Mount skin????

Come on Anet, really?🙄 This is the Anniversary present and only people with PoF can get it?

Not people who upgraded from a free game to the base game or Herioc ? Not people who bought EoD and have 3 of the mounts available to them to use in game?

If you are playing the game when the occassional Living Story freebies happen you can log in and claim them despite not having the expansions attached to them, for you to use at some point if or when you upgrade but you cannot claim the Anniversary mount? Having these things available to accounts that are not fully equipped with DLC's or Expacs is a good thing, being forced to upgrade in the next few days if you want to get your 'free' mount isn't.

I could understand totally if you said no to free accounts, but all of the above have invested in the game and deserve access to this mount too.

Edited by Whirlygig.9685
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

Come on Anet, really?🙄 This is the Anniversary present and only people with PoF can get it?

Not people who upgraded from a free game to the base game or Herioc ? Not people who bought EoD and have 3 of the mounts available to them to use in game?

If you are playing the game when the occassional Living Story freebies happen you can log in and claim them despite not having the expansions attached to them, for you to use at some pint if or when you upgrade but you cannot claim the Anniversary mount? Having these things available to accounts that are not fully equipped with DLC's or Expacs is a good thing, being forced to upgrade in the next few days if you want to get your 'free' mount isn't.

I could understand totally if you said no to free accounts, but all of the above have invested in the game and deserve access to this mount too.

People really will complain about literally anything huh

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, kettering.6823 said:

Not 'anything' Kettering, a genuine point of issue for peoeple who have paid into the game and cannot get the 'gift' in terms of what the gift IS, its great, but thats not what I am unhappy about, I have the 'gift' on 2 accounts that have acces to it, family members who are newer to the game do not, neither does my alt account. Thanks for the tone deaf sneering, it was a reasonable point to make and thing to request.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

If you are playing the game when the occassional Living Story freebies happen you can log in and claim them despite not having the expansions attached to them, for you to use at some point if or when you upgrade but you cannot claim the Anniversary mount? Having these things available to accounts that are not fully equipped with DLC's or Expacs is a good thing, being forced to upgrade in the next few days if you want to get your 'free' mount isn't.

I'm not sure all players that acquired a Heroic Edition have invested much, cash-wise.  You are aware that Heroic Edition codes are given out often; some company is giving them out now..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

Not 'anything' Kettering, a genuine point of issue for peoeple who have paid into the game and cannot get the 'gift' in terms of what the gift IS, its great, but thats not what I am unhappy about, I have the 'gift' on 2 accounts that have acces to it, family members who are newer to the game do not, neither does my alt account. Thanks for the tone deaf sneering, it was a reasonable point to make and thing to request.

It is a gift for people who paid for PoF. I am not sure how giving a gift for buying a given item is a bad thing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

You require PoF to even use the mounts you would be getting a skin for... you can't not own the content and then go 'I can't use this?! Garbage!' lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kettering.6823 said:

Feels really great to be treated as second class customer, because I bought the "wrong" expansions which happens to be EoD.

No point to throw any more money at a company with such a bad attitude.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Lily.5842 said:

Feels really great to be treated as second class customer, because I bought the "wrong" expansions which happens to be EoD.

No point to throw any more money at a company with such a bad attitude.

You bought an expansion that didn't include the mounts and now you're mad you can't redeem the free mount gift. You wouldn't even be able to use it. This is nonsensical. lol

They gave away a lot of other free stuff during the anniversary, too, stuff that anyone can use. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, kettering.6823 said:

You bought an expansion that didn't include the mounts

EoD comes with the Raptor and the Springer. I wasn't aware that one requires masteries to apply a different skin.

Not to mention that there isn't any disclaimer about the eligibility for this "free" item. Unless you show me an official ArenaNet statement that this gift is only for a select group of customers, I treat it as a deceptive and misleading marketing practice.

