Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

On 28/10/2022 at 19:16, Daredevil.2745 said:

¿Qué tal si enseñas a los jugadores en tu servidor a mejorar? Los jugadores de Mag pasaron tiempo entrenando y mejorando, ahora son los mejores, los jugadores más habilidosos de NA. Y no quieren jugar en otro lugar cargando basura de baja habilidad de otros servidores. Son los mejores y tienen derecho a farmearte hasta que aprendas a tocar y presionar botones. Mátalos o haz que aparezcan una y otra vez.

hahha, they trained how to hack and avoid anet ban. 

• Sad 1

Let’s go through your checklist;

1. They have many active players organized in zergs. Not against any rules.
2. They run cheese builds. Again, not against any rules. If anything this has to do with balance and/or skill level.

3. New broke elite specs. You sure you aren’t trolling here?

4. Condi bombs. Considering Zerg meta is power-first due to cleanse and boon output, this one is confusing. 
5. Spawn camping. There are 3 exits to spawn, don’t run out the one that has a Zerg in front of it. I’ve fought against mag as predominantly a solo roamer quite a bit, I’ve never seen them camp side exits. 
6. They are terrible sports. Considering it’s a game mode that has no rules and is meant to be organized chaos, I suggest you relax and stop worrying about stuff like “sportsmanship” and “honor” unless you are the one who is already winning. Those are luxuries only the strong get to have without suffering for and this post is clearly pointing to the fact that your server is not strong. 
7. WVW dies on your server. That’s your servers fault not mags. Mag can be an enjoyable matchup depending on your skill level and ingenuity. If your whole server is quitting, it’s likely because they are trying to beat mag at the Zerg game while having less numbers and/or lower skilled players. 
8. Is this how Anet wants the game to be played? Well, probably. Maybe not as lopsided but match making can’t be perfect. Mag is killing players and having high engagement rates. The game mode is designed to be unfair unless you both are pulling map queues.

Is mag annoying? Yes. Are they doing anything wrong? No. They’re just killing and demoralizing you, which, if anything, means they are doing something right in a game mode meant to, in a way, simulate fantasy war. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/18/2022 at 10:21 AM, oscuro.9720 said:

7. WVW dies on your server. That’s your servers fault not mags. Mag can be an enjoyable matchup depending on your skill level and ingenuity. If your whole server is quitting, it’s likely because they are trying to beat mag at the Zerg game while having less numbers and/or lower skilled players. 

Mag is never an enjoyable matchup.  They're of course killable, especially in an organizaed group, but all they play is uncoordinanted cloud, so it isn't fun, even when you're killing them all night.  They just do the same thing over and over and eventually, our groups just get bored and leave or Mag picks off enough people that don't stay with the group where they can finally overwhelm it with numbers.  I don't even really get why they have any fun playing like this.  We've done it against them, all show up on cheezy max range pick builds, but we also get bored of that.

Keep in mind, this is a game mode that has largely been taken over by the players.  It's a space in which we play our own game, not always the one designed.  If anet wants to fix this, they need to make individual builds less self sufficient and eliminate cases where you have both high burst and ability to escape in one place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Xzygy.1452 said:

Mag is never an enjoyable matchup.  They're of course killable, especially in an organizaed group, but all they play is uncoordinanted cloud, so it isn't fun, even when you're killing them all night.  They just do the same thing over and over and eventually, our groups just get bored and leave or Mag picks off enough people that don't stay with the group where they can finally overwhelm it with numbers.  I don't even really get why they have any fun playing like this.  We've done it against them, all show up on cheezy max range pick builds, but we also get bored of that.

Keep in mind, this is a game mode that has largely been taken over by the players.  It's a space in which we play our own game, not always the one designed.  If anet wants to fix this, they need to make individual builds less self sufficient and eliminate cases where you have both high burst and ability to escape in one place.

While I also find Mag not enjoyable it isn’t about the cloud or the builds.  I actually applaud them for finding something that obviously entertains them in a relatively stale mode.

