Who Else Cant Find the Willpower to Log in?

We need something to revitalise PvP and WvW. Alliances is 4 years late at this point(lmao), and the last actual change to PvP was introducing swiss to tournaments, but that was also years ago. Balance tweaks(literally just reducing a few numbers) and PvE driven reworks ARE NOT PvP changes.
The release of EoD specs postponed the collapse of the PvP population for a few months, but... those new e-specs are for PvE. The devs efforts to bring the skill floor and skill ceiling closer togheter is making any form of competitiveness impossible. For years I kept logging back into the game feeling like I'm still not enough, I still have ways to improve, after all look at what all these top streamers can do...

Yet recently I beat sind 1v1 with a deadeye kneeling on my 2 button, shortly after 2v1-ed boyce doing the same... and it's literally the most demotivating thing ever. I did not get any better, if anything I'm a casual now. I just happened to play something that won those matchups by design. If we were back in the 2017 version of the game I couldn't touch them, they would outskill me. But that's no longer possible, personal skill matters less and less with every patch.

But on the bright side, I can maybe leave this decade old game behind me now. All that unrealised potential will most likely be just that, unrealised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Anyhow, how are you all feeling?

I'm well thank you. In fact, I logged on the forum for the first time in 3 weeks because your original message resonated with me. Firstly, I shared my disappointment on this forum through comments and multiple, non violent, non TOS violating threads because I felt they were going the wrong direction - and the posts got deleted. This was regarding the patch from a month or so ago. Sorry Anet for caring and for playing the game for almost 10 years but Im taking a long break from it.  

When the specs I truly loved got nerfed, I just learned other unique specs. When something kills me fast, I get irked sure but I try to learn that build. One thing led to the other and finally I was a multi-classer. 

There were classes and elites that made the combat complex yet unique. 

Now, I just feel everything got dumbed down. There was a time in my life when logging on to GW2 brought me happiness and excitement due to competitiveness, winning, learning, experimenting. It was magical. 

That's no longer the case for me. I played every Mesmer spec, I played core staff ele and weaver, I played boon strip Necro pre expacs, I played weird af power necro before reaper existed, I played Hambow, Loved the core engie with its kits pre xpac, Holo, so on.....

Now, I don't even know what to play. No offense, I've tried tempest but it just wasnt my thing, tried Mech before the nerf and didnt like the AI. I guess the only builds I enjoyed was the Engie super glass scrapper with little to no sustain build (hammer instead of rifle) a bit of Virtuoso, spellbreaker - thats it. 

It's still a great game because the original pvp devs did a magnificent job with the combat mechanics. The mode feels it lost its character and favored ubiquity over uniqueness. That's my take.

• Like 2

Hardly, it's very shallow. All the content that I used to enjoy is overshadowed by an uncomprehensible mess that no matter how perfectly played, still ends up bad.

GW2 promises of keeping old content relevant is definitely a confirmed lie in PvP.

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

After 25 june patch I uninstalled the game, then one of my friends asked me to reinstall to at least chat and have some fun together. I played something like 2 days with him and that's it.
I currently vibe in FFA to kill time when I'm tired.

Likewise, I'd lure ppl near the cliff and knock them off. LOL

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

That's as much interaction as I'm currently having with the game, I can't even be arsed to play unranked even just for the dailies.
There is not nearly enough talk about how BAD the recent design changes have been for PvP. I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking about design. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that developer who was so vocal on reddit advertising his garbage changes, he needs to be relocated to accounting or something, sure as hell not doing design. That much is clear.

Agree with the developer comment and the higher ups defending them. Im sure their jobs isn't easy but I really gotta give credit to the original devs. PvP mesmer was hated, I was hated but it was the most beautiful and unique class ever created. 

• Like 1

For me it's funny ANet thinks that after like 7 years promising WvW restructuring and not delivering (blatant lie), doing a half assed effort for alliances is good. But if we talk about pvp, the effort is not even half-assed, its like some random "balance" patch very few months, instead of addressing all the things players have said, or even trying something new to get people back into PvP.