Not to mention that even F2P accounts were eligible to claim the Living World Seasons last year that they can't use (yet).

5 minutes ago, kettering.6823 said:

You wouldn't even be able to use it. This is nonsensical. lol

What a great example of the friendly and "welcoming" GW2 community. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, kettering.6823 said:

You bought an expansion that didn't include the mounts and now you're mad you can't redeem the free mount gift. You wouldn't even be able to use it. This is nonsensical. lol

2 hours ago, Lily.5842 said:

EoD comes with the Raptor and the Springer. I wasn't aware that one requires masteries to apply a different skin.

I don't know why there should be resistance to anyone who had bought the EoD expansions to be able to claim the gifts. Raptors and Springer are available, so they should be included. Although I don't know how useful those mounts are since they only have base masteries.

As I mentioned before, it's a 10th anniversary gift. Let everyone have it whether they can use it or not. Is there any harm with that? Might incentivise some to purchase PoF/HoT.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 1

Excluding the new players, primarily those on Steam I assume, on their first week of playing from all the celebration stuff and gift, like the decade armor as well, probably doesn't leave a great impression on them but apparently people will always defend Anet on things.

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Miragen.6127 said:

Excluding the new players, primarily those on Steam I assume, on their first week of playing from all the celebration stuff and gift, like the decade armor as well, probably doesn't leave a great impression on them but apparently people will always defend Anet on things.

Why are new players excluded from the decade armor? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Why are new players excluded from the decade armor? 

I assume because getting enough Proofs requires doing level 80 and expansion content (or having enough 10 year old characters).

But the achievements are permanent, so new players aren't excluded, they just have to wait until they're ready for that part of the game, just like they do for the achievements, items, story etc. which was originally part of the expansions and level 80 maps.

They've been able to claim all the other free items in the gem store as well, it's just this one which is restricted.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

I don't know why there should be resistance to anyone who had bought the EoD expansions to be able to claim the gifts. Raptors and Springer are available, so they should be included. Although I don't know how useful those mounts are since they only have base masteries.

As I mentioned before, it's a 10th anniversary gift. Let everyone have it whether they can use it or not. Is there any harm with that? Might incentivise some to purchase PoF/HoT.

It is a bit of a head scratcher. Kinda like someone at ANet is so use to thinking Mounts=PoF that they straight up forgot EOD players could use the skins on two different mounts.

And having an item sitting in your inventory reminding you that you could be flying around if you only pay for PoF seems like a standard marketing no-brainer.

14 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Free mount, no complaints.

My only complaint is that it is

so

hard

to

choose!

13 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It is a bit of a head scratcher. Kinda like someone at ANet is so use to thinking Mounts=PoF that they straight up forgot EOD players could use the skins on two different mounts.

That's because mounts do = PoF.
Except the turtle.

Giving Raptor and Springer with EoD was basically an added perk for players without PoF.. 
Something Anet didn't have to do but choose to anyway despite these players skipping over the expansion they were made for, which by all rights should come with the consequence of not being able to get them.

Anet is always doing things like this for new players to heighten the appeal of the game and honestly that's fine with me, I want more people playing this game, and staying with it.
If that means giving them more perks than I had when I started then fine, I don't care.
Hell I payed out for a collectors edition of this game at launch despite my financial situation at the time and new players don't have to pay a dime for any of that in game content anymore.
I never complained, in fact I argued against those who did when the F2P model was first released.

So when Anet does something small like this just for long time players and then we see a bunch of newer players moaning and accusing Anet being biased and unfair, it's insulting and very annoying to see such comments trashing this game and the company that made it after everything said company has done in their favour when they never had to.. and more importantly when we know most other companies would never be so generous in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teratus.2859 said:

So when Anet does something small like this just for long time players and then we see a bunch of newer players moaning and accusing Anet being biased and unfair, it's insulting and very annoying to see such comments trashing this game and the company that made it after everything said company has done in their favour when they never had to.. and more importantly when we know most other companies would never be so generous in the first place.

