Nerf downstate HP’s in pvp

Yerlock.4678

Everyone would benefit. Every other pvp game laughs at this one for still having downstate and it’s a shame cuz the combat loop is great- near perfect.

Start by gutting the HP of downstate. It’ll encourage faster reflexes on annoying rez mechanics that people have always complained about. Just get it done it’s holding this whole game mode back

• Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Nope.  Needs to stay.  Part of the game.  Letting foes bleed out or blowing up rezzers is key to pvp

I think bleeding out creates snowballs. Whether thats healthy or not is subjective, but I think providing more opportunity to push out as a team is a good thing. 

• Confused 1

Every other game doesn't laugh at this one, because other games have powerful resurrection skills which justify the lack of downstate, and they make our "revive" skills look like a joke. I can't think of any other game I've played where a player can't just go in and full rezz half their team with one button press.

Some of them are built entirely around it even in competitive modes. Its even pretty common to have one entire class that does nothing but healing and ressing.

Its amasing that players complain about downstate so much in both PvP and WvW, when this is easily the lowest Time To Kill (TTK) online game I've ever played outside of shooters. It always felt more like Quake than an MMO, more so with the powercreep.

In Dark Age of Camelot, which this game is based on, it wasn't uncommon to have 30min battles.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Every other game doesn't laugh at this one, because other games have powerful resurrection skills which justify the lack of downstate

what!? please name one MMO, where you can fullrez your teammates, while being in combat.

Downstate is literally the most meme pve-mechanic that made it into pvp... and it should 100% go. SOOO many times have i had frustrating rez and rally spam...... so many times did a enemy leave me bleeding on the ground.. i watch my screen for 15 seconds hoping that i flippin finally die.... atleast let me "release" so i dont have to sit and watch me slowly die.... should you try and rez.. they hit you again, BUT ONLY ONCE, because they want to waste your time and that is EXACTLY what is the most vialbe tactic in pvp... letting your enemy slowly bleed out so they cant play/help their team... GREAT MECHANIC! So many frustrating moments cuz of rally and downstate. But not once in my lifespan have i thought in pvp or wvw: YES! this rally mechanic is really cool and skillful! Me just getting a fullrez, because i killed some random guard that was walking by altho the enemy was 0,2 seconds before finishing me was very skillful gameplay and i deserve to be alive here! I love Downstate!

Downstate is a mechanic from PvE-games and it should have stayed in pve.

Its amasing that players complain about downstate so much in both PvP and WvW, when this is easily the lowest Time To Kill (TTK) online game I've ever played outside of shooters.

what!? You need to actually bind the "dodge" key to survive longer. you should really try that.... or maybe run something other than full glass... helps a ton xD The TTK is godawful slow since feb 2020. The sustain and evade / invulnvframe spam is getting out of hand... When it takes 3 people ATLEAST 30 seconds to kill a Elementalist that has 0 toughness, simply because of the fact that he can chain so many refelcts/invulns/dodges/blocks that it takes ATLEAST 30 seconds till hes out of CD.... there might be something wrong....  Vindicator? *block block Evade Evade Evade Block Block Block Evade Evade* Virtuoso? *Block Block Block Block Block Block* ahh yes! i love these low TTK´s.

Maybe people in silver are dying quickly... but if you go anything higher than that.. people actually use their defenses.

In Dark Age of Camelot, which this game is based on, it wasn't uncommon to have 30min battles.

ah yes! and here i am thinking this game was based on guildwars 1.....   They stole the RvR from camelot... but thats it.

I do NOT want 30 min slugfights... this sounds godawful.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You're 100% correct.

Arena Net has already stated that they want everyone to stop playing their PvP and go back to other more PvP focused games like WoW Arena....

Or at least they may as well have with their absolute unwillingness to remove downed state from PvP.

Even some of the old school pro's from when GW2 was trying to push their Esport scene said in an interview that the reason GW2 will never compete with WoW Arena was the downed state. You can find the video on YouTube if you look hard enough.

Yet there are still people on here who love to defend it...even when their own pro's are saying its the worst part of the games PvP.

When my MMO buddies hear I am playing some GW2 they always start playing Chumbawamba in the Discord lol.

Most people who love MMO PvP, WoW Arena, DAOC, MXO...etc, all agree...a kill should mean a kill...not some weird downed state that you can get back up in.

This should be the GW2 PvP Theme Song at this point....

Edited by Luclinraider.2317
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

You're 100% correct.