ANet is willingly letting die WvW and PvP , but with little noise, to avoid bad PR, but I guess those gamemode they have left die, now doesnt give enough $ to them. But when they put the game on steam and new players try PvP and WvW in the state they are there will be HUGE backslash with negative reviews, then as always they'll try to do a fast fix to kitten ppl, but it will be a mess.

6 hours ago, golemka.2157 said:

Who is the main source for pvp changes? 

From what I gather its down to three people/groups:

CmC - The nerf father, very quiet and humble.

Dislikes: Buffs

Solar - The one who will knowingly release controversial patches with the full intention of ignoring the blowback that comes with.

Analysis: Based

And then finally you have the secret discord conglomerate(but not actually secret) full of former wintraders, influencers, and other real lizard people that are able to provide feedback and propose minor adjustments to at least one of the two formerly mentioned developers.

Don't worry though, i'm sure they all have our best interests in mind. 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

From what I gather its down to three people/groups:

CmC - The nerf father, very quiet and humble.

Dislikes: Buffs

Solar - The one who will knowingly release controversial patches with the full intention of ignoring the blowback that comes with.

Analysis: Based

And then finally you have the secret discord conglomerate(but not actually secret) full of former wintraders, influencers, and other real lizard people that are able to provide feedback and propose minor adjustments to at least one of the two formerly mentioned developers.

Don't worry though, i'm sure they all have our best interests in mind. 😁

Wasnt the pvp promised to be cleaned up a little bit? As far I remember there was a small ban wave to somehow motivate the people but they actually failed. I wish I had the same motivation like 2 years ago to log in and play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golemka.2157 said:

Wasnt the pvp promised to be cleaned up a little bit? As far I remember there was a small ban wave to somehow motivate the people but they actually failed. I wish I had the same motivation like 2 years ago to log in and play

Yeah you right

It was on EU they banned like 5 dozen accounts, but that was just a few random people.

The reason it failed to do anything is because they left known cheaters/boosters/match manipulators to continue playing. They only get to stay because they have a small, but big enough following outside of Gw2 like on Twitch/YT to where Arenanet will never ban them.

As for the match manipulators themselves, a lot of them have gotten tired of winning. Boredom has been pretty clutch, but there's still some that are very committed to getting some virtual text to float under their names. I would try to explain their motives, but we're talking about reptilian people from a different planet here. 🛸👽🤖

I feel like this game is PvE-oriented which is a bit of a shame because there are so many better PvE-only games that it boggles the mind. I still login, but my conviction to do dailies or contribute anything dwindles. Love the story still though, might be one of the best stories for a MMO.

I can only advise anyone that is burned out, to pick up a new class.

Learning and improving is the biggest thrill that gw2 pvp has to offer nowadays.

Just create your own goofy build and improve with it. Its the only thing keeping me playing atm.

• Like 2

I hade to do a few games not long ago to finish legendary armor and boy oh boy how many grief'ers I met. Going afk after one lost fight in mid. Blaming others 24/7.  They wont leave you alone even if you ignore them.  But that is some what fixable with chat turned off. 

But then it struck me that I been playing same old maps and mode I been playng 10 years ago.  All the builds and balance issues aside it is not fun anymore playing the same thing over and over again. And if you add all the grief from players it's become really unpleasant expirience.

I rather mindlessly grind some mobs for pvp stuff.

45 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I can only advise anyone that is burned out, to pick up a new class.

Learning and improving is the biggest thrill that gw2 pvp has to offer nowadays.

Just create your own goofy build and improve with it. Its the only thing keeping me playing atm.

My willpower...it's...coming back!!! Lol I do lots of FFA with the weirdest builds meant to do one or two things only lol but yeah I gotta give tempest a chance and experiment on a build I might enjoy. I do miss playing weaver. Sometimes I see a fire weaver in the enemy team fighting mid and I say to myself "awww hey there buddy" and attack his teammates instead since all he can do is give barrier on the dual skill. and a conjured shield. LR i play sometimes but I havent touched fire weaver in months. 

