Guard shield-5 instant knockback with no tell

Earth Shield 4 with no tell

Elixir s +mistform invuln stomp

QUICKNESS HERALD?! AGAIN!!

Teleports in the middle of other attacks (JI,UT, etc(

Smokescale

Ancient Seeds

Unnerfed harbinger

Harbinger skills too hard to distinguish (pistol 3, shroud 5)

Ring of fear having no indication of friendly or enemy

CPC and Harb shroud 5 not being obvious enough

Thief blind Spam

Distortion/blur

Mirage not being designed with PvP in mind

Unkillable vindicators

I would list warrior issues but I have another thread for that.

Oh yeah and QUICKNESS HERALD!

IF QUICKNESS IS SHAREABLE IN PVP ALL SKILLS NEED TO TAKE LONGER TO CAST BY DEFAULT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Some point you need to realize that no amount of nerfing stuff will make you better at the game.

At some point you realize no amount of putting others down on the internet will fill that hole in your heart that aches for human connection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Herald is stupid why is this class viable again, sigh. Evade spamming invuln spamming class, worse than the old stance Warrior because shiro is evade spam galore, and glint has blinds from time to time which is still annoying

Chrono Moa reset so annoying too

Necro still tanky and obnoxious

Mechanist basically another Ranger

Ranger still ranger. Same with guard

Tempest stunlock

Bladesworn isn't really Warrior, but if this gets gutted Warrior won't have a good build, zero build variety class that's pidgeonholed like always. Also stability spam basically the cousin of evade/blind spam (Seriously stop using stun dragon, daring dragon stability spam is stronger and the constant cleanse from cleansing ire + adrenal health infinitely up + mobility ASSUMING it doesn't bug feels nice in sPvP since daring dragon resets the dragon stance)

Just bring back pre-hot 2015 in a private server, somebody. I miss landing big casting times on Warrior and feel rewarded.

Edited by tunococman.7324
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Because Rev is a class favored by the best players and the best players tend to go to shadow meetings.

Thus we get pulsing quickness on Herald and Unkillable Vindicators.

Vindicator and Herald, both iframe spammers. Very annoying tbh.

My OP BsW effective hp can't even keep up its just annoying :Kappa:

Iframes needs to be checked sigh.

Edited by tunococman.7324

Well ... that's what makes it fun - imo. At the moment I play rifle mechanist. And as full dps/glasscannon. 😄 (Supposedly it only works at lower tier ... but I am more of a noob.) And I like the movement skill from rifle, then signet (stun break + movement) - and the mech.

For premade teams it actually would offer a lot of options to find good combinations. With randoms (and only 1-2 players allowed to queue) ... and matchmaking that can't take team composition into account (at best it can try to avoid more of 2 classes in the same team and having similar ones in the other team - but does not now about the builds) of course it is a problem. Everyone wants everything balanced for 1 vs. 1 ideally.

Or for the team matches ... to be not tooo strong so it won't be a problem if there are oddly balanced team compositions. I'd still prefer a loadout system ha ha, lol. (With you allowed to select a few different builds ... of even different professions. Like with the shooters games where you could at each respawn chose another class - maybe reacting in game to different enemy strategies and trying something different. The 2 vs. 2 death matches allow - but there I do not really care at all - in between the rounds - at least to modify the build a lil bit.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

13 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Flashbang

Trapper runes

Smokescale

Ancient Seeds

Unnerfed harbinger

CPC and Harb shroud 5 not being obvious enough

Thief blind Spam

Distortion/blur

Unkillable vindicators

IF QUICKNESS IS SHAREABLE IN PVP ALL SKILLS NEED TO TAKE LONGER TO CAST BY DEFAULT.

Earth shield 4 has a pretty obvious animation, not sure if trolling

List of things I'm baffled are still in game:

- 300s CD traits.

- Lich form/Tornado/Rampage/Elixir X

- Racial skills 🤣

- Stealth with no drawback

- Warrior

- Vampiric presence (I'm genuinely surprised that it wasn't transformed into a "periodically grant regen" trait on the last patch)

- "Instant" rally skills like signet of mercy/signet of undeath/Glyph of renewal/Battle standard/Illusion of life

- Skills/bundle providing all boons (elixir of ambition/consume plasma)

- Warrior's downed skill: vengeance

- Out of avatar Glyph of unity (Impressive that this "retaliation" effect is still there)

- Shocking aura/magnetic aura

- Ranger's downed skill lick wounds not being interupted on disabling the pet.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hellz.3058 said:

Earth shield 4 has a pretty obvious animation, not sure if trolling

Try playing in a large teamfight where effects are going off like crazy  and an ele uses this. Really hard to see without some kind of ground telegraph.

list of things I'm baffled are still in the game:

Players.

each balance patch is just nerf after nerf, all of the builds i enjoyed are dead, even my niche hammer warrior was murdered years ago, and now i'm just shocked that anyone sticks around when everything we enjoy is nerfed away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

So you're saying  you lack empathy for people playing classes they enjoy but are disproportionately punished by a trait. Got it.

So quick to call me out. LOL.

You're telling this to the guy that has actually had issues with original Flashbang. Current Flashbang is a joke in comparison. Especially since they've gone and hurt things like Explosives Holosmith while trying to cull off Bunker Mechanist. (Shield 4 and Shield 5 CD.)

