We really should get a free set of Legendary Armor

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Which the majority have , it wont effect them if other people have it .

The more people can change stats faster , the better for everyone

It is not better for everyone people have a hard time getting 300 g for a commander tag how will they afford the 300+g per armor part legendary armor then?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Which the majority have , it wont effect them if other people have it .

The more people can change stats faster , the better for everyone

Then we can create a "commander food" , that forces the stats to change to those silly casuals lege armor in Instances , rather to ask the to change manually

No.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is not better for everyone people have a hard time getting 300 g for a commander tag how will they afford the 300+g per armor part legendary armor then?

I guess people  don't like to lead , too many responsibilities , so they are not getting the tags .

Can't you make 30gold (Fractals) x 30 days x 3months to cover the cost ?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 7

Let me get this right: you want a full set of the best armour in the game for every character on your account just for logging in and slobbing about in open world? And you want this for everyone who is eligible for the 10-year anniversary? Are you actually for real?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Hi, I'm a filthy casual open-world PVE player, I don't want Legendary armor and I don't think us open-world PVE players should have it.

It's Legendary armor for a reason. You want it? You work hard for it. That means doing things like raids or PVP or WVW. Running around in open-world fighting enemy A so they drop item B which you turn into other item C at place D is not working hard. Logging in for ten years is not working hard. Having an account that is ten years old, that you've never used and happen to come back to because it's the tenth anniversary and you finally remembered you have this game, is definitely not working hard. That's the height of entitled silliness.

Why do open-world PVE players even need Legendary armor, anyway? You can get along just fine with exotic gear if all you're doing is the story and open-world exploration.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Maybe a legendary trinket (a ring or something), but no way a full set of armor. Plus, even if they added something it would likely be behind an extremely long questline like Seasons of the Dragons.

I'm fine with that as long as it is not  tedious and frustrating stuff like for example  Hidden Arcana story part was. I almost got mad when I had to do it again for Seasons of Dragons. 

Edited by samsar.9152
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Hi, I'm a filthy casual open-world PVE player, I don't want Legendary armor and I don't think us open-world PVE players should have it.

It's Legendary armor for a reason. You want it? You work hard for it. That means doing things like raids or PVP or WVW. Running around in open-world fighting enemy A so they drop item B which you turn into other item C at place D is not working hard. Logging in for ten years is not working hard. Having an account that is ten years old, that you've never used and happen to come back to because it's the tenth anniversary and you finally remembered you have this game, is definitely not working hard. That's the height of entitled silliness.

Why do open-world PVE players even need Legendary armor, anyway? You can get along just fine with exotic gear if all you're doing is the story and open-world exploration.

Neither is grinding PvP/WvW for hours according to your logic. (you don't even have to win in these gamemodes, you just play for a buttload of time then pay a buttload of gold to get leggie armor)

Like, what's the issue, if it were to be added to OW it could be locked behind an insane grind or something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Neither is grinding PvP/WvW for hours according to your logic. (you don't even have to win in these gamemodes, you just play for a buttload of time then pay a buttload of gold to get leggie armor)

Like, what's the issue, if it were to be added to OW it could be locked behind an insane grind or something.

You can already get wvw legendary armor, or at least some of it, by grinding open world.

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem with this, however, is that Legendaries are 'end game' content. When they are passed out for free, you effectively lose reasons for players to log in.

Now, would I mind a 'Legendary' SKIN? By that, a skin that provides a weapon an aura, a footstep visual, a draw animation..? Sure, that would be very cool. But not the Legendary weapon itself (ie stat change on a whim, etc).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

roflmao - If you've been playing for ten years, what the heck have you been doing with your time? This December will be my fourth birthday and I have 3 full sets of leggy armor, 8 leggy weapons, a leggy backpack, a leggy amulet and I'm working on a leggy ring right now. That's what I've been doing in Tyria for almost four years. What have you been doing?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

roflmao - If you've been playing for ten years, what the heck have you been doing with your time? This December will be my fourth birthday and I have 3 full sets of leggy armor, 8 leggy weapons, a leggy backpack, a leggy amulet and I'm working on a leggy ring right now. That's what I've been doing in Tyria for almost four years. What have you been doing?

I have to say that is really nice done. I have 20 legendary weapons, 1 legendary amulet (that Seasons one), 1 full legendary armor set ( Envoy), 1 legendary back item ( Ad Infinitum), Coalescense, Conflux, Aurora and Vision. I have been playing GW 2 for 10 years (soon). 🙂

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

twiddeling their thumbs it seems.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

twiddeling their thumbs it seems.

Well after 10 years , we can always give the Legendary Armor from multi ways (even 10 years  accounts)

We trasition from the progression (exotic>Asc>Legg) and we adopt a GW1 model 😛

And from now on you must destroy 2.000 blue/green/yellows/exotic to unlock future stats (helps the AH) or kill world bosses-rerun the open world>more alive world, every 3 months (GW2 launch traits)

Then we move to Legendary mounts : Raid Armor Animation(or wavy pieces of cloths-ragged-Bloodborn) + Mount = Heeman !

• Confused 7

50 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

We do.

Even more ways then !

Edit:Progression :

Immagine the new legendary set to start only with Berseker + Viper+ 1x selection stats , and every 2 month (tournament style) by doing events/world bosses/re-populate the open world , you unlock a random stat . If you unlock all the stats you unlock a mount .

New stats come every 2 months and every 5th new stat ,you unlock something else .

Or you can use 1x stat + 4 tinny flying orbs and at the 10 month you can upgrade 1x of  those orbs  into a "mega-orb"

Or some Heartstone UI , with fuzzy animals you can click and interact or occasially run or bark and dissapear

Or Cannac or any member to occssionally throw some "shiv-prison" joke

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

No, a person that created a character 10 years ago and maybe played 60 hours dont deserve to log in and get a free legendary armor, definetly no. And if you have +10k hours you should already have legendary stuff if not all.

And this is what i dont like specially of Gw2 forums, that the feedback some players give its just against the games future. Post like this, or put skyscale in the gemstore or many other dumb suggestions that i dont think people even think before posting or are so selfish that just wanna throw it out not knowing the consecuences.

I think reddit has become a place where 80% of the feedback/suggestion are good, while on this forum is like 40% at max.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

I don't think we should get free kitten just because we are older than everyone else.  If anything, I want to earn Legendary armor without having to raid. I hate raids and group play, but that's just me. 

Go solo it in either spvp or wvw then.

You can paraticipate without talking to anyone and get it over time.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

I don't think we should get free kitten just because we are older than everyone else.  If anything, I want to earn Legendary armor without having to raid. I hate raids and group play, but that's just me. 

Why do you even play mmos? That's the whole point to the genre is to play a "living, breathing world with other people".

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1