Harvest Temple CM <1%

5 minutes ago, triada.6245 said:

Yoy dont even know mechanic

Nope, you just missed my edit, and yes, it has been a long time.

To cut this short: you don't like the fight, others do. I don;t think anet will change their approach, but I do think not ever CM will be HT CM style, so there is that.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Haha 1

111 enjoyers got a story instance, wannabe raiders without proper gear or rotation got NM and  people that want to tryhard and improve got the CM. Seems fair to me. It's ok to have content that won't be easily farmed each week. Heck, I'm still waiting for a ''chorus in the void'' title for those that killed Dhuum CM multiple times, to differentiate themselves from the low-lives that buy it 😛

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, CasualElitist.8795 said:

I also like this fight as well as my whole static and pretty much whole raid community, omg are u lying? 😮

Back to the topic name "less than 1%". Dont be upset, but raid community is way bigger than that. And even from this 1% a lot of ppl who hate it. If you personally feel yourself good or "elite" by killing a rabbit with ridiculously high characteristics, dont project it on others please

• Confused 1

On 7/16/2022 at 3:44 PM, Wolfshade.9251 said:

people that want to tryhard and improve got the CM

Thats the problem, people who want to tryhard and improve instead of interesting challenging encounter got nothing but boring gg simulator, with old mechanics integrated

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, triada.6245 said:

Thats the problem, people who want to tryhard and improve instead of interesting challenging encounter got nothing but boring gg simulator, with old mechanics integrated

Players that want challenging content but cant do HT CM have plenty of fights all down to Shiverpeaks strike. Everything doesnt need to be balanced for you.

• Like 1

The entire game is targeted against your kind of audience, finally the hardcore gamers get something and you complain.
I would say how you even got the nerve to write this BS after years of neglection. Raiders did not had ANY new contents for over 3 years is it? And your crowd has new kitten every 3 months give or take.

• Confused 1

The problem with the OP's post is the actual population doing HT CM is likely alot less than 1%. The game has tens of millions of accounts and around 600,000 active players daily, so even if 100 players are doing HT CM daily (which is ten full squads and a pretty generous assumption at that) that's more like 0.01%.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2022 at 6:47 AM, Heibi.4251 said:

I'm happy to hear and congratulate the very few groups that have beaten the Harvest Temple CM. However, I must ask ANET, are you aiming to create content for less  than 1% of the game's population? With so few clears of this content, which I do applaud as challenging content, have you even considered that you have lost focus on the rest of GW2. You bent over backwards to create and introduction to Raids, yet you created a CM that is even harder than Doom CM. Seriously, that is not an intro to Raids. You've bypassed Raid CM difficulty. Very few will be able to complete this CM, yet you spent so much time on it. I look back at Dragons End META before you adjusted and toned it down. The groups, 30 total people, have cleared this out of tens of thousands of players. Are you really going to target your releases at less than 1% of the population? Sure there is a path now, but is it desired repeatable content or just simply "I want to complete it so I can get the achievement/title" content? Look inward.

This is very frustrating and I must also add that the improvement they have made for the raids is not enough, having that extra power does not make you have a good knowledge of the boss that in many of the raids is what it is about, they should open the maps and put playable content where you can do a dragon stance-type meta-event and of course the rewards are much more limited, for example that the last boss only gives you a single reward. In this way people can learn the mechanics easily.

Regarding the harvest time issue, this type of complicated content is absurd in which you have to learn a thousand things by heart and have very good playability, there have to be several levels of difficulty so that people can play all the content , obviously being at a lower level of difficulty viable for everyone .

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, vanisimo.1096 said:

This is very frustrating and I must also add that the improvement they have made for the raids is not enough, having that extra power does not make you have a good knowledge of the boss that in many of the raids is what it is about, they should open the maps and put playable content where you can do a dragon stance-type meta-event and of course the rewards are much more limited, for example that the last boss only gives you a single reward. In this way people can learn the mechanics easily.

That's what trainings are for. You aren't supposed to go in and 1 shot everything. In fact you probably even can for most encounters by now, if you are an experienced player. This has little to do with specific mechanics but rather a lack of general mechanic and game understanding of players new to raids.

That's why players who WvW or do fractal CMs have a far easier time to adapt to raids, and it had nothing to do with practicing specific mechanics beforehand. You practice those mechanics at the actual encounter, now with heavily buffed up health and damage stats at that (which invalidate most mechanics in W1-4 anyway).

Regarding the harvest time issue, this type of complicated content is absurd in which you have to learn a thousand things by heart and have very good playability, there have to be several levels of difficulty so that people can play all the content , obviously being at a lower level of difficulty viable for everyone .

Yes, this content is not for everyone. I'd say it's only for very few players or rather only very few players would take it on them to bring the coordination, practice and extended will to memorize a fight to this extent.

There are several levels of difficulty:

- story mode with aurenes buff

- story mode without aurenes buff

- normal mode

- challenge mode

How many more difficulty levels are there supposed to be? You are never going to get one which fits every player perfectly, simply because every player already has their very own understanding of what they consider difficult or fun to work on.

