Something I Would Like To See

Rozalina.3196

A forum search might serve you well.  Just search for new race.  You will find years of discussion of this concept and its pros and cons.  (The cons seem overwhelming, is the general consensus).

edit:  Just a few posts down, someone did all the work of finding and sharing the links.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

they said no to mounts soo, there is a possibility to get something new.

No they didn't. They never mentioned no mounts at all, and I defy anyone to show where they did. All they ever said about mounts was no mounts at launch and Anet never mentioned it again.   Anet never said there would be no mounts.

Edit: Ashen beat me to it. lol

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, I know there is a search and many other posts about adding playable races. I'm just stating like my topic of my post something I would like to see added to the game. That's the point ya in the past they have said no or not at this time for many things like mounts, fishing, and so on but now we have them. I'm just saying it would be great if we could have a new playable race like Tengu there is so much history with them from gw1 which would make a great addition to the game. I know that means a whoooole bunch of work on their end but I think it would great. This is what the forums are for starting a conversation which I did. I know you guys are joking around but what would you actually like to see in the game what's something that you've been wanting to see? O that reminded me I have always wanted to be able to use the rifle with the ranger that would be cool to have aswell. 

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Rozalina.3196 said:

Yes, I know there is a search and many other posts about adding playable races. I'm just stating like my topic of my post something I would like to see added to the game. That's the point ya in the past they have said no or not at this time for many things like mounts, fishing, and so on but now we have them. I'm just saying it would be great if we could have a new playable race like Tengu there is so much history with them from gw1 which would make a great addition to the game. I know that means a whoooole bunch of work on their end but I think it would great. This is what the forums are for starting a conversation which I did. I know you guys are joking around but what would you actually like to see in the game what's something that you've been wanting to see? O that reminded me I have always wanted to be able to use the rifle with the ranger that would be cool to have aswell. 

Please show us any post were they have said no to fishing and mounts.

They have said adding a new race is not worth the cost of implementation tho.

Edit

found it but ofcourse they dident flat out say no to new races either 😅

https://massivelyop.com/2018/04/09/pax-east-2018-guild-wars-2-game-director-mike-zadorojny-on-path-of-fire-monetization-and-more/

We also talked a bit about things that are probably not happening. snip  New races, too, are a lot of work for limited rewards, and any sort of console development is also not something the team is focused on.

Obviously, none of this is set in stone; he stressed that the quote to take away is not that new races will never be added. It’s just not the current direction.

Edited by Linken.6345

Maybe at that time they weren't ready to do it, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm fine with that. They have worked hard to bring us this amazing game they have created and I know there is a bunch that they deal with behind the scenes that we will never know the full extent of what they go through to make the game. I'm grateful for everything they do have in the game already. I don't know if they even said NO that is why I said OR not at this time Linken. I'm just going off an earlier comment.  

38 minutes ago, Rozalina.3196 said:

But your thread doesn't add anything new to the existing conversations that have previously been posted.  You just repeated what was requested from other threads, so what was the point?

32 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

But your thread doesn't add anything new to the existing conversations that have previously been posted.  You just repeated what was requested from other threads, so what was the point?

This looks like a fun thread for others to comment on OP and say stuff they too would like to see in game. Nothing wrong with suggestions for game improvement. I'd also like to see some extra classes/races. Anything new added would be fun even in small increments. 

Edited by Pixie.2819
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2