I mostly hate the extreme usage of siege in any structure.  For a server that at one time prided itself as being a retirement center for old gvg ers, they are quite likely one of the heaviest siege users on NA.  Which, again is their choice. It’s not to be-smirch them.  

Mag doesn’t need ‘fixing’ by Anet.  The builds they use are in place for people who don’t want to run ‘organized’ (though I would call their cloud more organized chaos). The reality is, if your (not necessarily you @Xzygy.1452) guild isn’t disciplined enough, they WILL pick you apart.  If you do have coordination and discipline, the Mag cloud is neutralized.  But there-in lies the real test.  🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

On 11/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No I fear this might be an issue from Steam. It feels like a Steam reply. obs, Jul, is this one of yours, because it doesn't feel like it?

hello, please don’t use my name with Julianna’s in the same sentence. Julianna is a bad player that likes puff her chest up for the forums (with all that wvw police nonsense) . She has zero impact ingame.  

tbh we laugh at her more then you guys do.

obs

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 3:02 PM, Daniela.6285 said:

Maguuma? Full cheaters and spies. Then, when anet decides to massively ban, Magumma turns in a empty server. It happened 4 years ago, but anet take a lot of time to make a massive ban. 

I’ve been on mag for about 8 years. In my time there I’ve never seen a single hacker on mag. 

which hacks are we all using again? 

12 hours ago, Xzygy.1452 said:

I play both styles cloud (mag) and boon ball (eBay). Let me give some insight.

boon ball comp playing takes a lot of commitment. It also needs voice chat 99% of the time. It also needs a dedicated driver to make it all happen. Then it needs to not have any people randomly going afk. You need good builds and gear. 

tagging for one of these groups is fun for an hour or 2 but it always gets old after that especially when you fighting a cloud that’s relentlessly poking. 

so what’s happening here is your going to get grinded off the map eventually. What’s worse is. After the tag logs off. You’re stuck either looking for another “good driver” or you log off.  That’s the problem with running a comped Omni blob. It’s not sustainable (har har)

a fast look inside the cloud mind,  its people playing their own builds (not metabattle) as most have been here a long time and don’t have to copy pasta a build to succeed. They know their class and are SELF SUSTAINING. Meaning we don’t need a tag or some guy in voice keeping the boat afloat. 

it’s almost like playing call of duty. Log in. Set your load out and kill , die respawn. It’s fun and takes very little commitment server side. There is no one player that logs off tired and the map goes to sleep. 

The matches wouldn’t be so lopsided if you guys didn’t all wait for one guild or tag to show up for 3 hours a night. Then log. That’s your fault not ours.

obs

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Volzmir.4831 said:

Can't wait for the alliance changes to break up Maguuma.

Maguuma literally has a 500 man mega guild specifically for alliances that is constantly pruned and houses almost all of their core pugs. Not to mention the other current Maguuma guilds that will come with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Corabelle.3254 said:

Maguuma literally has a 500 man mega guild specifically for alliances that is constantly pruned and houses almost all of their core pugs. Not to mention the other current Maguuma guilds that will come with them.

Well they can have 500 or 1000 players, my point being is that not all of Maguuma will be able to play together and good luck figuring out which Alliance fights who come reset when the change takes place.

If anything, Anet should cap Alliances to three guilds then, to further split up mega populations.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Corabelle.3254 said:

Yeah these people still don't get it now matter how many times you tell them, that 500 man guild is also going to sit in ebg most of the time as usual. So you can try and take away their link, or even their server, but magswag has already transcended beyond server. They're looking for the wrong thing to fix, it ain't the mag server that's the problem, it's their own motivations and the ability to be self reliant that needs to be improved.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

hello, please don’t use my name with Julianna’s in the same sentence. Julianna is a bad player that likes puff her chest up for the forums (with all that wvw police nonsense) . She has zero impact ingame.  

obs

🙂 Noted and will refrain from that action in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Volzmir.4831 said:

If anything, Anet should cap Alliances to three guilds then, to further split up mega populations.