38 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

My willpower...it's...coming back!!! Lol I do lots of FFA with the weirdest builds meant to do one or two things only lol but yeah I gotta give tempest a chance and experiment on a build I might enjoy. I do miss playing weaver. Sometimes I see a fire weaver in the enemy team fighting mid and I say to myself "awww hey there buddy" and attack his teammates instead since all he can do is give barrier on the dual skill. and a conjured shield. LR i play sometimes but I havent touched fire weaver in months. 

you should check out the tempest build i have been advertising! REALLY REALLY underrated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Its fun until you face a harb willy thief rev comp and cant do anything but get teleported on and die

I play an unranked game a day and even there most games are 150-500. And its not so much that someone gave up, one team just doesn't stand a chance. Doesn't need to be about builds either, just skill levels differ so much - I've had games where I kite 3 players while my team dies to the other 2. But oh well; still way better than wvw.

• Like 1

Pretty much autopilot to the next ranked season. One game or so a day of the RNG 5v5s. Do some ATs for gold with casual groups. As most people I play with hate the 5v5s, but I probably have more fun in the ATs then ranked.

I wasn't around for past incarnations but it does look like they really aren't sure what's going on from a dev stand point in regards to PvP at all.

But I think in general the balance team needs to work in conjunction with all aspects of the game. This tunnel vision towards one or another always backlashes into the other mode it effects. Virtuoso losing 100% fury uptime on dueling trait to gain a fury buff for PvE raid groups for example. Nerf to every other mode (PvP/Open World/Story) but a boon to endgame groups....

I am not confident in what I've seen from the balancing team at all, as it always seems to be 2 nerfs and a wtf?

competitive in this game will never be different from what you see today anymore.

ESL quit 2017 cause the numbers of viewers didnt meet their expectations anymore.

twitch viewer numbers are not even to talk about. if teapot would stop twitching there be 300 viewers left.

This game is just uninteresting spam boons, spam sustain, spam cc, spam aoe condi and what not. KITE KITE KITE until your enemies need to go to work the next morning and you win cause they need to forfeit cause they have no further time.

Cant fix it. Like it and stay, dont like it and stay offline like me. Nobody cares what happens inside anymore.

Dont waste your energy on writing feedback in the hope it gets heared by anyone in seattle office. They wont. If they would care they would have at least brought back the old GW1 Hall of Heroes Arena modes to give it jsut something new which worked in the past. They dont. They are in business mode to make gem sales. Everything else is considered too much work and they have not the people in the company skilled enough to make great things anymore.

players who speak the truth get infracted and censored by moderators, thrown out of the partner program instead of taking anything serious.

They decided to walk the easy path, so have I. o/ 

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Thanks 8

kitten meta after kitten meta after kitten meta.

they are still not shaping meta and letting community define meta with random changes

and this is the result.

what's the point of balancing if you don't try to shape for a better meta.

i feel like the point of balancing job in anet is completely void.

and the fact that games dead, no competitions

i either get to fight top player duo and get utterly destroyed, or i fight some guy who can't even press buttons. barely any challenged gameplays. not fun in both ends.

i'd rather play maplestory then this now.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Yeah you right

It was on EU they banned like 5 dozen accounts, but that was just a few random people.

The reason it failed to do anything is because they left known cheaters/boosters/match manipulators to continue playing. They only get to stay because they have a small, but big enough following outside of Gw2 like on Twitch/YT to where Arenanet will never ban them.

As for the match manipulators themselves, a lot of them have gotten tired of winning. Boredom has been pretty clutch, but there's still some that are very committed to getting some virtual text to float under their names. I would try to explain their motives, but we're talking about reptilian people from a different planet here. 🛸👽🤖

honestly i think those who keep playing are selling the titles, it's the same ppl doing it over and over in different accounts

• Like 1