Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:
2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

And this is always where they stop. The dialogue tree ends. Instead, they wait for someone to pick a spot further up the tree, or restart it, and go again. 

And what's wrong with that? As I mentioned before, it's because there's significant interest for people to pick the topic up again. If you think everything that needs to be said had already been said, then don't engage with the topic. The more debate there is, the longer these threads will stay up.

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

If open-world being too easy that adding a viable path to legendary armor from it sounds rediculous, have you thought that maybe the answer is to make open-world.. not easy?

It would have to be very significantly difficult to obtain for it to a viable alternative.

2 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

They tried it with the DE meta and there was huge crying from the open world only faction that it is too difficult. Many of them also advocates for an open world legendary armor set. 

No matter what it is, there will always be some who would complain. Be it difficulties or time investments. However, I don't see any problem with introducing a 4th method to acquire the armors if it involves an exorbitant time/material investments. Of course, you'll then get complains about the unfairness of it all. But that's for another day.

(I somehow nested my replies within 2 quotes)

--------

Again, I stress that I have all my legendary armors but is not against a different way to obtain them. It will not affect me one way or another if it gets implemented or not but I do want the game to be inclusive. Thus, my interest in this topic.

If there's an Openworld Legendary route, the amount of effort to obtain them should be so legendary that the other methods might seem like a better way to grind for them:

• Map explorations in all zones - Revisit every single PoI, WP, Hearts, Vista, HP challenges, etc., for each map for each armor item - that's 6 complete map completions for a full set.
  • Engage all world bosses and every single meta a set number of times each. This will include all the instanced meta such as Twisted Marionette, Dragonstorm and all normal mode Strikes. And yes, all EoD meta as well.
  • Materials required should be as grindy, if not more so, including the 4 time-gated materials: Lump of mithrillium, Spool of Elonian Cord, Spool of Silk Weaving and Glob of Spirit Residue. Of course, the items needed will also include clovers, etc.
  • Obtain certain amounts of all map currencies.
  • Doing a number of the easier Jumping Puzzles without skipping to obtain certain tokens.

The list above is of course not exhaustive. Maybe add in a few quests. Make Open World Legendary Armor truly define the word Legendary.

EDIT: Perhaps 6 full map completions is too much. Maybe just 1 Full map completions to start the journey: Every single map available needs to be revisited before you can pursue this route.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

I could get behind this if ANet added friendly fire mechanics to the area of a World Boss as well as reflects to all world bosses.😁

Not sure that I agree that autoattacking for a minute or less and then lying dead for the remainder of the fight is particulatly epic just because you repeated it.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I have heavy Legendary Armor from WvW, and i'm working on Light and Medium right now, but i wouldn't mind an easier option for people that don't like to do end game content.
Well, not this easy of course, but i like some of the ideas that surfaced here.

Also, that Dragonhunter that showed up in your last Fractal, with double Knight Longbows, with 2 Sigils of Fire in each, plus Grieving armor, Celestial Trinkets, and Rune of the Golemancer, wouldn't have an excuse to not change builds anymore, think about it :v

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

--------

Again, I stress that I have all my legendary armors but is not against a different way to obtain them. It will not affect me one way or another if it gets implemented or not but I do want the game to be inclusive. Thus, my interest in this topic.

If there's an Openworld Legendary route, the amount of effort to obtain them should be so legendary that the other methods might seem like a better way to grind for them:

• Map explorations in all zones - Revisit every single PoI, WP, Hearts, Vista, HP challenges, etc., for each map for each armor item - that's 6 complete map completions for a full set.
  • Engage all world bosses and every single meta a set number of times each. This will include all the instanced meta such as Twisted Marionette, Dragonstorm and all normal mode Strikes. And yes, all EoD meta as well.
  • Materials required should be as grindy, if not more so, including the 4 time-gated materials: Lump of mithrillium, Spool of Elonian Cord, Spool of Silk Weaving and Glob of Spirit Residue. Of course, the items needed will also include clovers, etc.
  • Doing a number of the easier Jumping Puzzles without skipping to obtain certain tokens.

The list above is of course not exhaustive. Maybe add in a few quests. Make Open World Legendary Armor truly define the word Legendary.

EDIT: Perhaps 6 full map completions is too much. Maybe just 1 Full map completions to start the journey: Every single map available needs to be revisited.

Yes.

Except for anything instanced.
If the outcry about the Siege Turtle wasn't enough, that soon would be, and also it would start instantly being compared to the barriers placed by raids... which has become exhausting to hear, even from myself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

I have heavy Legendary Armor from WvW, and i'm working on Light and Medium right now, but i wouldn't mind an easier option for people that don't like to do end game content.
Well, not this easy of course, but i like some of the ideas that surfaced here.

