Most unusual place you found someone in GW2?

Hard to say because gw2 maps are designed to make every place useful... so even in old, core JP's i find people. now even more with fishing making lakes/watery 'useful' place.

The real hard question is where u never find anyone. my case for example, i like rata sun port to comtemplate some "endless ocean at edge of world" feel, then i never seem anyone there.

when i was doing some screenshots, i visited some "mansions" in DR, also i never seem anyone there.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1

I was looking for coins in the Ember Bay jumping puzzle and had gotten way off track from the JP route. An Asura comes skipping across the peaks, stops, and asks what I’m doing. 

After I explain, he leads me back to the JP path, shows me where the coin is, then asks if I want to finish out the JP. After I say, “sure”, he then proceeds to lead me on a route over the tops of the peaks on some crazy shortcut.

I was amazed that someone spends so much time up there that they know all that terrain so well.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I was looking for coins in the Ember Bay jumping puzzle and had gotten way off track from the JP route. An Asura comes skipping across the peaks, stops, and asks what I’m doing. 

After I explain, he leads me back to the JP path, shows me where the coin is, then asks if I want to finish out the JP. After I say, “sure”, he then proceeds to lead me on a route over the tops of the peaks on some crazy shortcut.

I was amazed that someone spends so much time up there that they know all that terrain so well.

The people who hang out at Chalice and help out are such an amazing part of this community. I've had to do it 3 different times for achievements and I only did it myself once on a mesmer with taco cause I wanted to give it a real try. The other times there was either somebody advertising help with it, including token locations sometimes, or it was like your story where I was attempting it and somebody came by and offered to guide through it.

There was also a time I was knocking out some JPs for achievement points and I was doing Fawcett's Bounty and happened to end up doing it at about the same pace as another mesmer (I was on my mesmer too). At the ship part with the beams, they ran ahead and fell, so I put down a port, jumped down, and helped them back up. Then they made it to the ship, I fell into the water, and they offered to help me get onto the ship (which I took graciously). It was great spontaneous teamwork.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I always wonder why bloodstone Fen is soo populated. Its one of the most easy maps to fully unlock every achievement, skin and material that im surprised how many people are always in that map. 

Could be because it is soo small, and you notice more people. Or because of Aurora. But still.. why are people there? Xd 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Aurora's Remains since ANet tied the events in that place to legendary collections.

The top of the Temple of Dwayna (great spot for griffon flying).

Anya's Strawberry Garden in Diessa Plateau - this thing is listed in so many "secret areas in gw2"-videos nowadays. And it is part of the Guild Treks.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1) Under the map in Lion's Arch. There was a bug which could drop you through the floor and as I was swimming around checking out the underside of all the buildings I met someone doing the exact same thing.

2) Way, way up in the sky above Echovald Wilds. You can get surprisingly high up on a skyscale, to the point where you can't even see some of the buildings, let alone the ground. As far as I know there's nothing to find or do that high up, it's kind of like being under a map, but flying. And again as I was looking around, figuring out routes from tree branch to tree branch which didn't lose too much height I find someone else doing the same. We briefly exchanged notes, confirming neither of us had found anything up there.

Both times it was kind of cool to find other people enjoying what is arguably one of the most pointless activities in GW2.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Anya's Strawberry Garden in Diessa Plateau - this thing is listed in so many "secret areas in gw2"-videos nowadays. And it is part of the Guild Treks.

It definitely became a lot more populated after EOD launch when people needed to feed their turtle.

• Like 4

I once got behind the geometry of Tangled Depths while trying to find the (intended, non-wall-breaking) path, got so turned around that I couldn't even find my way back to the spot I'd broken in from... and ran across some other poor soul back there who'd apparently done the same thing.

We never did find the way out 😭 we eventually just gave up and waypointed, lol.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I love Anya's stawberry patch! I like to sit there when I'm doing other stuff and listen to her hum away, it's sweet.

Also (if it counts) the cat boat in Crystal Oasis, it's a sweet little addition.

I also like the top right corner of the Lost Precipice guild hall, there's a sort of house-like structure with a fountain/waterfall inside that's nice (and a Melandru like shrine on the left border of the map somewhere too).

And in the Isle of Reflection guild hall you can glitch through walls using some decorations - all of the house structures have interiors, so you can make little houses inside (and use a djinn portal as a door) - I really enjoyed making a secret little house :3

There's probably a lot more areas that I can't remember right now!

OOH! In the Grove! There's a hidden place in the Garden of Dawn (you can access it by going underwater in one of the small pools there, and there is a tunnel to a little hidden area). It's so beautiful and peaceful there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

the Lost Precipice guild hall

I liked your entire post, but there is something about Lost Precipice that makes it special for me. I spent a great deal of time there when I still belonged to a guild that used it. I wish I could put my finger on what the place does for me, and was always kind of surprised to find myself alone there.

But one time I encountered a member I didn't know, quietly playing an instrument near the shallows at the bottom. I greeted them, and told them how nice it was to see another soul in one of my favorite places. I won't likely forget their response: "What better place to play music than with the weight of centuries and civilizations all around you?"  :classic_smile:

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I always wonder why bloodstone Fen is soo populated. Its one of the most easy maps to fully unlock every achievement, skin and material that im surprised how many people are always in that map. 

