WarcraftStories

6 hours ago, Padrion.7382 said:

To bad Blizzard didn't make a good Warcraft story since Frozen Throne, but I guess that is besides the point...

I remember when people were saying Warcraft 3 was lackluster story-wise compared to its predecessors. Were they in for quite a surprise when World of Warcraft came around with its "stories"..

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 11/5/2022 at 5:46 AM, Tsakhi.8124 said:

Why should we care about Warcraft all of the sudden?

This seems like extreme fanboying.

There are objectively good reasons to care about what GW2's most successful competitors are doing. 

Back on topic, I kind of disagree. The thing GW2 should copy from WoW is the short video series that introduce people to the expansion's lore. "Warbringers", "Lords of War", "Harbingers", etc. These are good stuff.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Back on topic, I kind of disagree. The thing GW2 should copy from WoW is the short video series that introduce people to the expansion's lore. "Warbringers", "Lords of War", "Harbingers", etc. These are good stuff.

This, there are some decent things which the devs could copy over from competitors, Warcraftstories is certainly not one of them.

Other things which would likely work well:

- short explanations and lore to dungeons/strikes/raids/instanced content with some basic explanations of attack patterns or who that enemy actually is you are up against

- a type of lore compendium which you can unlock more and more and go back to and enjoy reading

In general incorporate some of the wiki information into the game directly, especially in regards to lore and basics as to ensure a larger audience is exposed to it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

So what actually is Warcraftstories?

Contrary to popular belief there are GW2 players who have never played WoW and the only things I've heard about it on Twitter have been...not about the game and certainly nothing Anet would want to copy.

Never played it myself, but my husband did, and it looked terribly cartoony for me.

Geeez. 

Soo after reading this thread the answer never came what this topic is about. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wow-players-can-get-a-recap-of-their-personal-warcraft-history-with-a-single-tweet/1100-6508840/

Seems it is just a spambot for twitter who makes a compilation of your characters story so far. 

Well. 

Thats kind of the same for every main character we have right? Since HoT we didnt have any choices like they did in core story.. 

• Thanks 2

So after all that it's about a bot that summarises what you've done in the game in a tweet?

And yeah, all the info on what your character has done in GW2 is already in the game. There's the story journal for a summary of the official story and achievements for everything else.

From the name I was imagining something like the promo Anet did a few years ago where they asked people who met through the game (either couples or friends) to share their stories and then shared them on their social media channels. Not exactly like that of course, since the point is Anet hadn't done whatever WoW had, but I thought it'd be something more meaningful than an achievement summary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Xanadrine.4352 said:

Oh for the love of Melandru! What the op is saying is why dont gw2 do this, its pretty simple and would be fun. But I guess fun is right out in this game.

No, OP just wants GW2 to copy near everything WoW does, has been agitating for such since well before the game launched.  And I'd rather do the ACTUAL fun stuff that's in the game instead of mess around with Bots on the Toxic Cesspit that is Twitter.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

So after all that it's about a bot that summarises what you've done in the game in a tweet?

And yeah, all the info on what your character has done in GW2 is already in the game. There's the story journal for a summary of the official story and achievements for everything else.

From the name I was imagining something like the promo Anet did a few years ago where they asked people who met through the game (either couples or friends) to share their stories and then shared them on their social media channels. Not exactly like that of course, since the point is Anet hadn't done whatever WoW had, but I thought it'd be something more meaningful than an achievement summary.

Actually, it's even worse, it give like 2 or 3 info randomized on the character

You're better off simply taking a screen from gw2effiency and posting it... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Xanadrine.4352 said:

Oh for the love of Melandru! What the op is saying is why dont gw2 do this, its pretty simple and would be fun. But I guess fun is right out in this game.

The OP didn't say what 'this' is, so most of this topic was people responding to what they guessed something called Warcraftstories would be.

And as mentioned (after we found out what it actually is) there already are GW2 equivalents, both in the game and online.

• Like 5