Mecha/ Engineer Rifle 1 Spam with multiple Traitprocs and Bot spam.

Tenga.5867

On 11/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, Tenga.5867 said:

i was wondering, why i couldn't find any thread about this stupid Mecha/ Engineer Rifle 1 Spam with multiple Traitprocs and Bot spam in ur forums.

I am wondering, too, why you couldn't find the endless threads about Mecha.

How could you even bring this awful nobrain spam into the live servers?

First answer: because a dev wanted an easy build for himself. Second answer: Because Anet tries to bring more and more LI (low intensity) decent builds in the game. Mech was the first try of this, is toned down already and maybe needs more toning down. But other classes will follow in the future with similar LI builds.

are you guys finally absolute mental or do you just don't care for players that like to get into their class?

You can still get into your class. Mech does not prevent that. LI builds are (and will be) outclassed by skilled players, that is at least Anets intention.

Imagine you have spend thousands of hours into ur main class and then suddenly you get killed in wvw by a player just using his autoattack

Well, I guess then, you did something wrong if you spent all your time with your own class and no time for the classes that you are fighting against and how to counter them. An autoattack-mech usually does not win a 1v1 fight against a skilled player.

Mecha is not the best 1v1-roaming build, they are not a meta-zerg-class. In a cloud-situation they can do some range pressure, kill unaware players, kill downs and they can be annoying. But you can counter them.

You guys are not balancing at all! All you do is changing and flipping stuff over, for the most part for worse. its like this for 10yrs now.

This I can agree to. But with new management and their new "balance philosophy" they want to change that. Maybe it will work, maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

listen guys, i am not complaining about reveal itself, i am complaining how it is applied. without any intended player input, it just procs random every icd when u get hit by the mech or the rifle spam.

i also do not complain about "i cannot beat mechs"
i do beat them. but i am annoyed their rifle 1 spam proccs multiple traits and has way to much dmg for this low effort input without any brain involved. thats what pissing me off.

also there are way more things in gw2 that actually are super weird and noob friendly, like an integrated aimbot for example. it should not exist in a pvp relevant enviorment.

there is a reason why gw2 got kicked out of esl years ago

Edited by Tenga.5867
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

That is false there is no Permastealth ( yes some classes can stealth for a while in combat but not anyway close to perma )

oh boy are you wrong xD

there is permastealthbuilds in the game. Even after the SA nerfs. Daredevil with shortbow and boundingdodger mostly, p/p + shortbow is fairly popular atm and has no problems permastealthing, even without needing to use a single utilityskill.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

"I saw this guy come in and do alot of damage!" read the shocking report from eyewitnesses.

posts like this are the reason i come to the forums.

The post above dawdler´s....  not so much.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:54 PM, Tenga.5867 said:

listen guys, i am not complaining about reveal itself, i am complaining how it is applied. without any intended player input, it just procs random every icd when u get hit by the mech or the rifle spam.

i also do not complain about "i cannot beat mechs"
i do beat them. but i am annoyed their rifle 1 spam proccs multiple traits and has way to much dmg for this low effort input without any brain involved. thats what pissing me off.

also there are way more things in gw2 that actually are super weird and noob friendly, like an integrated aimbot for example. it should not exist in a pvp relevant enviorment.

there is a reason why gw2 got kicked out of esl years ago

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Yeap, 111 build is not fun.

That's a No-Skill Way to Play a GAME! This whay we should nerf engi.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.

Yeap, 111 build is not fun.

That's a No-Skill Way to Play a GAME! This whay we should nerf engi.

Unless I mis-understand the notes they are addressing this a bit in the Nov 29 patch:

Engineer

Core

• Rifle Burst: This skill now fires one piercing projectile before the grenade instead of two. Increased piercing projectile power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.4 in PvE only. Grenade power coefficient increased from 0.4 to 0.6 in PvE only. Increased skill animation speed; total animation duration remains the same as previous version in PvE only.

Now the question is 'Rifle Burst: This skill now fires one piercing projectile before the grenade instead of two.' is that all game modes which I assumed was yes. If so that removes a third of the fire and extends the time before aim assisted rocket triggers.   

On 11/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Unless I mis-understand the notes they are addressing this a bit in the Nov 29 patch:

Engineer

Core

• Rifle Burst: This skill now fires one piercing projectile before the grenade instead of two. Increased piercing projectile power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.4 in PvE only. Grenade power coefficient increased from 0.4 to 0.6 in PvE only. Increased skill animation speed; total animation duration remains the same as previous version in PvE only.

Now the question is 'Rifle Burst: This skill now fires one piercing projectile before the grenade instead of two.' is that all game modes which I assumed was yes. If so that removes a third of the fire and extends the time before aim assisted rocket triggers.   

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

It won't fix the problem.
It does 3 hits instead of 1 with roughly the same overall DPS as before. It feels a lot stronger, but that's placebo.

The main damage mostly comes from Aim Assisted Rocket and Static Discharge.

What we need is core trait nerf and mecha pet nerf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/17/2022 at 4:53 PM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

It won't fix the problem.
It does 3 hits instead of 1 with roughly the same overall DPS as before. It feels a lot stronger, but that's placebo.

The main damage mostly comes from Aim Assisted Rocket and Static Discharge.

What we need is core trait nerf and mecha pet nerf.

I don't care about mecha, but core trait nerf will impact all of engi build.

It will make engi die on wvw, there have not much role of engi can fit in zerg .

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Wait for it.....

/laughsinthiefandranger

/thencriesinthiefandranger

Not surprised about this post. Like. At all.

We will mark the day this guy contributes anything to a discussion and it will become a GW2 mandated holiday.

Is it too hard to write something about mech and downstate, as everyone else has done in this thread?

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:25 AM, freakcoco.4287 said:

I don't care about mecha, but core trait nerf will impact all of engi build.

It will make engi die on wvw, there have not much role of engi can fit in zerg .

NO MORE BAN PLS.

Engineer has continued to be a dominant force in wvw.

A little nerf will not let it die.

• Confused 1