Newsletter reward actually rewarding

Ty for this information a decent thread make from you for once 🙂

Find this line in their post confusing since all characters on the account share the mailbox tho.

1. Log in to the Guild Wars 2 game client and ensure you have at least one character with free mailbox space.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I can’t seem to delete the mistakenly quoted post because the forums hate mobile/tablet.

Does it work if already signed up? Or new signees only?

Yes from the post

please allow several weeks for delivery. All players who are already registered for our newsletters will receive the Mail Carrier Satchel automatically.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-24-slot-bag-with-newsletters/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Find this line in their post confusing since all characters on the account share the mailbox tho.

1. Log in to the Guild Wars 2 game client and ensure you have at least one character with free mailbox space.

Some characters receive mail from certain 'quests' while others do not.  Some characters receive mail from other players, but not all?  I know not all my characters have the same number of mails saved. 

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Some characters receive mail from certain 'quests' while others do not.  Some characters receive mail from other players, but not all?  I know not all my characters have the same number of mails saved. 

The green quests mail dont count towards your mailbox cap.

All player or anet emails are shared across your account mate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I have surscribed a long time ago but didn't receive anything in-game.

Does "automatically" mean "instantly" in this context, or can it take several weeks for already-subscribers as well?

If you're already subscribed, just unsubscribe, refresh, then re-subscribe. I did that and got the bag email.

Edited by Gryphon.2875
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thuthu.1582 said:

ok, that's sad, I only crafted the Boreal ones and thought it was "normal", not the exception.

Because it is. The reason why the PoF ones are soulbound is that Anet forgot about lower sizes when they changed soulbound to account bound on 32 ones. But since it was their second mistake in a row about the same issue, they just stopped responding about it, and left it unchanged. Classic "it's not a bug, it's a feature" Anet style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

For 10 years they've used 8 and 12 slot bags as "rewards". It's actually absurd that it's taken this long for them to figure out how utterly worthless sub-18 slot bags are to players -- especially the ones that require ttping the name out to delete them.

They just updated story reward bags to replace all the old trash bag rewards, too. So yeah: about time...

18 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I guess you could parse that sentence as "ensure you have at least one character" + "free mailbox space"? Could be written better either way!

• Thanks 1

It's nice for those who want it, but I don't see any need for this bag at all.

My characters already are outfitted with 4 20-slot bags, which gives them 100 bag slots in total.

I rarely need more than 100 slots (and if I do, it's only because I have so much unidentified gear that "Use All" fills out the entire bag space).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

they don't though. Every character has their own mailbox.