Does EoD feel more like a Living Story or Expansion to you all?

Ausar.9542

9 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yes, I realize that.  The point was asking for opinions when they've already been given doesn't really need a new thread.  What further discussion on the topic needs to be had?  /shrug

To quote you from another thread: I'm entitled to my opinion. 

/shrug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

To quote you from another thread: I'm entitled to my opinion. 

/shrug

He is right though, these threads only lead to bickering and forum PvP, they add nothing new to the discussion. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

He is right though, these threads only lead to bickering and forum PvP, they add nothing new to the discussion. 

After a while, most opinions would have been voiced but there always a new perspective. Sometimes we are so sure we know everything there is to know about something, and along comes a complete rookie with a different take that's so much better. And with the influx of new players, this is a very distinct possibility.

As for forum PvP, any topics are subjected to it because we all have our own biased opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

Pof: Here is a tribe of undead living under a city, a warring faction led by Joko of resurrected egyptian zombies enslaved against their will with zombie driven cities to fight against the branded, the flaming minions of balthazarr, a waring tribe, all these ranches for the skimmers, and everyone else.

EoD: Here is a empty city with only 1 meta. The only time you even see 10 people inside of it is a story instance where after completion they despawn and never appear again, leaving you in a empty city. But sometimes during the blacklight meta you at least have mechs to fight and one giant mega mini boss. Outside of 2 npcs in the meta though, Do people even exist... or spawn.. or walk in New Khaheng  though?

Dragon's end has good gold and decent mini events. It's not bad, just i can barely recall anything happening in echovalds wilds other than it's empty and a annoying boss on ziplines that one shots all non mechanists with the insta incap if you're not behind a barrier the mechanists can easily shoot from is a bit annoying.

Then the other area, pretty, but i think there's literally just a leviathan spawn there and nothing to do there? 

bruh dont pretend like most of the areas in PoF dont feel like stark empty polygonal models with mobs spaced over them equidistantly. You know, Id actually be fine with that if those areas were dune deserts that are meant to feel open, but there's so much empty architecture and smudgy brown terrain and rocks designed around just blasting through with your mount as fast as possible. I think EoD did a much better job at finding a balance between size and detail. Not a perfect one, but honestly? better than PoF.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Even moreso when OP already made a "make EoD better" thread a week ago https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/119860-besides-balance-and-bugs-whats-some-changes-that-could-have-made-eod-better/

...didn't participate in a discussion, but instead throws a new similar thread. Another thread next week, probably?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Four maps is a bit on the short side, but I liked the many details and the beautifully designed maps. Other games add several dungeons and raid wings, we only got four boss encounters for instanced content, which is a bit on the short side. Story was pretty nice imho and I also like the music. Also, they will expand the EoD maps when the new 'living world' arrives (after season 1 dropped).

• Confused 2

Said it before and i'll say it again, they could decide to delete EoD tomorrow and the only thing i'd actually honestly miss are the strikes. 

I still love this game but i really hope the 4th exp and hopefully a 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th are much more impactful to my daily play and enjoyable than EoD was. Like my only interaction with eod really is going to arborstone to enter strikes and buying weekly antiques and clovers. I visited non arborstone cantha for the first time (excluding alt parked at jp for unusual coins) since probably april this week and that was only for the decade of dragons achieve. 

I just don't care for it at all.

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
Forgot clovers
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Said it before and i'll say it again, they could decide to delete EoD tomorrow and the only thing i'd actually honestly miss are the strikes. 

I still love this game but i really hope the 4th exp and hopefully a 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th are much more impactful to my daily play and enjoyable than EoD was. Like my only interaction with eod really is going to arborstone to enter strikes and buying weekly antiques. I visited non arborstone cantha for the first time (excluding alt parked at jp for unusual coins) since probably april this week and that was only for the decade of dragons achieve. 

I just don't care for it at all.

Pretty much this except that I do enjoy some of the new elite specs (and the monastery armor set) as well.

• Like 2

Eh with all the studio issues it was always going to seem a bit rough. Ironically though I remember people complaining about the lack of events and empty maps back when PoF came out. I think EoD did a better job here imo. Evening during launch time both The Desolation and Vabbi were pretty empty and the only thing people were doing was Griffon related. If anything, it's actually a good thing if an expansion is like a LW season. As a whole, LWS4 was better than PoF the base expansion (excluding the mounts), and IBS would have been too if they didn't scrap it early.

All three expansions for story have all kind of felt rushed though. HoT's story barely existed, the whole thing was a rush to the end and there was like no epilogue. PoF felt a bit beefier but it was a bit unfocused with Kesho, Vlast and Joko stuff (should have just made a whole Joko expansion lol). I also felt the ending was rushed.

EoD on the other hand had a pretty focused narrative and took it's time with a lot of it until Echovald where it just drops off a cliff. Felt like there was a whole act missing here which is felt because you're barely in the forest before going back to the other two maps. At least it had a decent ending an epilogue though. A lot more cinematic.

Anyhow, it's probably obvious by now but the LW seasons filled in a lot of what was missing. For HoT, we had the missing story with the egg finally paying off. For PoF, we had some pretty epic maps and the last two were pretty awesome. I imagine for LWS6 we'll probably see something to similar effect. Hopefully they can actually build something up and take their time with it for once.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's... pretty much the norm for the expansion though?

Other MMOs I played offer rather 5-6 maps. Also they release this every two years and don't wait five years. And that said, they also offer several dungeons AND raids. We go neither.

In addition there were no real big features like new race, class or weapons or a new crafting discipline what I hoped (not really believed though). We only had minor features like boats and fishing.

Edited by ProtoGunner.4953
  • Confused 3