Why superspeed deadeye is a thing

Serperior.6541

Whenever i see this thing on the enemy team i immediately lose all my will to play that game, chasing a deadeye was a difficult thing in the past with all those ports and invicibilities but now superspeed is added on top of it

im not going to say it is broken and op

BUT MY GOD I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AGAINST IT

Edited by Serperior.6541
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Serperior.6541 said:

Whenever i see this thing on the enemy team i immediately lose all my will to play that game, chasing a deadeye was a difficult thing in the past with all those ports and invicibilities but now superspeed is added on top of it

oh boy do i have news for you! from the oct 4th patch preview:

Meld with Shadows: Reduced superspeed duration from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.

its not much, but they acknowledge that Deadeye with permasuperspeed is problematic.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They wanted to make SA more proactive by moving benefits from in stealth to when you enter and exit stealth (to encourage people leaving stealth quickly), and in doing so made an already strong damage traitline also have loads of utility. I guess they didnt get the memo that leaving stealth asap was always the optimal play.

Realistically though, I wouldnt be opposed to changing it to swiftness. Superspeed is a very powerful buff to be given out so easily. If thats too harsh of a nerf, make it superspeed on entering and swiftness on leaving stealth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

They wanted to make SA more proactive by moving benefits from in stealth to when you enter and exit stealth (to encourage people leaving stealth quickly), and in doing so made an already strong damage traitline also have loads of utility. I guess they didnt get the memo that leaving stealth asap was always the optimal play.

Realistically though, I wouldnt be opposed to changing it to swiftness. Superspeed is a very powerful buff to be given out so easily. If thats too harsh of a nerf, make it superspeed on entering and swiftness on leaving stealth.

I agree on the swiftness over superspeed on thief, if you want to zoom around there are the speed runes. Personally I think superspeed should be for the more Grounded Bruiser specs that don't have much vertical mobility (the general walk everywhere builds) so they have some way to catch up to the more teleporty professions, good example here is Scrapper. 

• Like 5

Tbh, the real issue with Deadeye is the fact that they can make you unable to use anything but evades for over 5 seconds with Dazes.

I think that having the ability to already counter any boons in the game from just one button press that can be used twice is strong enough.

Skirmisher's Shot is already enough of a problem with it's co-efficient being more efficient than Double/Triple Tap.

Edited by Shao.7236

19 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Surprisingly.....most thief players have reached easily that basic level of expertise...where they just wait out your swirling winds or magnetic aura....or engage mele to force CD...

Nah. You just avoid Tempests. Waiting for 10+ seconds for whirling winds and magnetic aura to run out so you can maybe hit a couple shots in is just not worth it. The correct play is to just rotate elsewhere, because Tempest makes you useless.

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Surprisingly.....most thief players have reached easily that basic level of expertise...where they just wait out your swirling winds or magnetic aura....or engage mele to force CD...

Yea just stay watching the tempest dancing while doing nothing 🤣. Just leave and go decap or +1 somewhere else.

And engage in melee in a teamfight (where the tempest should be), you wont last long as a DE

12 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Tbh, the real issue with Deadeye is the fact that they can make you unable to use anything but evades for over 5 seconds with Dazes.

5s Daze ? I'm not about what you refering but it's probably  about S/D stealth atttack + daze on F1. It's a Thief thing not exclusive to DE 

Edited by Jumpel.3972

On 9/22/2022 at 3:37 AM, Jumpel.3972 said:

Yea just stay watching the tempest dancing while doing nothing 🤣. Just leave and go decap or +1 somewhere else.

And engage in melee in a teamfight (where the tempest should be), you wont last long as a DE

5s Daze ? I'm not about what you refering but it's probably  about S/D stealth atttack + daze on F1. It's a Thief thing not exclusive to DE 

Being able to daze twice through stability/aegis from 1200 is exclusive to DE.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 3:06 AM, Serperior.6541 said:

I'll go even further. I've always hated deadeye. It is a gimmick that should've never been made. Whoever designed deadeye needs to walk in wet rain boots on a tile floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, UNOwen.7132 said:

No they already have alot of access to swiftness SS is a great response to the mobility nerfs thief has gotten over the years. Plenty of classes can keep up now where as before disengaging was a regular tactic. DE in general superspeed or not is just very annoying to fight against. No one wants to fight them but they’re not hard to deal with.