Capping Alliances to three guilds just hurts any guild that isn't a large guild from grouping up. A lot of servers have medium and small guilds and if they choose to organize to keep their groups together they should be able to do so. Its ironic since that is the common solution that is brought up when the server pride sides say were not a fan of losing the people we are used to seeing daily. We don't have to if we organize and form up. So no, Alliances will already give advantage to larger guilds, they don't need even more of an edge.  

35 minutes ago, Volzmir.4831 said:

Well they can have 500 or 1000 players, my point being is that not all of Maguuma will be able to play together and good luck figuring out which Alliance fights who come reset when the change takes place.

There aren't 1000 active WvW players on Maguuma or any server on north america for that matter. If the entirety of Maguuma wants to stick together they will stick together. You will have to play this exact same group of players if you get matched with their alliance.

48 minutes ago, Corabelle.3254 said:

There aren't 1000 active WvW players on Maguuma or any server on north america for that matter. If the entirety of Maguuma wants to stick together they will stick together. You will have to play this exact same group of players if you get matched with their alliance.

Yeah idk why so many people have this line of reasoning. The Magswag alliance will at best be an average alliance. Literally every single guild/commander has left that alliance for greener pastures. Most of the people in that alliance are just casual roamers with maybe slightly above average skill. They will get absolutely demolished when alliances release because nobody there is capable of organizing into an actual comped blob. Meanwhile; 500 players isn't that much considering that a full server is probably what 3000+? Any shard they get placed on will be diluted by randoms from other server. I'm expecting Magswag to maybe last 4 months before they get tired of getting farmed by nic, rawr or penguinz.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

Yeah idk why so many people have this line of reasoning. The Magswag alliance will at best be an average alliance. Literally every single guild/commander has left that alliance for greener pastures. Most of the people in that alliance are just casual roamers with maybe slightly above average skill. They will get absolutely demolished when alliances release because nobody there is capable of organizing into an actual comped blob. Meanwhile; 500 players isn't that much considering that a full server is probably what 3000+? Any shard they get placed on will be diluted by randoms from other server. I'm expecting Magswag to maybe last 4 months before they get tired of getting farmed by nic, rawr or penguinz.

pure salt from the guy that’s been kicked from magswag not once, but TWICE..

I believe the second time was for pure enjoyment. 💀

obs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

pure salt from the guy that’s been kicked from magswag not once, but TWICE..

I believe the second time was for pure enjoyment. 💀

obs

I really have no interest in being in Magswag. Everybody left that train a long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Volzmir.4831 said:

Can't wait for the alliance changes to break up Maguuma.

You do realize they are literally all in the same guild.  The "mag" that is actually mag, wear different tags and pretend to be pugs, but they are all in 1 guild, and are going to be in the same alliance.  Alliances is nothing more than what we have now.  It will look exactly the same.  Boon blobs will only fight pugs.  Large guilds will ktrain rather than fight.  Mag will push and lose every even fight until they outnumber you, at which point, they will turn all of EB and tier it up.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

Is mag annoying? Yes. Are they doing anything wrong? No. They’re just killing and demoralizing you, which, if anything, means they are doing something right in a game mode meant to, in a way, simulate fantasy war. 

Yes...they pull our tactics before attacking keeps all the time. Is it against rules? No idea, but doesn't seem fair, Mythic used to ban accounts just for seeing two different realms been played from same IP address

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Yes...they pull our tactics before attacking keeps all the time. Is it against rules? No idea, but doesn't seem fair, Mythic used to ban accounts just for seeing two different realms been played from same IP address

I haven’t personally seen them do this, but then if they are doing that, it’s probably but not necessarily against the rules. That goes back to my point of that WvW is a mode that, for all intents and purposes, has no rules outside of TOS.

21 hours ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

obs

Obs 💓 Jul.

🤣🤣🤣

22 hours ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

The matches wouldn’t be so lopsided if you guys didn’t all wait for one guild or tag to show up for 3 hours a night. Then log. That’s your fault not ours.

many would be surprised to see BG population at some timezones...only times when we could match Mag on 24h basis were when we were linked with BP, it was perfect fit. That shows when we fight against BP, too, as theres almost no real fighting, its either us mapblobbing or them doing it, with almost no overlap

• Confused 1