We're not getting a new Living World episode anywhere soon, are we?

1 minute ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Please tell me they're not actually waiting to have fully re-released LWS1 before giving us a genuinely new LW episode. 😞

No where has Anet promised any kind of Living World continuation. They've chosen their words very carefully about any upcoming content and purposefully avoided any reference to "Living World"
Ask yourself why.
The answer is pretty simple... they are not planning any.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

No where has Anet promised any kind of Living World continuation. They've chosen their words very carefully about any upcoming content and purposefully avoided any reference to "Living World"
Ask yourself why.

More likely is that anet is probably going to rebrand upcoming new content releases as something other than "living world"

Β 

With the "Elder dragon saga" finished im betting anet doesn't want to call the upcoming content as "season 6" but instead have whatever it is start fresh, so that new players dont feel obligated to play the previous seasons to know whats going on.

Its probably going to be very similar if not identical to previous living world seasons just with a new name. Similar to what they did with icebrood saga

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Ask yourself why.

you don't know if they are not planning any.Β 

I think the entire teams was working on EoD, and now a part of the team is working on the new expansion. so starting with developing the new living story was probably later than usual. With another team working on Living season 1, then yes i think they release it after LS1. Which would be a logical step in my opinion.Β 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Please tell me they're not actually waiting to have fully re-released LWS1 before giving us a genuinely new LW episode. 😞

Β 

3 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

More likely is that anet is probably going to rebrand upcoming new content releases as something other than "living world"

Β 

With the "Elder dragon saga" finished im betting anet doesn't want to call the upcoming content as "season 6" but instead have whatever it is start fresh, so that new players dont feel obligated to play the previous seasons to know whats going on.

Its probably going to be very similar if not identical to previous living world seasons just with a new name. Similar to what they did with icebrood saga

This sounds reasonable.

Its also possible that they intend to fast track expansions, perhaps smaller in scope now that the main story is complete, as the main content addition method going forward. Note how quickly they mentioned that they are planning/working on another expansion right after EoD launch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm pretty fine with this, adding LW1 back does more for the game as a whole than any new LW season could.
I wasn't playing the game back then, so for me it's neat, for long-time players obviously not as attractive which I can understand but it's arguably something necessary for the game (and steam launch).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 4

The expansion has been out half a year, they are revisiting LWS1.Β  Why rush it.Β  Let people catch up, especially the new players.Β  I'd rather see quality than cranking out quantity.Β  I'm sure they have something in the works and don't want to share it yet and have to read constant speculation and whining for the next year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Ask yourself why.

I could have sworn I heard SOMETHING about them opening up new areas in Cantha after EoD launch. Whether it's explicitly tied to a LWS, I'm not sure, but really new areas are the main draw for a LW season. Honestly, if they do living world they should either

1) Tie it explicitly to an expansion meaning purchasing the corresponding expansion automatically unlocks it

2) Just give it out for free.Β 

I feel like seasonal content tends to be very transient in terms of player base attention, and player concentrations in areas is something they have to pay close attention to as they give us more areas. It gets even more complicated with seasons like 3 where I feel like there's little reason to go back once you have Aurora/neck and it doesn't give anything particualrly unique/rewarding.Β 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Ask yourself why.

That's a helluva big assumption. I suspect they're not talking about it yet, because they first have to put out LW1 in its entirety. That's also an assumption but I think it's the more reasonable explanation. There's no point hyping something when you're still bringing out other stuff that needs hyping.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Careful huffing on that much Copium.
You can make up whatever you want about pretend "teams" and what you personally feel would make sense.

If they were planning it, they would have said so just to fuel the die-hards and give us something to look forward to.
They haven't.
They have been very careful with their wording to avoid any and all references.
I know it's not what you want to hear.
It's not what I want to hear. I liked LW a lot.

Same for you pretending a lot of stuff.. It could be anything...Β 
They never said anything about future updates like upcoming living story in the pas. The only reason they told us about a new expansion (before a new LS) is because soo many people were thinking EoD was the last expansion. For a lot of people LS1 is new.. it feels like that's their strategy now. But until i read from the devs there wont be a new LW between LS1 and Expansion 4 I don't think you are a reliable source.

They said they are working on a new map in cantha, is that expansion level content to you? It isn't for me otherwise I would be very dissapointed. A new expansion would mean another 1 a 2 years without new content (excluding the reworks). I can't imagine they would do that..

Edit: just to be clear, you could be right, but for now it could be anything.Β 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Probably after LW1 is fully released. If they are going to do another expansion as they claimed, that's going to take a lot of time to do, which leaves a pretty big gap inbetween completion of LW1 refurbished and said expansion being ready, and that's downtime that they need to keep people occupied so they don't leave.

Right now, there is (I'm guessing) a significant amount of resources going into prepping for steam release, which can be freed up for next LW once steam release is done.

That might be too generous a read of it, idk, but that is how I tend to look at it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

They never said anything about future updates like upcoming living story in the pas.

Sure they did. Consistently and often.
Am I the only one who remembers the messaging "We are going right from the end of Season 3, into an expac, then directly into season 4 without missing a release window"?
In fact that only died after s4, until then we were consistently being hyped on what was to come.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

For anything new after EOD, i think we need to wait the end of the re-release of LWS1 (that is good to have finally in the game as permanent contents), so, around spring - summer of 2023 before having some info on new contents for the game.

Nothing more we can do about it, we can only wait in the end.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's a helluva big assumption. I suspect they're not talking about it yet, because they first have to put out LW1 in its entirety. That's also an assumption but I think it's the more reasonable explanation. There's no point hyping something when you're still bringing out other stuff that needs hyping.

And yet they have spoken about working on an expansion. If their approach was as youΒ suggest they wouldnt have mentioned the upcoming expansion.

Of course ANet could just be inconsistent in their messaging.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

I like how they're improving some old content before add new stuff when EoD came only half a year ago.

And in your estimation the QOL Updates we have seen since the release of EoD are of the same value as the two living world episodes we got in the same time frame after PoF?

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

And in your estimation the QOL Updates we have seen since the release of EoD are of the same value as the two living world episodes we got in the same time frame after PoF?

Of course no. But QOL updates are important for games health, specially if you want to attrack (and retain) new players in short and long term

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

Of course no. But QOL updates are important for games health, specially if you want to attrack (and retain) new players in short and long term

I go to a restaurant and I order a meal (expac) and get a side of fries (LW) with it.
Suddenly the restaurant doesn't give me the fries.
When I ask "Hey I thought this burger came with fries... it did last week"
The answer is "We are saving the cost of potatoes in order to put out new forks we think will attract new customers."
Never mind the fact I have been enjoying those fries and they were half the reason I bought the burger.

And you are telling me "Hey be happy with the new cutlery,Β  you get to use it too!.... hopefully next year you will get your fries again"

I really fail to understand why this forum is so quick to defend Anet 100% underdelivering compared to it's past efforts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

28 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I go to a restaurant and I order a meal (expac) and get a side of fries (LW) with it.
Suddenly the restaurant doesn't give me the fries.
When I ask "Hey I thought this burger came with fries... it did last week"
The answer is "We are saving the cost of potatoes in order to put out new forks we think will attract new customers."
Never mind the fact I have been enjoying those fries and they were half the reason I bought the burger.

And you are telling me "Hey be happy with the new cutlery,Β  you get to use it too!.... hopefully next year you will get your fries again"

I really fail to understand why this forum is so quick to defend Anet 100% underdelivering compared to it's past efforts.

You know I am not sure that the analogy holds up particularly well, but I completely agree with the sentiment behind it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1