So, I agree with you about the moaning and the accusing.

It's the marketing end I don't quite get. It seems like a great way to hook players on mount skins by giving them their first free hit taste.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

So, I agree with you about the moaning and the accusing.

It's the marketing end I don't quite get. It seems like a great way to hook players on mount skins by giving them their first free hit taste.

It is, any players with PoF will get that though.

It's very rare we get given a free mount skin.
Marketing Wise Anet already provides enough of a hook with mounts.

There's the Rental services, the 10 hour free trail for free accounts, and the perma unlock at level 10 now for raptor if you have the expansions, most of that being very new to the game.

Not to mention simply seeing other players using them and the skin/dye jobs they have.. some good fashion wars players around.

What new players do need to remember is that basically all the mounts are a perk of owning PoF.
That includes later added ones, Skyscale, Rollar Beetle and Warclaw, you also needed PoF to unlock those living world episodes so they too are part of PoF in an extended capacity so to speak. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

It is, any players with PoF will get that though.

It's very rare we get given a free mount skin.
Marketing Wise Anet already provides enough of a hook with mounts.

There's the Rental services, the 10 hour free trail for free accounts, and the perma unlock at level 10 now for raptor if you have the expansions, most of that being very new to the game.

Not to mention simply seeing other players using them and the skin/dye jobs they have.. some good fashion wars players around.

What new players do need to remember is that basically all the mounts are a perk of owning PoF.
That includes later added ones, Skyscale, Rollar Beetle and Warclaw, you also needed PoF to unlock those living world episodes so they too are part of PoF in an extended capacity so to speak. 

There’s definitely a hook to get PoF for mounts. I’ve been perfectly content to ignore mount _skins_ for years, though.

Until They got me looking through them because of the freebie.

Thats what I was thinking.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Miragen.6127 said:

Are new/steam players excluded from the decade armor set?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

There’s definitely a hook to get PoF for mounts. I’ve been perfectly content to ignore mount _skins_ for years, though.

Until They got me looking through them because of the freebie.

Thats what I was thinking.

Yeah I understand.

I'm not sure if there was a technical reason as well though.

When looking through the options I saw no turtles in there, only the other mounts.
Maybe that's because I don't have (nor particularly want) the turtle.. or perhaps it's because the give away licence only includes the PoF mounts.

If it's just the PoF mounts then it makes sense why PoF would be required for this freebie, despite the inclusion of Raptor and Springer with EoD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I believe so, it is earned via permanent new achievements added to the base game I think.

I am not understanding something then. If the armor can be earned by completing achievements in the base game, and new players have access to the base game, how are they excluded?

• Like 1

While it's a great gesture for the established playerbase and that can't be understated... I think we can all see why some might be ticked off if they didn't have Path of Fire yet still have access to some of the mounts.

I don't know. I guess I was just expecting more in general for the 10th anniversary but maybe the work went into launching on Steam and other ongoing projects they are working on. It has been underwhelming compared to other 10th anniversary game celebrations I have seen. Those games tended to have tons of cash shop sales building up to the launch day anniversary or immediately on and after the launch day anniversary. Many of them had in game cosmetic changes to the major points of interest or the lobby screen if they were a pvp game. Think fireworks going off in Divinity's Reach, Lion's Arch with party streamers and maybe some of the celebratory mini game stuff like the festival of the four winds.

The exact day for GW2 kind of came and went, they put through a mount skin selection license quietly the next day. The majority of the playerbase isn't reading the forums or the twitter to know to go search the gem store to get it. It should have been more obvious and in your face to generate hype, excitement and get people into the cash shop where some might spend.

It's a huge give by Arena Net to send out that many free mount skin licenses. I'm not denying it was a great thing they did but the anniversary overall has felt a bit underwhelming and understated. Maybe that was to keep things clean for the new Steam players, I don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2