This is a fiesta

Zekent.3652

This game is far from being newbie or visual friendly.

The more specs we get, the less skill we see in this game, it's now just an AoE and condi bomb fiesta with overtuned classes that notoriously lacks of tradeoffs, while other classes have dumb and unnecessary tradeoffs.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

The more specs we get, the less skill we see in this game, it's now just an AoE and condi bomb fiesta with overtuned classes that notoriously lacks of tradeoffs, while other classes have dumb and unnecessary tradeoffs.

These issues have been called out very often again over the years, with many pleas to have options to turn down the particle effect diarrhoea. As far as I am aware, Arenanet hasn't even bothered to do as little as to acknowledge the existence of these pleas.

I wouldn't be surprised if a decent number of players left the game in favour of games that hurt their eyes less. I believe that this game is in dire need of a seizure warning at every startup, like many others games have.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 9

The overal gaming quality in the competitive modes like wvw and spvp has indeed lowered alot over the last years.

Anet did the error in the past to listen to the popstar social media players who proclaimed the game would need more of everything. More condi gaming, more mechanics, more specs, more, more, more, more and more.

Now we had 3 expansions which all brought in more, more, more, more and more class specs, mechanics and all this what lead to the low gaming quality ingame cause about 95% of the games population can obviously not catch up with the large variety of available builds and playstyles so the social media anet partners who wanted more, more and more more more in the past nowadays start to present "low intensity builds" to "make the game more available to a wider audience" LOOOOOOOOOOL

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Anet has all the time in the world to tweak and adjust the new content to be more suitable after release. For some reason they aren't.

Can't say if it's because of the way they patch things or they lack the people to do the dirty work but there is a clear distinct lack of individual that should be fixing stuff in PvP/WvW or at least someone that can examine.

It's like pumping content apparently has to be more important than keeping all content relevant to a degree which has been a promise from the game still.

All player versus player stuff seems to always end up as the last food scraps of effort Anet has left on the plate.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

(...)

All player versus player stuff seems to always end up as the last food scraps of effort Anet has left on the plate.

IF i understood that sentence right, ill just say Anet pvp ended within gw1, they were just forced to add pvp into gw2 cause a online game w/o pvp would be a bad product and games are all about $€.

I can imagine the stress Izzy had in gw1 balancing all those possible skill combinations with the multiclass system back in the days but gw2 has none of that and the pvp skills  arefar simplier yet seams Anet cant figure a way to balance the gameplay to give a good experience for its players, unless ur ok with a gimmik build and rotations just rotate faster than enemy, also every time they rewaord skills dont dont care about trade offs nor balance and those touched skil m8 end completelly broken or borked up in uselessness... it is mindblowing.

EDIT: removing stats in PVP just shows how hard can be to balance classes in gw2, better remove the problem than try to make it work well across gamemodes.

@Zizekent.2398, skills also produce sounds, i find that more important than the animations  , the animation from 2-3 players can result in a excessive visual clutter.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

IF i understood that sentence right, ill just say Anet pvp ended within gw1, they were just forced to add pvp into gw2 cause a online game w/o pvp would be a bad product and games are all about $€.

No, there were definitely those on the original dev team that wanted PvP in GW2 and wanted it to be great.

Whether they were unable to live up to their intent due to lack of knowledge, ability, lack of unity on it among those with authority, or a failure to bring in income tied to it, I don't personally know, but it wasn't because the team lacked people with a desire for successful PvP.

• Like 2

@Aeolus.3615I do believe that even if they had little as 2 individuals just working together to experiment, they'd be better off than right now. They are a team after all and there's the undeniable possibility that these 2 could talk to the PvE designers and communicate intends of those so that it translate better in a PvE setting.

In the end, Core is the best baseline they have and they should respect it rather than wrap it around elites.

Edited by Shao.7236

Noticing that when it comes to fights, visuals are something I'm not noticing anymore. Getting rolled by projectiles I don't even see half the time which is made worse by 100% superspeed and quickness. Grenades are melting me, some abilities you just cant get away from due to desync enemies hitting you from a location they aren't actually in.

Yet for me, I get obstructed and miss(unblinded) off of melee attacks every no and then. Eh. Why do I keep coming back lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The overabundance of boons is honestly an unchecked power creep since HoT in all game modes.

The visual clutter is partly due to skills being designed with wvw in mind.

Also conditions is clutter for new players as well since they dont know what they are or how to deal with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Imo theres to many teleports and projectile weapons being used. The days of out maneuvering your enemy and getting that down befor you get +1 in a fight is over. With all the teleports and ranged weapons, fights start at 1200+ range befor you can even see them engage.

