Increase spawn rate of Veteran Creature or remove WvW Daily

Bias.4306

The Veterans are on a 10 minute timer, to set your claim right. While it is not the best WvW daily, it still serves a purpose for those "dedicated" WvW players that do the "unrewarded" jobs of scouting, camp flipping not directly close to their own spawn, getting the "last dolly in" for T2/T3 etc. Sometimes those players need a spot on the map to refresh participation, when they are in the area.

Not having those Veterans (at the current amount and spawn locations) respawn more often means that the player actually has to leave the spawning location and find another daily spot, like Monuments, kill guards and take a sentry, which are equally easy to get an available more often and on more spots. And then there is Big Spender, which you can finish in your guild hall. None of those are "more WvW centric" than Veterans.

A 5 minute timer would promote even more AFK sitting and not actually playing WvW by the super casual "here for GoBs".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It is true that it can be super boring to wait after a veteran to respawn. It was said it respawn every 10 mins but isnt 15 mins? Anyway, its not only boring but its also absolutely not helpful for the team so I agree with you, better remove it or at least make them respawn faster than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It should have been replaced by yak defender , particularly for a structure that isn't T3 already. There's yak killer daily, land claimer, camp capture, tower capture, keep capture, objective defender, invasion defender but no yak defender.

Because yak defender doesn't encourage afkers to stack on a spawn it is better overall.

Even with the removal of veteran creature slayer there's low effort dailies such as badge spender or monument. However, those don't clog up the map for upwards of 10 minutes.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The spawn rate varies, 10 minutes is the minimum I believe. Not sure how long it can go, but certainly longer than 10. Last night when I reached WvW I had 10+ minutes left on my food. It ran out and someone waiting commented on the warg taking forever. I was 1+ minutes into the new food, so it was about 12 minutes.

The veteran creature should remain, if nothing else for the PvE'ers who want a gift of battle without having to actually participate in WvW. If it were to be taken away (unlikely after all these years) maybe something trivial like Daily WvW vista viewer. Get the PvE crowd in and out quicker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stated a while back I honestly don't know why these vets are on 10min timers and not 3-5 mins. If they really want us to spend 10 mins on this daily then maybe put the tracker to killing 3 vets instead of 1 then, or even place the objective lords to count on this daily.  It's pretty ridiculous to ask for people to stand around for up to 10 mins burning away participation waiting on this daily, I'd rather be out killing players than standing around for a npc.

The dailies list could use a refresher while they're at it, pve has a ton of them to do, like hello cornerstone wvw would like some attention here too....

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

one thing that would certainly help the Veteran Creature Slayer daily, is to expand the achievement to also include ALL the veteran creatures on all the WvW maps. it only includes 3 (warg, harpy, wurm) but doesn't include any of the others (wolf, wyvern, drake, etc...) 

This is the answer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

one thing that would certainly help the Veteran Creature Slayer daily, is to expand the achievement to also include ALL the veteran creatures on all the WvW maps. it only includes 3 (warg, harpy, wurm) but doesn't include any of the others (wolf, wyvern, drake, etc...) 

The problem with turning every Veteran into a possible kill is that you have to turn every Veteran into an event (which grants WxP & participation). I am not sure that would be the best way to deal with that.

Perhaps they should rename the daily to "Ambient WvW event" and include the Skritt, Centaur in Alpine, the Choya/Wyvern spots in Desert BL and Dredge, Ogre, Hylek events to the mix?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Perhaps they should rename the daily to "Ambient WvW event" and include the Skritt, Centaur in Alpine, the Choya/Wyvern spots in Desert BL and Dredge, Ogre, Hylek events to the mix?

Yea, they've by and large have gotten forgotten.

Also that would make that veteran ghost thing useful.

And grub!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 3:10 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Stated a while back I honestly don't know why these vets are on 10min timers and not 3-5 mins. If they really want us to spend 10 mins on this daily then maybe put the tracker to killing 3 vets instead of 1 then, or even place the objective lords to count on this daily.  It's pretty ridiculous to ask for people to stand around for up to 10 mins burning away participation waiting on this daily, I'd rather be out killing players than standing around for a npc.

The dailies list could use a refresher while they're at it, pve has a ton of them to do, like hello cornerstone wvw would like some attention here too....

Honestly I don't care about anyone who would waste 10 minutes of their life waiting for a daily. I only do them if they are spawned when I walk past.

16 hours ago, Draygo.9473 said:

They should replace vet with Reward Track Earner (Earn a reward from any reward track) and be done with it. 

The PvP dailies can be done in 15 minutes if you win, wvw should be just as simple. 

I'd rather see a Reward Track Earner replace the WvW Ranker, which takes a lot longer if you don't follow a tower and keep flipping zerg. Players that roam, scout and defend will never do the daily ranker in a reasonable time frame compared to a PvP win (or reduce Ranker to one rank only).

• Confused 1

On 9/9/2022 at 4:07 PM, Gorani.7205 said:

The Veterans are on a 10 minute timer, to set your claim right. While it is not the best WvW daily, it still serves a purpose for those "dedicated" WvW players that do the "unrewarded" jobs of scouting, camp flipping not directly close to their own spawn, getting the "last dolly in" for T2/T3 etc. Sometimes those players need a spot on the map to refresh participation, when they are in the area.

Not having those Veterans (at the current amount and spawn locations) respawn more often means that the player actually has to leave the spawning location and find another daily spot, like Monuments, kill guards and take a sentry, which are equally easy to get an available more often and on more spots. And then there is Big Spender, which you can finish in your guild hall. None of those are "more WvW centric" than Veterans.

A 5 minute timer would promote even more AFK sitting and not actually playing WvW by the super casual "here for GoBs".

Keep the veterans but change the daily ?

24 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Keep the veterans but change the daily ?

I think daily veteran should change to "Daily Ambient Event", like I explained in a later post, which includes current veteran daily but also Skitt, Centaurs, EB Mercenary camps etc. That would allow us to have more chances to complete the daily and will draw out players to the different areas of the maps where those events will happen.

Also I think that a Daily Reward Track (get a reward from a track, which is kind of what PvP has) should replace Daily Ranker (or they should reduce Ranker to gaining one rank only.

That pretty much summarized what I posted here on the current thread.