Sahne´s Top 5 Degenerates [Roaming]

Sahne.6950

Do you suck at roaming? Do you finally want to be carried by your build? FEAR NO MORE!

Here are my top 5 most degenerate builds that i use almost everyday. Pizzeasy and alot of them are simply unkillable if you are playing with atleast 2 braincells even in situation where you are heavily outnumbered. i ranked the builds depending on how good they handle diffrent situations in WvW. mostly 1v1, 1vX, 2vX and trying to not get zerged, while picking enemys on the edges of bigger battles.

All of the builds feature an exceptional good condicleanse which is very important in nowaydays roaming, and they either have insane mobility and stealth or other gimmicky features like permareflect and ridicilous Hpgains, or its simply harbinger.

#5 Kekeye Since the new SA changes Deadeye has become incredibly obnoxious. A good Deadeye can kill ANYTHING.

https://guildjen.com/rifle-deadeye-roaming-build/      I am having most succes with this build! Credit to... i think Vallun!? alternative: use cloaked in shadows for blind on dodge.

#4Bruiserspampest projectilehateuptime of over 100% and insane sustain make this Tempest build incredibly effective in the current meta. This is currently my mainbuild and i am having a blast playing it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-z1IY1oh/MiUBkrEQyzyWTbA-w

3#Pee/pee Daredevil This is a build that actually surprised me. The SA changes and my new take on maintaining 25 might have elevated this build into another dimension. <-- give this a try! its insane!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAorlFwAZisNGJe0W3NdA-z1IY1okvMysAKNEcfWqSaDA-w   (alternatives: Shortbow offhand | shadows rejuvenation, you can then run signet of agility for extra cleanse instead of smokescreen,  otherwise you need the extra smokefield to keep rotating without running out of initiative | cloaked in shadows)

2#kecter High mobility, High sustain, incredible conditionvomit. Its competing with Harbinger for spot #1. Harbinger is kind of stronger in standing its ground, but specter has more mobility, which is very valuable in roaming.  http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABsqxjlhyqYpsNWLO2WnxWA-zVRYVRDvYEDlSKFQshQvRQIJg7zCvTbA-w  (alternatives: Rune of Antitoxin, you trade alot of your damage for it, but you essentially become immune to conditions.)

1#Garbinger Not really much to talk about here. This is the strongest build you can possibly play at the moment. If you want to smack your butt on your keyboard over and over again and want to make some insane 1v5 clips while doing so.... this is the build for you!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYpjlhyUZeMLWLW0OvRTA-z1IY1om/UiUIUpEITFQsiAJPL8OtBA-w  <--- also works with rune of speed(alternative: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAoiZlhysYqMPWLWUPrRTA-z1IY1oj/UiTBEoEoUhQviAFfACYP8aIwaEA-w) <---- this is a bit more agressive verions, but according to my m8, this build SLAPS!  I would also link the aristocracy build here, but weakeningshroud is bugged and not giving weakness currently, making the aristocracy build not viable currently.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Esufer.8762 said:

I honestly expected this to just be a callout thread to the people you wanted to start beef with the most

haha! that would be WAYYYY more than 5 people 😄

it is just a list of what i believe are the strongest and most consistent roaming builds currently.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Sahne´s Top 5 Degenerates [Roaming]
6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

haha! that would be WAYYYY more than 5 people 😄

it is just a list of what i believe are the strongest and most consistent roaming builds currently.

this seems like a ranger/engi propaganda. every roaming list that doesnt contains ranger/engi builds cant be serious. plz mr. sahne, make better researches  🧐

i am awaiting your reports tomorrow. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@Sahne, +10 from me but for a different reasons. gw2skills.net is an awesome tool.

Anyone looking to see how a build would look its a great website and been using it for years. Am a geek theory crafter and the site is quite useful. Hats off to the creator and if you haven't been there pay it a visit if you are pondering a build or try to see what someone built and was successful against you. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Missed the actual point of the why, forget to mention website was the point.