Arena Net has already stated that they want everyone to stop playing their PvP and go back to other more PvP focused games like WoW Arena....

Or at least they may as well have with their absolute unwillingness to remove downed state from PvP.

Even some of the old school pro's from when GW2 was trying to push their Esport scene said in an interview that the reason GW2 will never compete with WoW Arena was the downed state. You can find the video on YouTube if you look hard enough.

Yet there are still people on here who love to defend it...even when their own pro's are saying its the worst part of the games PvP.

When my MMO buddies hear I am playing some GW2 they always start playing Chumbawamba in the Discord lol.

Most people who love MMO PvP, WoW Arena, DAOC, MXO...etc, all agree...a kill should mean a kill...not some weird downed state that you can get back up in.

This should be the GW2 PvP Theme Song at this point....

BUT LUCLIIIN!

Other games have way stronger revive mechanice! /s

Spoiler

No. They dont. 😉

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Apex Legends, Siege.

thats a Battleroyale Firstperson shooter.... jsut saying...   i should have specified that this is obviously just meant for MMOs....

57 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Nerfing downstate means less time for support to do their job, not a good idea imo. Issues are elsewhere

No your getting this wrong... Completly remove Downstate.

in a perfect world the support should have prevented the teammate from dying, instead of completly devalueing the attackers effort of killing your teammate with the simple press of a revive glyph.

When a complete coordinated burst from the enemy team doesnt mean anything, because you pressed one button from 1000 units away and thus revived him right back up to 100%hp... thats some fk***d up gameplay.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Start by gutting the HP of downstate. It’ll encourage faster reflexes on annoying rez mechanics that people have always complained about. Just get it done it’s holding this whole game mode back

They would have to nerf res power also.

Edited by Shao.7236

Situations where both teams have 1 or more downed, and how people choose to manage that situation, is, like, the only time GW2 PvP gets actually interesting. Why you would want to remove that is beyond me.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Situations where both teams have 1 or more downed, and how people choose to manage that situation, is, like, the only time GW2 PvP gets actually interesting. Why you would want to remove that is beyond me.

please imagine that dying would actually mean your dead.... HOW INTENSE THAT WOULD BE 😄

"No downstate Week" is the best time in WvW atleast. it improves the gameplay immensly.

They are already doing it in wvw and people LOVE it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

thats a Battleroyale Firstperson shooter.... jsut saying...   i should have specified that this is obviously just meant for MMOs....

No your getting this wrong... Completly remove Downstate.

in a perfect world the support should have prevented the teammate from dying, instead of completly devalueing the attackers effort of killing your teammate with the simple press of a revive glyph.

When a complete coordinated burst from the enemy team doesnt mean anything, because you pressed one button from 1000 units away and thus revived him right back up to 100%hp... thats some fk***d up gameplay.

Yes rez signet is strong but it has a long cooldown and can be interrupted

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

Resing worked fine when damage was high. No need to recreate the wheel, and damage needs to go up anyway.

Well the damage is high for some and low for others, the mobile specs have high damage and high mitigation and the slow grounded types have low to medium damage and some gimmick mitigation to make them good enough punching bag, 5/7 balance right there.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Apex Legends, Siege.

Ya...and in Football when you're tackled you are allowed to get back up...you don't even die....it works in football so...game set and match!

This was the most nonsensical response I have ever seen on these forums lol.

This game that isn't even an MMO...but a FPS, has a similar mechanic and it works. You know...the games share literally nothing in terms of gameplay, game type, skill set...etc. In fact, the only thing they have in common is that they are both entertainment media...but I'll use that as my example...

Oof...what has happened to our community...did the LoL players get bored in their game and decide to give ours a try?

• Like 1

Lets all just state the fact.

This games PvP and Esport scene might have actually stood a chance had they just removed downed state, and in doing so, rally, from PvP.

Most people I play MMO's with who all agree GW2 is a sham of a PvP game compared to GW1, all state that the real problem is rally in PvP. Downing 3 people just to have all 3 of them pop back up because one of your teammates die removes the entire point of focusing targets and team play. When a viable strategy is "Don't kill them because one of our team is low in downed"...you know you've botched your PvP. Just imagine that in any battle setting. You're in a fight for your life, and the best play is to NOT FIGHT.....

The Pro's have said it, a large portion of the community have said it...heck, even GW2 has proved it. WvW is always like 3x more active on no downed state weeks. Yet here we are, the butt of every MMO PvP communities jokes.

• Like 5