I mean sure, they could split the strike 10 man mode into even more difficulties: normal, challenge, supreme challenge, ultra challenge, etc. and even then you'd still get players who demand a mode were made just for them because the one they are content with clearing and the one they deem themselves worthy of clearing are not one and the same.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Yes, this content is not for everyone. I'd say it's only for very few players or rather only very few players would take it on them to bring the coordination, practice and extended will to memorize a fight to this extent.

Doubt Anet will make any more THAT difficult content. Let's be honest here, Anet needs to satisfy people who spend a lot of money, not 500 eur/month

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Doubt Anet will make any more THAT difficult content. Let's be honest here, Anet needs to satisfy people who spend a lot of money, not 500 eur/month

No probably not, I believe the other strike CMs are a good indicator of what we will see in the future difficulty wise. I also think not every CM has to be equally difficult. Give players some nuance there as well.

Still, this 1 piece of content made more buzz and news than most other content of the last years combined. The last time I recall this much attention was probably during ERP3, which also built on mastery of content far beyond what most players are capable or willing to do (9-mann race of raid wings and CMs). Players who spend 500 Euro per month do so more willingly on a game which is popular and receives a lot (or some type) of attention I'd guess.

So while I don't think we will see regular HT CMs, I do think/hope the developers are taking challenging instanced content more serious as something to provide on a regular basis (and regular can be very subjective, but ideally not every few years).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, vanisimo.1096 said:

But that is exactly what the devs did for EoD. All of the encounters have an easy mode version as part of the story, which is supposed to be beatable for all players, as well as progressively more difficult versions in the strike mission normal mode and challenge mode.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

But that is exactly what the devs did for EoD. All of the encounters have an easy mode version as part of the story, which is supposed to be beatable for all players, as well as progressively more difficult versions in the strike mission normal mode and challenge mode.

Honestly, that should have been used in raids. Might have saved them before they became dead content that has no use after crafting legendary trinket/armour

• Confused 1

I think people are looking at it the wrong way. The CM is a Challenge Mode, its there for the people that find everything else a cakewalk,it is for people that want to throw themselves at a challenge. I think the reverse is most everything in the game is pretty easy, so for players to get some hard to master content is a good thing.

• Like 2

If you are interested in Challenge, you think game is too easy and there is not enough difficult content. Withal, you OK with the way how HT CM making it diffucult, try raiding these ways:

Try raiding with fewer players.
Try reducing the quality of your gear to masterwork or fine.
Try without a gear at all.
Change stats from berserk and viper to ministrel or giver.
Change your traits to something new, not as efficient.

You can try one of these, or all at once. I guarantee, you will get the challenge you have been looking for. Real challenge that you truly deserve. Because lets be fair, you are too good for this game.

Edited by triada.6245

On 7/13/2022 at 9:47 PM, Heibi.4251 said:

I'm happy to hear and congratulate the very few groups that have beaten the Harvest Temple CM. However, I must ask ANET, are you aiming to create content for less  than 1% of the game's population? With so few clears of this content, which I do applaud as challenging content, have you even considered that you have lost focus on the rest of GW2. You bent over backwards to create and introduction to Raids, yet you created a CM that is even harder than Doom CM. Seriously, that is not an intro to Raids. You've bypassed Raid CM difficulty. Very few will be able to complete this CM, yet you spent so much time on it. I look back at Dragons End META before you adjusted and toned it down. The groups, 30 total people, have cleared this out of tens of thousands of players. Are you really going to target your releases at less than 1% of the population? Sure there is a path now, but is it desired repeatable content or just simply "I want to complete it so I can get the achievement/title" content? Look inward.

I agree with you here but i feel they could make both sets of players happy, which i think is really important. You want the content on a level most people feel it's worth engaging in, but give elite players a chance to prove themselves and also flaut it, as they're your content creators, i would rework strike cms as follows:

1) make a CM mode that is a "normal raid" difficulty

2) make mutually exclusive cms that are incredibly difficult like ht cm. I.e. it's its own cm and acts like a unique version of the encounter.  Release these seasonally for various strikes at least every 6 months, even if there are no new strikes recently released.

And as a way to encourage high end play, they could make the first clear race an event kind of like a pvp tournament: the first 3 unique groups from unique guilds to beat the encounter get a legendary choice box.

They could even make an in-game global tracker like they've done for other events so everyone is aware they're going on. 

Leave the unique cms around, perhaps with slightly higher rewards than a normal cm, but the main purpose of the uniquely hard cms would be for practice for the next one. 

They could even use systems like the WvW alliance system to allow players to declare which guild they're trying to win the race for. And optionally send rewards (but perhaps not a full blown legendary) to all members of the guilds that tried and won one of the top 3 spots so as to encourage collaboration and teamwork across more than just the 10 players. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I agree with you here but i feel they could make both sets of players happy, which i think is really important. You want the content on a level most people feel it's worth engaging in, but give elite players a chance to prove themselves and also flaut it, as they're your content creators, i would rework strike cms as follows:

1) make a CM mode that is a "normal raid" difficulty

2) make mutually exclusive cms that are incredibly difficult like ht cm. I.e. it's its own cm and acts like a unique version of the encounter.  Release these seasonally for various strikes at least every 6 months, even if there are no new strikes recently released.

It took them 7 years to add simple easy mode buff into raids and you expect them to add a 3rd difficulty into strikes? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2