16 hours ago, Zero.3871 said:

this seems like a ranger/engi propaganda. every roaming list that doesnt contains ranger/engi builds cant be serious. plz mr. sahne, make better researches  🧐

i am awaiting your reports tomorrow. 😏

I am advocating for the "no-pet-karate-ranger" for a long time! i also started i think... 2 threads about it aswell! its not in the list, but it would for SURE be #6!

here take this! "no-pet-karate-ranger"

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlRwAZPsQmJWsX7P7R8G-zVRYBhWzXMqIqCKkwSgODherAbnl0PjAA-w

gameplay: Stay in Soulbeastmode 24/7, cuz who needs pets when you have the blackbelt in "smacking people a straight 15k into their face"? 90%critchance and 272%critdamage go a long way^^

HERE! take this meme of a video! The videoquality and sound are made by the Anet balancing team! (spoiler: this clips are not highlights, its literally encounter after encounter... aka. a average day for a karate ranger)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

No Cele Willblender?

nope. not good enough.

the burn is too easily cleansable. we are looking for degenerate builds and not for things that are remotely broken.

dont get me wrong, Cele Willybender is stronk..... BUT WE NEED THE FULL BRAINDEAD "SMACK YOUR BUTT ON THE KEYBOARD AND WIN THE 1V5" GAMEPLAY! 😉

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I roam on Harb. Stop  calling it OP. I dont win every fight. Perma Stealth condi Thiefs and Mesmers are more annoying than Harb by far. 

i dont win "every" fight, says it all....for sure something is only op if you can beat everything!  aslong as you die once or twice a day... its for sure balanced.🤡

btw, if your dying to a thief or mesmer as harbinger.... thats on you 100%. i literally see no possible way that any mesmer, be it celemirage or celevirtuoso would be in any way capable of killing me as a harb, unless i keep on spamming my buttons when i have 20 confus on me.... hummm 😉 theres just no way for them to reliably break thru the cleanses that harbinger has. The best outcome for a mesmer would be a stalemate... but if you die to it... you missplayed badly.

"Mesmers are more annoying than harb by far"🤡😂😂 delusional to say the least.... some people are being braindead carried by their specs and they dont even notice it...

Are you atleast aware that your whole Greatmastertrait is literally not working since over a month? Harb is so unreasonably strong that alot of people just mash buttons and straight up dont notice that a whole GM trait is not working since over a month! I bet all my money you are one of these people that main harbinger but dont even notice that a GMtrait is not working at all....  imagine any other build not having GM traits.... they would succ... But harbinger is still top of the foodchain.

let that sink in............  no GM trait.... still meta.........    and your like:  "sToP caLlINg  hARb oP!" 🤡

You can test it! the trait "weakening shroud" currently does NOT apply weakness on crits.

i am atleast admitting that i am being carried by my degenerate builds.....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Afkbrbgtgftw.7904 said:

DE farms Harbinger hard. 

yeah i actually have to agree on this one. a GOOD deadeye will kill anything right now.

but this dude was talking about "permastealth condithief".

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I am advocating for the "no-pet-karate-ranger" for a long time! i also started i think... 2 threads about it aswell! its not in the list, but it would for SURE be #6!

here take this! "no-pet-karate-ranger"

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlRwAZPsQmJWsX7P7R8G-zVRYBhWzXMqIqCKkwSgODherAbnl0PjAA-w

gameplay: Stay in Soulbeastmode 24/7, cuz who needs pets when you have the blackbelt in "smacking people a straight 15k into their face"? 90%critchance and 272%critdamage go a long way^^

HERE! take this meme of a video! The videoquality and sound are made by the Anet balancing team! (spoiler: this clips are not highlights, its literally encounter after encounter... aka. a average day for a karate ranger)

I love that we zoomed in on the video so no one sees the "X server" recruit titles.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i dont win "every" fight, says it all....for sure something is only op if you can beat everything!  aslong as you die once or twice a day... its for sure balanced.🤡

btw, if your dying to a thief or mesmer as harbinger.... thats on you 100%. i literally see no possible way that any mesmer, be it celemirage or celevirtuoso would be in any way capable of killing me as a harb, unless i keep on spamming my buttons when i have 20 confus on me.... hummm 😉 theres just no way for them to reliably break thru the cleanses that harbinger has. The best outcome for a mesmer would be a stalemate... but if you die to it... you missplayed badly.