I'm the guy who has been latched onto Power (Core) Mesmer/Power (Core) Elementalist when the meta most definitely disproportionately punishes the two setups. Power Mesmer lacks cleanse to handle all the Weakness that has been in the meta off and on. Power Elementalist less-so had issues in the meta due to Fire providing cleanse on aura and providing its own Weakness in addition to Protection from CCing while in Earth and swapping to Earth but has such a squishy health pool and lack of reliable skills.

Assuming my lack of empathy isn't valid when I know all too well what the issues are in the meta. You're attacking someone who is trying to beat the drum that Anet needs to fix their game.

15 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Flashbang

Only used by a build that is currently in the gutters compared to other Power setups on other professions. Only really frustrating if using Rifle Mechanist to auto attack away or Tools/Explosives Holosmith to constantly reset Explosive Entrance- but this build is fairly squishy and requires timing A.E.D.

Trapper runes

Only provides 1 second of stealth, provides 3 seconds of Superspeed. (I can see it being annoying and could actually argue this being removed since it's holding back Dragonhunter from getting a proper rework that it needs.)

It is an annoying skill and takes lots of experience to know when this will be used. I would actually argue to get a CD increase- maybe. But instant knockback is fine since it doesn't do damage unless they set up a combo to be able to.

This is an issue with the animation being shared with Earth Shield 2, audio cue being identical. It has a very obvious tell otherwise. Changing the animation would be nice however. Or just changing Earth Shield 2 to look like Warrior block would do. 

This is completely fine as most professions have a way to counter this anyway. Thief can teleport away, Mesmer can teleport away, Elementalist can also Mistform away. Using a defensive utility to secure a stomp is a viable play. Giving skills multiple ways to be used is an amazing feature that should exist in more games.

Again? Original Herald was getting Quickness when using their Phase Transversal (3s of Quickness/12s CD/35 energy) and Brutality (3s Quickness/9s CD). The Quickness from Herald right now is legitimately only 3/4s and practically only affects Facets in most cases. Herald is still heavily countered by plenty of the current meta specializations due to its sensitivity to conditions.

Using an instant cast teleport to combo skills is a fair mechanic. It would feel far too linear and everyone would leave if you couldn't do combos with skills. Mesmer, Elementalist, Untamed, and Guardian would go down the drain due to the fact their current builds are dependent on being able to precast skills then port on someone. (It also requires things going all according to plan.)

Smokescale

Very annoying CC with an insane reach, valid complaint.

Ancient Seeds

Definitely annoying but easy to counter since you can auto attack vines, port out of them, cleanse them, Resistance against them, etc. If you stun break LB 4 against a Druid quick enough the vines won't even hit you most times. The trait requires them to CC and then hit you.

Unnerfed harbinger

Harbinger's issue isn't Harbinger. It's Death Magic and Weakness access. The mechanics of how Death's Carapace provides up to 300 Toughness, Corruptor's Fervor providing permanent Protection while above 25 stacks, Dark Defiance reducing incoming Condition Damage by -20%, and having the passive Beyond the Veil providing an additional -10% (multiplying to 22.2%) makes for a very tanky build. Slap on the fact that Pistol 3 has AoE Weakness, Dagger 5 has AoE Weakness, Corrosive Poison Cloud has AoE Weakness, entering Shroud, due to Weakening Shroud, provides PBAoE Weakness, corrupting Might (which everyone has) provides additional Weakness... Harbinger without these things is incredibly squishy.

Shroud 5 has a bug where the AoE doesn't show up and has had it since the Beta iirc. Pistol 3 is quite annoying to notice, probably could use a more obvious projectile, make it glow neon green or something.

Fair point. Probably would make sense for it to be duller in color if allied Ring vs not allied.

CPC and Harb shroud 5 not being obvious enough (See above.)

CPC has been recently nerfed due to overperforming. It's pretty difficult to see compared to other projectile blocks but has a noticeable red ring around it. Could possibly brighten the cloud to enemies.

Thief blind Spam

I'm assuming you're referring to the recent change with Shadow Arts making access to blind much easier. It's definitely not fun but it does have counters such as projectile block and the radii for these skills being small normally. Blind on Thief does need looked at at some point due to the abundance.

Distortion/blur

Distortion prevents the ability to capture the node and is Mesmer's main way to sustain due to lack of access to things such as Resolution/Protection. Blurred is Sword 2's make or break, it's just an evade. Blurred Inscriptions is definitely annoying to play into though regardless of what class plays into it. Unfortunately Anet hasn't given Mesmer better options so we're stuck doing our version of SA Thief.

They removed a dodge from Mirage due to how powerful its mechanic was. It's currently much weaker than it was before. Staff Mirage is pretty easy to avoid since it's stuck babysitting sidenodes. GS Mirage is basically using the dodge mechanic to use GS Ambush for team fights and the dodge for being able to cast GS 2 combos without being interrupted. We lack abilities to restore endurance without Sigil of Energy due to our limited duration of Vigor. (1.5s on Shatter; doesn't scale with clones, 3s on critical hit in Dueling; 10s CD).

Unkillable vindicators

Glitchy dodge, high uptime on evades, blocks, higher damage coefficients. These are valid points but it isn't as easy as it used to be. You can interrupt their heals pretty easily now.

If you're saying Warrior is OP- I don't know what to tell you. Bladesworn is pretty obnoxious due to Shouts healing for so much and dealing solid damage but otherwise it's a nonissue due to how easy it is to get away from a Bladesworn.

See above.

Just adjust the duration of Quickness better and provide better counters to boons.

Just as a sidenote... Kinda strange that Willbender's burst damage wasn't mentioned here. Nor was Whirling Light. 🤨