Also, that Dragonhunter that showed up in your last Fractal, with double Knight Longbows, with 2 Sigils of Fire in each, plus Grieving armor, Celestial Trinkets, and Rune of the Golemancer, wouldn't have an excuse to not change builds anymore, think about it :v

Ofcoures they would have they were playing how they wanted so dont force them to change.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

There is definitively no challenge or hard content requirement for legendary armour.  Two thirds of legendary armour paths can effectively be completed AFK.

I agree with this sentiment, but I also believe that AFK or low-effort legendaries are not a standard we should aspire to. I would have much rather seen both WvW and PvP sets be made obtainable through achievements and crafting with items like Emblem of the Avenger than through time just timegating. But that's a cat that will never be put back in the bag, so here we are. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I don't think anyone in this thread, or any thread I've seen on this topic, has ever said anything even remotely resembles this claim.

Obviously I haven't read every post ever, but this just seems wildly inaccurate.

Then you didn't see the previous threads or even recent about stuff like "being pushed into 10 pvp matches for the cape skin will cause people to quit the game" written by mostly same people making the claim I was mentioning above.

Anyways, you seem to have missed the rest of my post for some reason. If you only mentioned this part because you thought it's inaccurate, does it mean you understand the rest of what I said is indeed accurate?

Going back to your "but I want to play OW!" -ok, then just do that, plenty of ways to get exotics to try out builds you want and then maybe moving up to ascended gear if you want more stats.  Legendary gear has nothing to do with your ability to play OW content you want to play.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

--------

EDIT: Perhaps 6 full map completions is too much. Maybe just 1 Full map completions to start the journey: Every single map available needs to be revisited before you can pursue this route.

You see your suggestions as making it significantly difficult to obtain legendary armor, I see them as bringing life back into all areas of the world previously neglected, so I would agree.

That said, I still think open-world difficulty needs to be significantly higher, too.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You see your suggestions as making it significantly difficult to obtain legendary armor, I see them as bringing life back into all areas of the world previously neglected, so I would agree.

That said, I still think open-world difficulty needs to be significantly higher, too.

I want it to be difficult enough such that no one can claim that those that choose Openworld Legendary Armors are not deserving of them. That they did not grind hard enough. That this route is too easy as compared to Raids, PvP pr WvW routes.

I actually don't think legendary armour should be obtainable through open world content. To those who say that wvw acquistion is comparably afk/easy, are you forgetting that you need to be a really high rank and complete the diamond chest every week; neither of which could be considered casual? Similarly with PVP you need tournaments and weeks and weeks of matches.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

34 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

I want it to be difficult enough such that no one can claim that those that choose Openworld Legendary Armors are not deserving of them. That they did not grind hard enough. That this route is too easy as compared to Raids, PvP pr WvW routes.

In that case, you need not worry. The SPvP and WvW routes are easy enough that anything that requires similar time (both in actual play, and in weekly timegates) will never be easier.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

On 9/13/2022 at 2:03 PM, Funky.4861 said:

I actually don't think legendary armour should be obtainable through open world content. To those who say that wvw acquistion is comparably afk/easy, are you forgetting that you need to be a really high rank and complete the diamond chest every week; neither of which could be considered casual? Similarly with PVP you need tournaments and weeks and weeks of matches.

Actually it was that easy. My 2nd set of Legendary was WvW's.  All you need is to keep participation level up. At that time, can repair walls to upkeep participation. Even now it's still very easy to farm. Only thing hard about it, is the amount of time needed.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

In that case, you need not worry. The SPvP and WvW routes are easy enough that anything that requires similar time (both in actual play, and in weekly timegates) will never be easier.

I'm not worried. As I said, I have all my armors. Just interested in the topics and adding my 2 cents worth to the discussions.

4 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Actually it was that easy. My 1st sets of Legendary was WvW's.  All you need is to keep participation level up. At that time, can repair walls to upkeep participation. Even nowm it's still very easy to farm. Only thing hard about it, is the amount of time needed.

I think my wvw rank is 127; i'm getting like 5-7 pips every 5 mins and there is virtually no sense of progression. I'm not going to make wvw a part-time job just to get past the first wooden box every week; i just find it yawningly repetitive.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

I think my wvw rank is 127; i'm getting like 5-7 pips every 5 mins and there is virtually no sense of progression. I'm not going to make wvw a part-time job just to get past the first wooden box every week; i just find it yawningly repetitive.

Oh, it is, like you said, "yawningly repetitive". There's nothing hard about it however. I mean, Silverwastes farm is harder than this, and it is just running in circles and keeping up with the zerg for the most part.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, it is, like you said, "yawningly repetitive". There's nothing hard about it however. I mean, Silverwastes farm is harder than this, and it is just running in circles and keeping up with the zerg for the most part.