"Mesmers are more annoying than harb by far"🤡😂😂 delusional to say the least.... some people are being braindead carried by their specs and they dont even notice it...

Are you atleast aware that your whole Greatmastertrait is literally not working since over a month? Harb is so unreasonably strong that alot of people just mash buttons and straight up dont notice that a whole GM trait is not working since over a month! I bet all my money you are one of these people that main harbinger but dont even notice that a GMtrait is not working at all....  imagine any other build not having GM traits.... they would succ... But harbinger is still top of the foodchain.

let that sink in............  no GM trait.... still meta.........    and your like:  "sToP caLlINg  hARb oP!" 🤡

You can test it! the trait "weakening shroud" currently does NOT apply weakness on crits.

i am atleast admitting that i am being carried by my degenerate builds.....

You sound more upset that you are now dying in WvW. Again I dont win every fight. Yet you call my skill into play? I just dont get that.

Put your little confused emojis over there please _________________________________________>

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

#4Bruiserspampest projectilehateuptime of over 100% and insane sustain make this Tempest build incredibly effective in the current meta. This is currently my mainbuild and i am having a blast playing it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-z1IY1oh/MiUBkrEQyzyWTbA-w

This is what they call a one-trick pony, no? Do you output enough damage to kill decent players with it?

10 hours ago, Loke.1429 said:

This is what they call a one-trick pony, no? Do you output enough damage to kill decent players with it?

Do you need overwhelming damage when you are still at 100% hp because the enemy cant touch you and the enemy is at 20% hp due to comboed condi damage?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/7/2022 at 1:27 AM, Loke.1429 said:

11 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

Do you have a video of the tempest in action? I want to get into it but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. What combos to do, what are the best attunement swap order etc.

Nope, this is not a onetrick pony.

Yes, you have enough damage to kill good players. The damage is surprisingly very high. But it needs to be set up.

You need to bind people in your damagefields (fire4,5, or overloads). to do that, try to cycle Roots and stuns and  actively try to overlap/cover your burn or roots with other conditions. If you are doing it good the damage / roots becomes borderline impossible to cleanse! you can produce over 10 seconds of Root and hide it under 5 other conditions. For example if you have burn on your enemy, go in earth and cover the burn with bleed and cripple. you could also do firesignet->earthsignet-> earth overload. The overload will periodically apply bleed/cripple, thus cleansing the root and burn on him becomes VERY hard. the Earthoverl., will root him again, then use earth 3 to root yet again and place firefields underhim.  In WvW you use Doom/tormenting sigils to gain even more covercondis, making it even harder to cleanse. Most builds will simply get overwhelmed with CC+roots. And then inevitably melt to your condis / Damagefields.

In WvW there is just 3-4 Matchups that you cant reliably win: Celeharbinger, sc/p Celespecter, Condirev  and good deadeyes. (good De´s will kite you forever and use the small windows during you dont have magaura)

In PvP there is just 2 Matchups that you will most likely loose. <- its comparatively stronger in pvp!

sc/p Specter, Deadeye

Every other matchup against the popular builds favors you thanks to either magaura or shockauras. There is a few builds that work against this, your main counter is meelecondi builds but they are barely played right now. For example a condition berserker will 100% melt you no matter what... gladly... no one plays those builds right now.

I am playing this build  in ranked and right now i am sitting in plat 1.

Basic stuff to keep in mind when playing this:

-try and get a few burnstacks on someone and then go for example in earth and cover it with bleed and cripple.

-try and cycle your CC´s. root->stun->root->stun.

-When your low-> waterelemental will heal 8k on a 15 sec cd.  Waterelemental + healingsignet is almost 0-100 heal.

-use the healsignet, whenever its off CD.

-cycling your reflects good is key. DO NOT OVERLAP ANY AURAS.

-whenever your done overloading, swap attunements. make this a habit.

If you want to learn it, hit me up ingame i will gladly show you the basicstuff.