Well if we gonna get out of the Necro lords , it will if the community starts using Ranged characters (and then i can zerg them more easily with my Berseker..)

For example i have played 50 games with a new Rev - Renegate -shortbow spec , but i lack experience with it (and i need more time to play on the forums) , such the daily hero i am lol .

(The savlation tree is not updated .

1st dodge removes a Condition.

2nd , removing a condition offer 1,25sec Protection

3rd , removing a condition will offer 3 Endurance ,

Combine that with Sigil of  Energy  , + Sigils that removes Condition on weapon swap , + Riposting Shadows (Assasin stance-utilitie) you can spamm that Doddge + removes 2-3 condtions.

Runes of Hoalbreak (use Resistance if you like defence...but common real men play "all damage + Rampager Amulet")

+ Righteous Rebel should slow down the condition burst from the opponent.

Demon Stance is debatable , but Calla of Arguish-utility ..offer more mobility + aoe cc)

If the company makes Scorcrazon- Weapon 5 to offer some 130 yard backwards leap , would be delicious .

In order to avoid the cluckiness , of the meele enemeies after thei teleport ,dancing inside your dody( 0 yard) and you cant use that spell and they oblitarate you with their instance casts

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If the company makes Scorcrazon- Weapon 5 to offer some 130 yard backwards leap , would be delicious .

In order to avoid the cluckiness , of the meele enemeies after thei teleport ,dancing inside your dody( 0 yard) and you cant use that spell and they oblitarate you with their instance casts

l2p issue. Alot of enemys will try and movementcancel your skills. Any good Renegade will use the scorchrazor without a target in situations like this. using it without a target, you can manually aim it and it will never cancel. The skill has a ridicilous hitbox and will hit people that are in or even slightly behind you.  i have videos of it if you wanna see it doing that 😄  best thing you can do is walk way from the target, hit "about face" and "detarget" and then press 5. Most reliable and most unpredictable way of doing it. For the enemy it will look like you are shooting out out of your kitten and just turning when your already shooting it. Catches SOOO MANY people.

If they would add one of these wonky "backdraws" like on Elehammer... i will stop playing Renegade. This sounds so awfull xD

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

l2p issue. Alot of enemys will try and movementcancel your skills. Any good Renegade will use the scorchrazor without a target in situations like this. using it without a target, you can manually aim it and it will never cancel. The skill has a ridicilous hitbox and will hit people that are in or even slightly behind you.  i have videos of it if you wanna see it doing that 😄  best thing you can do is walk way from the target, hit "about face" and "detarget" and then press 5. Most reliable and most unpredictable way of doing it. For the enemy it will look like you are shooting out out of your kitten and just turning when your already shooting it. Catches SOOO MANY people.

If they would add one of these wonky "backdraws" like on Elehammer... i will stop playing Renegade. This sounds so awfull xD

So ?

An 130 yard leap (or even 80) (will still keep you in range of  meele weapons) , wouldn't hurt.

And an leap > to skill 5 will give a "windup" animation for the enemy to avoid  the cc.

Plus remove the cluckiness of the engine , but give more fluidity feeling

The goal is to entice more people to use ranged weapons till the October patch .. to become Bunker Killers .. leaving options for high mobility characters hunt  the ranged  .

(You don't have to worry about Renegates ... (i am kinda out of touch for pvp since 2014 , love the forum-wars , but trust me)

They are a tier B class based on Teapot rankings for the casual elo . And "E" for the competitive side)

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

So ?

An 130 yard leap (or even 80) (will still keep you in range of  meele weapons) , wouldn't hurt.

You sir need to play Ele hammer and tell me again that a 130 yards backdrop doesnt hurt xDD

the have this kind of mechanic already... and its literally the most clunky and weirdest thing ever. It literally is a self-CC.

The idea is nice i guess..... But those Backdrops are SOOOOO cl0nkyw0nky in gw2 its ridicilous.

go play the hammer! you will throw it in the trash within 20 minutes cuz of this backdrop/selfstun.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You sir need to play Ele hammer and tell me again that a 130 yards backdrop doesnt hurt xDD

the have this kind of mechanic already... and its literally the most clunky and weirdest thing ever. It literally is a self-CC.

The idea is nice i guess..... But those Backdrops are SOOOOO cl0nkyw0nky in gw2 its ridicilous.

go play the hammer! you will throw it in the trash within 20 minutes cuz of this backdrop/selfstun.