It might be, the moment other players can just kill you at will (at SW). But it isn't because they can't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Actually it was that easy. My 1st sets of Legendary was WvW's.  All you need is to keep participation level up. At that time, can repair walls to upkeep participation. Even now it's still very easy to farm. Only thing hard about it, is the amount of time needed.

It's easy only by exploiting a loop hole within WvW's broken reward system.

These afk farming method is another proof that so many players are behind the skill gap for WvW that they cannot survive outside the starting zone. And let's not forget the 500 WvW level requirements that is pretty out of reach with said methods.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

It's easy only because people are exploiting a loop hole within WvW's broken reward system.

These afk farming method is another proof that so many players are behind the skill gap for WvW that they cannot survive outside the safe zone. And let's not forget the 500 WvW level requirements that is pretty out of reach with said methods.

They should just bump it up to wvw level 1500-2k again like it was earlier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Twenty minutes per week is a part time job?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

I don't really see the issue with having a bland looking, open world legendary armor set. As long as they make it appropriately hard, and has a very lengthy collection. Something like:

6 gifts of exploration per piece

1000 meta boss tokens per piece, but they only drop off a fully completed Dragon Stand, Dragonstorm, or Dragon's End (present from start to finish)

6 ascended armor pieces of the same type of legendary armor (6 chest pieces to make 1 legendary chest piece, etc)

and then just a plethora of map currencies, like well over 1000 of a BUNCH of different types. I think that, on top of a lengthy collection, would be a fair trade for a set. Since the content does not really have much difficulty to it, a much larger effort to obtain the rewards is justified.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

I just struggle to understand why people are so against open-world armor. Are you scared people won't play raids? Aren't people already complaining about how it's dead content that no one plays? How does it affect you if there's yet another way to get legendary armor? And who said anything about it 'taking no effort'?? People aren't asking to get it for free, they're just asking for another method to achieve it, which would include appropriately tedious work just like legendary weapons. Like I really cannot get the mindset behind being against this lol. Do you somehow think that having a way to get legendary armor that you deem 'too easy' takes away from your own achievements? Because that is silly.

Legendary weapons aren't hard to get, they just take time. I'm not sure why legendary armor should be any different (and PvP/WvW armor already qualifies as 'not hard, just long', so it's not like that's new).

Like it or not, GW2 is a casual game. Getting angry at people for being casual/'bad' is just stupid. The vast majority of players probably fall under that category, it's the hardcore players that are the exception. And this is coming from someone who leans more towards 'hardcore' than 'casual'. 

That being said I don't agree with the method proposed in the OP, I think it should require a lot more than just grinding one aspect of the game 900 times. There's lots of different things you can do in casual PvE. At the very least it should require a series of collection achievements like some of the weapons. I also think adding dungeons wouldn't be too outside of the realm of 'casual friendly', since dungeons are very easy. And it would also breathe new life into them!

Edited by kettering.6823
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, kettering.6823 said:

I just struggle to understand why people are so against open-world armor. Are you scared people won't play raids? Aren't people already complaining about how it's dead content that no one plays? How does it affect you if there's yet another way to get legendary armor? And who said anything about it 'taking no effort'?? People aren't asking to get it for free, they're just asking for another method to achieve it, which would include appropriately tedious work just like legendary weapons. Like I really cannot get the mindset behind being against this lol. Do you somehow think that having a way to get legendary achievements that you deem 'too easy' takes away from your own achievements? Because that is silly.

Legendary weapons aren't hard to get, they just take time. I'm not sure why legendary armor should be any different (and PvP/WvW armor already qualifies as 'not hard, just long', so it's not like that's new).

Like it or not, GW2 is a casual game. Getting angry at people for being casual/'bad' is just stupid. The vast majority of players probably fall under that category, it's the hardcore players that are the exception. And this is coming from someone who leans more towards 'hardcore' than 'casual'. 

Well open world pve already got both earrings and all the weapons locked behind it.

Do it really need more legendaries in it.

When is enough legendaries locked behind a single mode?

Edit

And what your saying dungeons should be included?

You will get the REEEEEE crowd yelling that its no a open world legendary if you include instanced content for sure.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well open world pve already got both earrings and all the weapons locked behind it.

Do it really need more legendaries in it.

When is enough legendaries locked behind a single mode?

I mean, you already have legendary armor for raids, WvW, and PvP. I'm not sure why also adding another PvE way to achieve them would take away from that. If you already got your legendary armor from one of those methods, unless you are a devoted skin hunter in which case you would be doing everything regardless, then you wouldn't need to fuss over doing it again. 

Also keep in mind that most of the player population is mostly (if not only) playing open world PvE... it makes sense why most of the achievements would be locked behind it lol.

Edited by kettering.6823
typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7