil entities left whom could become a major antagonist in future content, more so if he starts gaining followers among Balthazars former worshipers.

Considering we've never even seen Menzies in the franchise so far that would make him a pretty awesome candidate for a future antagonist and story as he would be both an old enemy but also a very new one to experience.

Suffice to say there's a lot of potential left in Gw2, and I want to see it all achieved.

And yes, I also finally want to go visit the Wizards Tower lol

Come on.. you can't put something like that in a game, keep it in the game cross sequel and not let me go explore it.. D-move Anet.

D-move lol

Menzies could be the new bad guy dealer of impending doom. Why not?

Wizard's Tower needs have a sorcerer like Magician Faust in the old PS rpg Legend of Dragoon. Solo Battle. Weekly Reset. He could be a shape-shifting mage who would change class type based on your class spec and would be a puzzle to beat every time. Casts debuffs to whatever you are using in terms of food, armor, weapon, etc. Have a unique and complex game mechanic that also changes based on your characteristics too.

GW2 these days is more into instanced content so maybe that's the way to go.

I want them to have more interesting things in the store in terms of skins. We are no where near Korean MMO skin monetization and I want the game to stay alive.

• Like 2