Could be because it is soo small, and you notice more people. Or because of Aurora. But still.. why are people there? Xd 

Well blood ruby trinkets are one of the few stat resetable ascended out there.

• Like 6

On 7/17/2022 at 7:33 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Oh wow ... Where to begin. First of all it's a really beautifully well designed zone. Secondly there's so much easy to get useful mats to gather. There's a treasure mushroom that seems to be there almost constantly. There are loads of collections that require you to do stuff there, it's fun! I could go on but these are the main points! 

Edited by Tiamat.8254
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:33 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Blood Rubies are still one of the better map resources you can gather, as they are used to make the Blood Ruby Backpack, Band (ring) and Pendant (amulet), which are the only open world accessories that can be rerolled outside of legendaries.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Blood Rubies are still one of the better map resources you can gather, as they are used to make the Blood Ruby Backpack, Band (ring) and Pendant (amulet), which are the only open world accessories that can be rerolled outside of legendaries.

I didnt know about that reroll. Interesting. 

11 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

Oh wow ... Where to begin. First of all it's a really beautifully well designed zone. Secondly there's so much easy to get useful mats to gather. There's a treasure mushroom that seems to be there almost constantly. There are loads of collections that require you to do stuff there, it's fun! I could go on but these are the main points! 

Not that i don't like the map. It's fantastic to play. Bit i dont usually tend to go to places where i finished everything. 

Still soo much to do in other maps lol

Edited by Cronospere.8143

3 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I didnt know about that reroll. Interesting. 

Not that i don't like the map. It's fantastic to play. Bit i dont usually tend to go to places where i finished everything. 

Still soo much to do in other maps lol

I find that I forget things or find something new. It's odd. But I understand 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 10:23 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

That's Grupp, the MountainManAsura.  He eats bear jerky made from the carcasses of bears who starved because their bearbow owners fell into the abyss.

As for strangest encounter, it's not the location so much as the circumstance.  I met a sylvari who was trapped in the veteran troll cave in Queensdale.  She said her friend helped her get in there, but was left behind when the gate closed, and she was too timid and nonthreatening to leave.  

I just kinda blinked...

I used the mechanical thingy to open the gate and took a step out expecting the player to follow me.

the sylvari /cried.

I wasn't sure what to do so I left her in there.

Legends say....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, Lottie.5370 said:

I love Anya's stawberry patch! I like to sit there when I'm doing other stuff and listen to her hum away, it's sweet.

Also (if it counts) the cat boat in Crystal Oasis, it's a sweet little addition.

I also like the top right corner of the Lost Precipice guild hall, there's a sort of house-like structure with a fountain/waterfall inside that's nice (and a Melandru like shrine on the left border of the map somewhere too).

And in the Isle of Reflection guild hall you can glitch through walls using some decorations - all of the house structures have interiors, so you can make little houses inside (and use a djinn portal as a door) - I really enjoyed making a secret little house :3

There's probably a lot more areas that I can't remember right now!

OOH! In the Grove! There's a hidden place in the Garden of Dawn (you can access it by going underwater in one of the small pools there, and there is a tunnel to a little hidden area). It's so beautiful and peaceful there.

Thanks.

Oh, I gotta see this.

I really like hidden places like the one you're describing.

58 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

Up at blue keep vista in EB (WvW) 🙂 I thought I was the only completionist that bothers completing those vistas

Now that you mentioned it.

Once, in Alpine Borderlands, went all the way north and started going south, keeping westwards. 

Came across a skritt cave.

All of the times I played in ABD, I never, ever seen anyone go over there, except this once.

An enemy player farming on skritt.

I just went pass them, and they completely ignore me and carried on with their business.

I stopped to see if they were doing something constructive, but then thought that the player in question must really hate skritt and just has a personal score to settle.

Never went back to see if they continue to genocide skritt.

So I often wonder, are they murdering skritt still?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Way back in 2013 (pre gliding and mounts), myself and two of my fellow Triple Trouble commanders from GW2Community were in Sparkfly Fen exploring out of bounds following the map border after chancing upon a way up onto the cliff bordering the map. Curious as to how far we could go, we set off. We'd started at a point over halfway down the right-hand side of the map, and were nearly to the top-right corner high above the area of adjacent ruins. We expected we'd hit a dead end with the zone exit portal, were in no rush to reach it, and we decided to stop for a break.

So there we were, just talking idly in party-chat, when out of nowhere a random Asura dude walks up to us and asks us:

"When is the next TT run going to be?"

Uhh, whut?!!

We'd been navigating broken map-border geometry on foot for about 40 minutes, we did not have commander tags on, and we were litterally in the middle of nowhere far above where anyone in the intended playable area would have been able to see us... and the guy just appears from nowhere to ask about a Triple Trouble run.

What the heck??    O_o

We never did find out if the guy had been following us the whole time or had found some other way up there and happened to recognise us xD

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1