Can we get a mastery to walk on the ocean floor

15 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Gross I don’t wanna to do it on that thing 

it’s too big and I don’t want that.. I just wanna casual stroll on the ocean floor 

My favorite forum post thus far.

Seawalker vs. Turtle.

Seawalker gets my vote. Only thing worse then a Mechanist's Jade Bot are those Jade Turtles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

20 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Gross I don’t wanna to do it on that thing 

it’s too big and I don’t want that.. I just wanna casual stroll on the ocean floor 

That's unkind, you hurt it's feelings.   Also did you know it can be used for breakbars underwater.  It's not too big, it's the ocean.  There are bigger things trying to eat you.  My turtle is beautiful and we go on underwater strolls while picking seaweed together!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its literally the point of the turtle (besides transporting friends). Why are players so picky these days? The devs give you exactly what you want and you say "no, not like that".

The people who got exactly what they wanted probably don’t post on the forums about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When they rework LFG, improve achivement section spliting the side story quest out so you can see them and do it, put markers when ur doing this QUESTS called "collections" so you dont have to watch 1.000 useless videos. When they add raids, pvp maps, pvp modes, fractals etcetc...  Then im up for this kind of stuff, not before wasting resources in something that is not gonna have any impact.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its literally the point of the turtle (besides transporting friends). Why are players so picky these days? The devs give you exactly what you want and you say "no, not like that".

How is it exactly what they want when the OP does not want to walk the sea floor on a turtle???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The SKIMMER CENSORSHIP in this thread.

Given that an underwater map seems pretty likely, I totally could see us getting some limited capacity to walk on the ocean floor with some map-specific upgrade kind of like LWS3 gliding gimmicks.

Edited by CourtJester.5908
  • Confused 3

Y’all are laughing but it would be fun!

we could walk through ancient underwater cities

maybe we can meet the Largos in their capital city and just be able to walk  on the ocean floor like Atlanteans.

then we could also fight like normal with out feet implanted on the floor.

it provides a whole new biome for us to explore..

but y’all can stay narrow minded 

Boop! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 8/17/2022 at 2:28 AM, Artyport.2084 said:

I just want to walk on the ground under water.

I mostly get lit and go exploring in Gw2 and the one thing I just wanna do is walk under the waves. 

thank yooooo

cant you already do that if you ride the turtle it walks on ground in water.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Sometime you just have to settle cause ArenaNet isn't going to give you everything you want, especially if they don't think enough of the player base would be interested.

Settling is lame! 
push for what you want! 
you only get one life! Might miss to chance to go! 
this opportunity only happens once in a life time! You betta !!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 8/21/2022 at 12:51 PM, Artyport.2084 said:

we could also fight like normal with (our) feet (planted) on the floor.

Yep, this would make a water map (and watery areas in general) much more accessible. Most of the pushback people have for UW content is either 'I hate the movement' or 'I hate the skills/lack of skills'. With a gravity boot mastery of some kind, you could swim, skim, or run around on the floor at your leisure. The only swimming you'd 'have' to do would be to seek out vistas, puzzles, or collect loot chests tucked out of the way. Mobs would technically be considered flying enemies, and the map(s) in question could include environmental weapons and masteries to allow you to attack at range from the sea floor.

I'd absolutely love to see this in future releases (in addition to them fixing and finishing existing UW abilities - some specs are massively broken in water right now).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1