Sadly i just have some random footage of me killing some people in the FFA arena... and a 2v6 as bonusclip. Some of these people were straight up hot garbage, but thats all i have for now.

(i summon the fire elemental in the video, this was by accident! always go for the waterelemental.)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Nope, this is not a onetrick pony.

Yes, you have enough damage to kill good players. The damage is surprisingly very high. But it needs to be set up.

You need to bind people in your damagefields (fire4,5, or overloads). to do that, try to cycle Roots and stuns and  actively try to overlap/cover your burn or roots with other conditions. If you are doing it good the damage / roots becomes borderline impossible to cleanse! you can produce over 10 seconds of Root and hide it under 5 other conditions. For example if you have burn on your enemy, go in earth and cover the burn with bleed and cripple. you could also do firesignet->earthsignet-> earth overload. The overload will periodically apply bleed/cripple, thus cleansing the root and burn on him becomes VERY hard. the Earthoverl., will root him again, then use earth 3 to root yet again and place firefields underhim.  In WvW you use Doom/tormenting sigils to gain even more covercondis, making it even harder to cleanse. Most builds will simply get overwhelmed with CC+roots. And then inevitably melt to your condis / Damagefields.

In WvW there is just 3-4 Matchups that you cant reliably win: Celeharbinger, sc/p Celespecter, Condirev  and good deadeyes. (good De´s will kite you forever and use the small windows during you dont have magaura)

In PvP there is just 2 Matchups that you will most likely loose. <- its comparatively stronger in pvp!

sc/p Specter, Deadeye

Every other matchup against the popular builds favors you thanks to either magaura or shockauras. There is a few builds that work against this, your main counter is meelecondi builds but they are barely played right now. For example a condition berserker will 100% melt you no matter what... gladly... no one plays those builds right now.

I am playing this build  in ranked and right now i am sitting in plat 1.

Basic stuff to keep in mind when playing this:

-try and get a few burnstacks on someone and then go for example in earth and cover it with bleed and cripple.

-try and cycle your CC´s. root->stun->root->stun.

-When your low-> waterelemental will heal 8k on a 15 sec cd.  Waterelemental + healingsignet is almost 0-100 heal.

-use the healsignet, whenever its off CD.

-cycling your reflects good is key. DO NOT OVERLAP ANY AURAS.

-whenever your done overloading, swap attunements. make this a habit.

If you want to learn it, hit me up ingame i will gladly show you the basicstuff.

Sadly i just have some random footage of me killing some people in the FFA arena... and a 2v6 as bonusclip. Some of these people were straight up hot garbage, but thats all i have for now.

(i summon the fire elemental in the video, this was by accident! always go for the waterelemental.)

So I hate coming against these. If they are not very good I can beat them, but feels more often than not...the build carries the player.

So, now that you've explained how to use it, how do you defeat it? I usually try to keep range on it and interrupt as much as possible to put off the building of condition stacks.

Are there certain classes, tactics, or skills you struggle with?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Santo.2419 said:

So I hate coming against these. If they are not very good I can beat them, but feels more often than not...the build carries the player.

So, now that you've explained how to use it, how do you defeat it? I usually try to keep range on it and interrupt as much as possible to put off the building of condition stacks.

Are there certain classes, tactics, or skills you struggle with?

this build doesnt rly carry you. if you play bad your dmg is lacking REAL HARD. you need to set the dmg up.

counters:

This build is good against ranged.

This build is good against power.

conclusion: your weakspot is meelecondi.   for example Condirev, Condiberserker, Fireweaver, and for some reason Condisoulbeast...

This build also struggles against anything that can bypass the shockaura and magaura at the same time. Anything that is  "nonprojectile ranged". for example Freshair or sc/p specter.

sc/p Condispecter goes right thru your defenses. You will loose 100% of the fights against this for example.

Luckily those build (expect specter) are not popular atm, your counters are basicly nonexistent(except specter) thats why its incredibly effective in the current meta.

inside of WvW you will also loose to celeharbinger.... you have every tool on this planet to deal with him... but after a 15 minute long slugfest... you will eventually melt... in pvp on the otherhand you will beat harbingers no problemo.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1