No thank you !!! I need to waste those 2 months re-learn every programing language and then find a 6-month job (somewhere they dont expect fro me much) for that 2-year school.

I don't have time to learn a piano class 😂

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

No thank you !!! I need to waste those 2 months re-learn every programing language and then find a 6-month job for that 2-year school.

I don't have time to learn a piano class 😂

you dont have to learn it.

Just go in pvp > equip the hammer > do the skill once.

you will instantly understand why i think adding more things like this is a terrible idea.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you dont have to learn it.

Just go in pvp > equip the hammer > do the skill once.

you will instantly understand why i think adding more things like this is a terrible idea.

Which skill ? Wind Storm ?

Because 600yard leap range , is no longer " something to help you land a skill before you obliterated or have to use Esc >cast Rev Shortbow 5>retarget>use other normal skills>while bombarded by 2 players" , but a proper mobility skill .

(We can make Scorsazor a 600 leap , if you want , i don't really have a problem with that .

While at it makes that the auto attacks scales better with Rampager Amulet , so any other Ranger-Thief ranged spec dont out-box me:P)

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Which skill ? Wind Storm ?

Because 600yard leap range , is no longer " something to help you land a skill before you obliterated or have to use Esc >cast Rev Shortbow 5>retarget>use other normal skills>while bombarded by 2 players" , but a proper mobility skill .

(We can make Scorsazor a 600 leap , if you want , i don't really have a problem with that .

While at it makes that the auto attacks scales better with Rampager Amulet , so any other Ranger-Thief ranged spec dont out-box me:P)

600 leap forwards?  but.... but why?

if you are running shiro, you can already chase EVERYTHING, just by spamming phase traversal.. i really dont see why adding a leap to scorchrazor in necessary.....

a leap backwards!?... to help you land the scorchrazor?!? like i said... NEVER ever have i had problems casting the scorchrazor... that thing has a stupid largehitbox and if you cant hit someone with it... thats on you.... or he dodged the skill. If you cancel the skill cuz he keeps movementcancelling your skill (walking thru you to mess up your casting) you have to hit escape or click the ground and then cast the skill. 

big l2p issue and no reason to rework a already awesome skill.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

600 leap forwards?  but.... but why?

if you are running shiro, you can already chase EVERYTHING, just by spamming phase traversal.. i really dont see why adding a leap to scorchrazor in necessary.....

a leap backwards!?... to help you land the scorchrazor?!? like i said... NEVER ever have i had problems casting the scorchrazor... that thing has a stupid largehitbox and if you cant hit someone with it... thats on you.... or he dodged the skill. If you cancel the skill cuz he keeps movementcancelling your skill (walking thru you to mess up your casting) you have to hit escape or click the ground and then cast the skill. 

big l2p issue and no reason to rework a already awesome skill.

Again have to use Esc >cast Rev Shortbow 5>retarget>use other normal skills>while bombarded by 2 players , cretaes a clucky feeling .

I don't see why this simply change (80yard back-leap) will make the Rev worse or OP

(Lets be real ...it was Teapot that was playing Shortbow-evade-Renegate ? He should one to blame for creating such fear for the spec?)

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Again have to use Esc >cast Rev Shortbow 5>retarget>use other normal skills>while bombarded by 2 players , cretaes a clucky feeling .

I don't see why this simply change (80yard back-leap) will make the Rev worse or OP

(Lets be real ...it was Teapot that was playing Shortbow-evade-Renegate ? He should one to blame for creating such fear for the spec?)

BECAUSE IT WILL BE CLUNKY AF! have you EVER used a skill with a backdrop in gw2? you want to kill yourself everytime the animation is playing. Also it wont help you with your problem, as most skills and their backdrops actually happen AFTER you finished casting...who would have guessed.... when someone is dancing thru you.... the casting interrupts... thus your idea wont help with the problem at all! It will not only interrupt the scorchrazor... it will also not do the backdrop at all:DDD

there is nothing complicated about hitting esc when you want to cast scorchrazor, when someone keeps dancing in you....

Detargeting to use leaps to kite is a pretty normal mechanic... detargeting people to get certain things done is pretty normal tbh....  Also sometimes its smart to hold LMB when casting skills, because your charckter will automatically face your enemy, thus it wont interrup casts like for example a Rapidfire, EVEN WHEN PEOPLE WALK THRU YOU! 

This is ONE BIG L2P ISSUE!!! and you seriously need to understand that.

