Can we get Airships🛩 like Allod's Astral Ships, or Naval Ships🛳 like Archeage?

Skiffs🛶 are a cool prototype for showing that vehicles, especially sea vehicles are doable if the programmers want them. 

I would like to see some larger sea and air vehicles that have combat mechanics. 

*Naval Ships🚢

*Airships✈️

:These can be introduced into other game modes such as PvE Raid fights with a few Ship pilots and the crew of squad members that have to do some ship jumping🪂 and deck fighting against enemy creatures and boss battle.

:This can have its own form of instanced SPvP game mode similar to what Allod does with its Astral Ship battles but with your own spin to this.

:In a WvW setting, I could see something like this used as a temporary event phase that draws a certain number of players into the sky for an airship battle with offensive ships and defensive ships to protect the territory's skies, with smaller fly craft and skyscales fighting it out to destroy the larger enemy Airships. This could be a multi layered battle mechanic in WvW.  Air to Air battles, Air to land battles and land to Air battles. Would add more gameplay elements to WvW and more fun battle strategy and more fun things to do in general.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

No.

Please let GW2 be GW2 and not some clone/copy of another game.

Little off topic, but lets dive deep into this subject on "Something being a Clone or Copy from another Game"

So tell me this, what are the qualifications for something to be considered a clone or copy of something from another game?

Is Mesmer a Copy from Mesmerizer Class from Everquest?

Is Gliders a copy of Gliders from Archeage?

Is Greatsword a copy of 2hander swords from WoW?

Is WvW a Copy of DAoC?

Tell me Kharmin, what qualifies as a copy/clone of something from another game?

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, anninke.7469 said:

I still wish I could have an airship house 🙂

Even an air-boat would do, come on...

Me to. Even a large instanced airship house that is fully decorated like Allod's Astral ships ✈️ would be nice.  I saw a video of it, and I have to give props 👏 🙌 werw props due. It's an interesting concept in a fantasy MMO. Would love to see more of it here in Gw2 but with GW2 quality 👌 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Me to. Even a large instanced airship house that is fully decorated like Allod's Astral ships ✈️ would be nice.  I saw a video of it, and I have to give props 👏 🙌 werw props due. It's an interesting concept in a fantasy MMO. Would love to see more of it here in Gw2 but with GW2 quality 👌 

To be honest, I don't know that game. But some time ago someone mentioned airships as a housing option and I've been wanting one ever since 😀

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hell yeah! Let's go even further! How about we make the whole game progression based with new level cap and new gear every 3 months! Let's add subscription service! Let's make raids the only thing that matter in the game! Let's remove hearts and dynamic events and metas and make static quests that you pick up at NPCs like all the other MMOs!

Hell, let's just directly copy-paste all the other MMOs, why do we even need the game to look different? Let's copy WoW mechanics, looks, classes, let's copy even the maps, let's copy everything! Best idea ever man! Who needs different games? Let's just make all the games the same! I wanna feel like I play the same game even when I play different games!

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Just now, Knighthonor.4061 said:

So like:

"Can we get two hander swords like WoW"

Anet: "Introducing the Greatsword"

So let's get rid of that weapon than since it's a copy like you defined here

Indeed.

And classes like warrior.

Gliders

Mounts.

Skiffs

Fishing

Instanced group content.

All of our current weapons.

Etc.

Using another game as an example of how something has been done well is not the same as asking for this game to become a clone of that one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Indeed.

And classes like warrior.

Gliders

Mounts.

Skiffs

Fishing

Instanced group content.

All of our current weapons.

Etc.

Using another game as an example of how something has been done well is not the same as asking for this game to become a clone of that one.

GW2 is just a copy of GW1!

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

When someone asks "Can we get X like in game Z". 

This.  While games all borrow from each other, let's keep what makes each unique.  It's become all too frequent to have people ask for wanting GW2 to look like x from another game.  It's not even a modified idea, it's let's copy and paste.  

Also they haven't touched WvW in... how long?  Lol highly unlikely to add airships and battleships in a mode that they keep in "pending".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

So tell me this, what are the qualifications for something to be considered a clone or copy of something from another game?

Probably something like this:

"Can we get Airships🛩 like Allod's Astral Ships, or Naval Ships🛳 like Archeage?"

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I could see it as a personal story or as an instanced group content like Dragonstorm.  

I like this. Having it be instanced like a strike or Dragonstorm would make tailoring it to team size easier (I think) than in the open world and could have multiple phases and mechanics. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

So like:

"Can we get two hander swords like WoW"

Anet: "Introducing the Greatsword"

So let's get rid of that weapon than since it's a copy like you defined here

Your argument is invalid on its face.  Why not just say that launching any MMO is the same as launching any other MMO?  I mean, if you want to argue in extremes, I suppose we can do that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1