Can devs make something new and stop changing the old. [Merged]

This game so desperately needs refitment of old and not new. We got new stuff and it's meh in comparison what could the old unfinished and unpolished stuff be I am for one glad they actually are focusing on strong points of the game, rather than abundance of half thought out new ideas, finally. 

And by doing so, we actually get cool new stuff and content to play around. I am all for new systems (like fishing) but I am also for returning to unfinished that gave glimpses of what we could really have. And quite frankly, for the first time in last 4 years, I am actually excited about upcoming updates.

But everyone to their own, eh. - just look what the constant of stream of new, brought WoW down too. Even game like FFXIV realized it needs to slow down and re focus on old content

Edited by Senteliks.2360

7 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

But that's just it.  No one has any rights to any content, purchased or otherwise.  Anet can pull the plug on GW2 at any time, and no one would keep anything or get any "refund" for money spent over the years.

You clearly do not understand how this model works.

You clearly didn't catch the point of what l said. Though since you care so much about legal technicality, l should point out how it wouldn't be ANET's decision, it'd be NCSoft's. Regardless, if they pulled the plug, people wouldn't sit and go, "Oh, well, l had a good run." No, there would be a huge outrage despite the players' lack of "ownership". Keeping the trust of their potentially paying customers should be more important than flexing their ability to change earned content.

2 hours ago, Katsugankz.7156 said:

Nah, ya'll only brought this up because of the robot titties and you know it. This whole thing is some really stupid theater outrage over something that straight up doesn't matter. Things in MMOs change all the kitten time and everything in game is subject to change, going into an MMO without fully understanding this is just straight up stupid.

Anyone who has enough of an issue with this to actually whine on the forums about it is a complete tool.

Bold of you to assume I care more about robot bobas than l care about my 12-foot-tall charr. At least I'm basing my arguments off what people say in the thread. But nevermind that, there's a more pressing issue l see in your post. Things change all the time? We were just talking about how few wardrobe changes there actually have been, and that the Watchknight is the most drastic of those changes. Not only that, but by and large GW2's individual content stays the same throughout the years. That's why they dropped the interactive Living World to begin with! And I can't even stop there; we're not talking about changed gameplay content, we're discussing player customization options... Things that have the most reason to stay the same and stay accessible!

3 minutes ago, Senteliks.2360 said:

This game so desperately needs refitment of old and not new. We got new stuff and it's meh in comparison what could the old unfinished and unpolished stuff be I am for one glad they actually are focusing on strong points of the game, rather than abundance of half thought out new ideas, finally. 

And by doing so, we actually get cool new stuff and content to play around. I am all for new systems (like fishing) but I am also for returning to unfinished that gave glimpses of what we could really have. And quite frankly, for the first time in last 4 years, I am actually excited about upcoming updates.

But everyone to their own, eh. - just look what the constant of stream of new, brought WoW down too. Even game like FFXIV realized it needs to slow down and re focus on old content

You're not wrong. This game needs ANET to build a dedicated team to go back and touch up the flaws of core Tyria and previous expansions. But, what we don't need are retcons that they have no reason to put effort into. Why overhaul a model if they're not redrawing all the maps associated with it? The gameplay content needs a touch-up and old bugs need fixing, that's where their efforts need to go.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

It's really not that bad. I wouldn't have noticed anything changed if there hadn't been a forum post.

It's actually really bad. As someone around in the original season one days, the absolute weirdness of it all really was asthetically interesting and unique. They just look like dull robots now. Nothing is gained or achieved by this change whatsoever.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Nobody asked for this hideous change you've implemented.

Okay 2 things. 

There is no info in your statement. What do you dislike? What did you like? 

Second.. there are already posts like this. It's a merged posts because there were 3 other posts like yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Cronospere.8143 said:

Okay 2 things. 

There is no info in your statement. What do you dislike? What did you like? 

Second.. there are already posts like this. It's a merged posts because there were 3 other posts like yours.

Good. We need to not let the topic die. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's actually really bad. As someone around in the original season one days, the absolute weirdness of it all really was asthetically interesting and unique. They just look like dull robots now. Nothing is gained or achieved by this change whatsoever.

In your opinion.

13 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I like the new model better then the old. I don’t really understand the fuss about it. But my popcorn is ready. Bring it on 🙂 

I agree - don't see what the fuss is about. I think they both look nice, and it's not that much different really.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

In your opinion.

I agree - don't see what the fuss is about. I think they both look nice, and it's not that much different really.

They wouldn't change it in the first place unless they saw some benefit. What's the benefit?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Smoky.5348 said:

You clearly didn't catch the point of what l said.

Because your point was irrelevant.  Anet (and by extension NCSoft if you want to go that route) owns it all.  We only pay for a license to use it.

Maybe read through the terms of service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Hey, I won't deny if like boring and bland design, I'm sure it's right up your alley. 

Yes they indeed are. But neither boring or bland design to me. That’s the beauty of opinions 🙂 we all shine with different views. And I like what I see the one second they are visible! Sue me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Yes they indeed are. But neither boring or bland design to me. That’s the beauty of opinions 🙂 we all shine with different views. And I like what I see the one second they are visible! Sue me

Okay real talk. It doesn't matter if I like it or you like it. It's not about that. It's about anet complete changing design of enemies nearly ten years later for ...some reason? Do we really want them going in and changing the way stuff looks willy nilly with no reasoning for it? Can we agree it sets a bad precedent at least? For nearly ten years it was fine but now it's not? Why? What crime against humanity did the old watchknight commit?

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Okay real talk. It doesn't matter if I like it or you like it. It's not about that. It's about anet complete changing design of enemies nearly ten years later for ...some reason? Do we really want them going in and changing the way stuff looks willy nilly? Can we agree it sets a bad precedent at least? 

I don’t care if they choose to change mobs design. It’s a game and I enjoy it. Making fuss about a simple thing as mob design makes no sense to me at all.

Now if we were talking about armor design or something you would pay money or gold to use and then they changed it, i would understand. But that’s not the case here. So no sorry. I can’t agree on that at all 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Freya.9075 said:

I don’t care if they choose to change mobs design. It’s a game and I enjoy it. Making fuss about a simple thing as mob design makes no sense to me at all.

Now if we were talking about armor design or something you would pay money or gold to use and then they changed it, i would understand. But that’s not the case here. So no sorry. I can’t agree on that at all 

The tonic is a thing that changed with it as well. If anet made all the inquest look like Christmas trees would you have an issue? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The tonic is a thing that changed with it as well. If anet made all the inquest look like Christmas trees would you have an issue? 

I would love if they did that xD would totally buy it if they did. But that can’t be compared. If they changed it to a different model of inquest I wouldn’t mind. The watchknight is still a watchknight. And the tonic does not cost you money or lots of gold like outfits or armor parts would. (Depending on the armor ofc) 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I would love if they did that xD would totally buy it if they did. But that can’t be compared. If they changed it to a different model of inquest I wouldn’t mind. The watchknight is still a watchknight. And the tonic does not cost you money or lots of gold like outfits or armor parts would. (Depending on the armor ofc) 

Yeah so our opinion differs more on the integrity of the design than the design itself. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1