The thing is... you are demanding a leap on a CC skill.... because you are struggling to use it. The same problem is happening FOR EVERY SKILL. Every skill that is targeted can be interrupted with movementcancelling.... does every skill have to be a leap now, because you are struggling?

LITERALLY EVERY SKILL IS SUFFERING FROM THE SAME PROBLEM! why does scorchrazor have to become a leap now? i seriously dont get it.

#petition to turn literally every skill into a leap or teleport, that will automatically position you perfectly, cuz people cant play the game!......  /s

There is enough mobilitycreep and clunky animations in gw2 already... thank you... next!

(if you are REALLY struggling that hard.... use Phasetraversal and during your jump you cast scorchrazor. It will position you perfectly and cast Scorchrazor with Quickness. I mean... when there is stuff like that... why does Scorchrazor have to be a leap? THIS WHOLE IDEA IS ONE BIIIIG L2P ISSUE!)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

BECAUSE IT WILL BE CLUNKY AF! have you EVER used a skill with a backdrop in gw2? you want to kill yourself everytime the animation is playing. Also it wont help you with your problem, as most skills and their backdrops actually happen AFTER you finished casting...who would have guessed.... when someone is dancing thru you.... the casting interrupts... thus your idea wont help with the problem at all! It will not only interrupt the scorchrazor... it will also not do the backdrop at all:DDD

Yes ...i want scorchsazor to do a 80 yard back and then cast the 3/4 sec stun.

I will give the enemy 1 sec to react to my cc + the skill 5 wont feel some clunk

there is nothing complicated about hitting esc when you want to cast scorchrazor, when someone keeps dancing in you....

Its not , but this quality of life , will help the majority to play anged and they wont feel cluncky

This is ONE BIG L2P ISSUE!!! and you seriously need to understand that.

The thing is... you are demanding a leap on a CC skill.... because you are struggling to use it. The same problem is happening FOR EVERY SKILL. Every skill that is targeted can be interrupted with movementcancelling.... does every skill have to be a leap now, because you are struggling?

This qol will make Shorbow rev the most Op character ?

Are you in the g1 devision as i am ?

There is enough mobilitycreep and clunky animations in gw2 already... thank you... next!

Yeah.. a 80yard skill , will create powercreep

Coomon just tell me , are you by any chance played GW1  meele character and like War-Machine Guild you deems the game anti-meele at launch ? 😛

(if you are REALLY struggling that hard.... use Phasetraversal and during your jump you cast scorchrazor. It will position you perfectly and cast Scorchrazor with Quickness. I mean... when there is stuff like that... why does Scorchrazor have to be a leap? THIS WHOLE IDEA IS ONE BIIIIG L2P ISSUE!)

Yeah , an 80yard leap , while meele auto attacks have 130 yeard . Very L2P problem 😛 in my side

(You don't have to worry , not all casuals have the same skills as Teapot and can use magnificent this spec .I am struggling too with 50 games played + my skills have degrated for not playing 8 years .I am trying to be a jerk in Smite -Assualt and that piece of mod wont ban me...kitten )

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

This qol will make Shorbow rev the most Op character ?

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING!

EVERY skill is suffering from the same "problem". Why exactly do we have to change scorchrazor now? If anything they should change the fact that skills cancel when you runn thru someone!

the problem here is not the skill scorchrazor! it is the mechanic itself.

Also, i said it will be clunky, not overpowered. Shortbow rev will literally be bad should they do this. The opposite of overpowered.. it will make it worse!

do you seriously not understand this? USE A SKILL THAT HAS THE MECHANIC THAT YOUR ADVERTISING FOR! IT FEELS BAAAD!

Also you are not fixing the actual problem with it. If we start to put leaps or whatever on scorchrazor... they have to do it FOR EVERY skill. because its not just scorchrazor suffering from this.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING!

EVERY skill is suffering from the same "problem". Why exactly do we have to change scorchrazor now? If anything they should change the fact that skills cancel when you runn thru someone!

the problem here is not the skill scorchrazor! it is the mechanic itself.

Also, i said it will be clunky, not overpowered. Shortbow rev will literally be bad should they do this. The opposite of overpowered.. it will make it worse!

I don't know you sent me mix signals .

You are telling me it will become clucnky

Then you go around about mobility creep and i should better using :using Esc >Shortbow 5>Target>use normal skills > while under attacked.(or we can avoid all this proccess with a 80yard leap)

That why that piece of lovecraft Teapot is not making videos ...his on vacations and playing Shortbow Rev...

God dammit Teapot !

• Confused 1